Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2023 1:04:39 PM EDT
My main focus is high school football, and our field has had really bad lighting, but they r currently re-doing EVERYTHING.   New artificial turf (which doesn't seem to soak up the light like natural grass, and we r getting new LED lights.    These 2 combined will help a LOT on dropping the ISO when shooting.

Anyway, after some honest soul searching, I decided I want to use my 70-200 more vs my HEAVY 120-300 lens.   Currently using a D780, but am starting to lean towards a D500 coupled with the 70-200.     Really want a D5, but since I do this just for fun, I really don't want to spend "that" much on a 2nd body.

The D500 and 70-200 wld be pretty light, give good results (I think), and make it so I actually ENJOY shooting the game, since I'm not lugging that heavy 120-300 so much.

D500's are pretty easy to find, and pretty inexpensive for a good used copy.    Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the D500 is one of the best zoom/action bodies out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top