Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2020 3:49:41 PM EDT
This article does a great job summarizing my take of this whole insanity since it started.  I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Excerpt:

It is right that we should grieve the death of every human being, but something far more than grieving is going on in this current situation. What we have today is a gripping fear that so dreads suffering and death that almost everything else must be sacrificed.

Much of this, I am convinced, is because in this increasingly secular world, suffering and death have lost their meaning. Such an attitude is unacceptable for a Christian. Jesus taught us that the cross is a tree of life and that suffering produces glory. He taught us that to truly find our life, we must lose it to this world.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It has definitely showed me that so many priests are worldly. They do not know that they wear black to show that they have died to this world..... they have become scared and prideful cowards.....

So sad.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, abnk! You made my day reading this article.

AND--this coming so close to last week's "Shepherd Sunday." Priests and Bishops are our shepherds.

What has happened to the USCCB? To ALL local Bishops? (except Las Cruces, NM, or Great Falls-Billings, MT, or Lubbock, TX, which churches remain OPEN.)

If my personal relationship with my God, the Lord Jesus Christ, is now not deemed "ESSENTIAL," then I have a real huge problem with THAT! I can drive through my local beverage store and buy liquor. Women can kill their babies inside their wombs using an ELECTIVE procedure that is deemed "ESSENTIAL," but I can't have my defective heart valve replaced or get chemotherapy for my aggressive cancer since some pasty-faced bureaucrat has determined these are "NON-ESSENTIALS?"

It's madness--plain and simple. I've lived through the measles and mumps viruses, scarlet fever virus, trench-foot virus, the polio virus, the HIV/AIDS virus--and they never shut down America or her churches. This is outrageous.

For decades the secular press, atheists, and Progressives have screamed and wagged their fingers at us saying: "Separation of Church and State!" Well, I take them at THEIR word--"Leave us alone!"

Let's get America and her churches back up and running.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I think about the early Christians who kept calm and prayed while they were getting mauled by the lions in the Colosseum or the nuns and priests who sang hymns as they were lined up for the French guillotines or concentration camp priest Saint Maximilian Kolbe who continued to administer the Sacraments despite frequent beatings and who voluntarily died in the place of a fellow inmate. Atheists and lukewarms in a Godless generation cling to this world at all cost to others because they either believe this is the only one or they fear what awaits them in the afterlife.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I think about the early Christians who kept calm and prayed while they were getting mauled by the lions in the Colosseum or the nuns and priests who sang hymns as they were lined up for the French guillotines or concentration camp priest Saint Maximilian Kolbe who continued to administer the Sacraments despite frequent beatings and who voluntarily died in the place of a fellow inmate. Atheists and lukewarms in a Godless generation cling to this world at all cost to others because they either believe this is the only one or they fear what awaits them in the afterlife.
View Quote

COURAGE beyond measure, HEATSEAKER--BOUNDLESS COURAGE! Because of their belief in a Creator--a transcendental outlook. Timelessness and eternity versus the earthly ticking clock.

You hit the X-ring with those Godless folks clinging to this material world, since it's the only one they know of or have faith in. THAT is precisely why there is so much discord and division in America today. We have half the country as zealots and fanatics wanting to violently impose their notions of "truth" on everyone, but their outlook, view, and solutions are so transitory (and mostly in error) that they do not help the common good over the ages. In fact, they are mostly self-destructive.

It's why godless people are so darn desperate to act--they need to make their own personal mark on the world in time before they "check out," since that 6 foot deep hole awaiting them at the cemetery is it. Period. Finis. Das Ende.

I rest my case; how do you reason with those opposed to science AND reason, let alone faith? It's a no-go.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:
I think about the early Christians who kept calm and prayed while they were getting mauled by the lions in the Colosseum or the nuns and priests who sang hymns as they were lined up for the French guillotines or concentration camp priest Saint Maximilian Kolbe who continued to administer the Sacraments despite frequent beatings and who voluntarily died in the place of a fellow inmate. Atheists and lukewarms in a Godless generation cling to this world at all cost to others because they either believe this is the only one or they fear what awaits them in the afterlife.
View Quote

I believe that all those Sacrifices are noble, honorable, and God-like. But that is not how I see many in the Church right now! Many are looking out for their own necks with the excuse of "I am being obiediant to my Bishop and my country."........ the Catholic Church in America closed on their own. I was told in mass this week that it is "charitable" to follow these "precautions". Unfortunately, charity requires free-will. Not a command. Yes, priests must be obiediant to their Bishops..... but they also must be obiediant to God. I do not fear death on Earth. I fear death of my SOUL after this life! To see the soldiers of God cower and not even try to fight for our Supernatural Grace, has harmed many people! I keep hearing that "prudence! Prudence! We can't throw our priests lives away". But prudence only works in the context of God's Grace. Do they not realize that many battles are fought by men that knew very well they would fall? That they couldn't win? Have you ever fought just because it was right?? These battles are required because it is morally right! Think of the sons that watched their fathers go to battle and never return! But these sons knew that these battles helped free others!

The way they handle Communion, with Hand sanitizer pumping along the way! How do I teach my children this is the Blessed Body of Christ if it can spread disease? Does no one believe anymore?

With that said, this has allowed my family and I to grow closer to God. Our Daily Rosary has ment even more. But it is sad to see the churches even less filled. Our parishioners who were "most holy" and looked up to, haven't come back. They are content with the TV masses. It has been very illuminating. I will say I am trying to hold back my just anger. I have no right to critique the Holy Orders. That is God Right only. But I wish to shake them awake! Our priest need a Pentecost! We need a Pentecost! I have a son to be Confirmed and another son to receive First Holy Communion. I hope they eventually will allow it.

Rant off..... sorry I have been holding this in for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top