BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did I say that reflexive actions are common sense?  Did I say that reflexive actions are always smart or correct?  No, no I didn't.

Did I say that if you do something startlingly stupid you'll cause a (possibly ill-considered) reflexive response?  Yes, yes I did.

If you don't understand why reflexive actions may be inconsistent with common sense then maybe you should check out this thread.

Yes it is interesting how many assume that the cop committed perjury instead of realizing that the charge does not require any lying on his part.  Yes it is interesting how many don't think that the driver that ignored the red light, ignored the cop's instructions, passed within feet of a pedestrian lawfully in the intersection, drove home, and never reported the incident is the bad guy.
View Quote

Do you have any information that the officer reported that he kicked a passing car breaking his leg? Just wondering who you assume at honest.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting to hear that the officer has been hooked up for vandalism.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Its pretty clear that everyone there had the assumption that the cop was hit including their rush to post on facebook they got the person that "struck" a cop. So it doesn't seem as if the cop did anything to deny that, they likely wouldn't even have released the post if they thought their cop was in the wrong. Everything was going good until this person here sent in their dashcam

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don’t think I’ve personally said perjury, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that it had some creative writing that needed to be amended when the video was discovered.

I do think that the constable should be charged with damaging the private property.  Hopefully the video also has an impact on his workman’s comp claim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes it is interesting how many assume that the cop committed perjury instead of realizing that the charge does not require any lying on his part.  Yes it is interesting how many don't think that the driver that ignored the red light, ignored the cop's instructions, passed within feet of a pedestrian lawfully in the intersection, drove home, and never reported the incident is the bad guy.

I don’t think I’ve personally said perjury, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that it had some creative writing that needed to be amended when the video was discovered.

I do think that the constable should be charged with damaging the private property.  Hopefully the video also has an impact on his workman’s comp claim.

If by creative writing you mean lying, then I think we're on the same page.

Amazing what some will defend to the detriment of an entire profession.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you really manage to miss that I emphasized run with italics and that the cop's leg bent in weird directions while he fell?  It was an obvious joke that I expected everyone to catch.

Based on the news report the driver was charged with what he actually did with no "fucking over" involved and no proof of perjury by the officer.

The DA sucks?  The DA knows the jury pool sucks?

It was contact between a pedestrian and a car.  It needed to be reported.  IMHO it's better for the driver to play dumb and call it an accident than to assert self-defense in bulling through the intersection "in order to escape the guy directing traffic."

It's the section that says if you ignore directions to stop and pass within a couple feet of the officer he's likely to react reflexively and it'll be your fault for startling him.  This was once known as common sense, but that entire section was repealed decades ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mostly because the cop kicked a moving car and then lied about it to fuck over the driver.  Why should he not face consequences ten times what the driver was facing?

Oh, wait, it's because he's immune to questioning, because he's a government agent?
Did you really manage to miss that I emphasized run with italics and that the cop's leg bent in weird directions while he fell?  It was an obvious joke that I expected everyone to catch.

Based on the news report the driver was charged with what he actually did with no "fucking over" involved and no proof of perjury by the officer.

Quoted:
They dropped the serious charges after seeing the video.  What does that say?
The DA sucks?  The DA knows the jury pool sucks?

Quoted:
Is it really a traffic accident though?  The officer purposely kicked the car.
It was contact between a pedestrian and a car.  It needed to be reported.  IMHO it's better for the driver to play dumb and call it an accident than to assert self-defense in bulling through the intersection "in order to escape the guy directing traffic."

Quoted:
About that “whacking your car for not stopping for a traffic control officer”:  You say that as if the officer is entitled to meet out extrajudicial punishment to drivers breaking the law.  I’m interested in that mechanism of the law that allows that.  Could you explain that concept for me, please?
It's the section that says if you ignore directions to stop and pass within a couple feet of the officer he's likely to react reflexively and it'll be your fault for startling him.  This was once known as common sense, but that entire section was repealed decades ago.

Considering I didn't expect someone who's been attacked to assist their attacker, and that I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to miss you supposedly obvious humor...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fire him, then jail him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IMHO, that says the cop was lying his ass off in whatever story he told his superiors. Unless his superiors are shitbags too, they'll throw him under the bus for lying to them.
View Quote

LOL.  Sure.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops don't lie in reports.  They simply have to make corrections to their recollectation after video that contracdicts their statement surfaces.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pull off 100 yards down the road and call 911.  Making them track you down at home, as indicated in the paperwork shown, is just stupid and stupid should hurt.

I shouldn't be calling it "paperwork".  It's a Facebook post by the PR folks not any official report or documentation.

Don't be daft.  See above.

The media cut it to hype the story?  The car in the right lane slowing for a stop while the white car continues through the intersection and changes lanes implies that he did violate the officer's directions.

If you drive past a traffic control officer that ordered you to stop and he whacks your car you don't get to accuse him of assault.

Without knowing exactly he wrote in the actual police report I cannot say whether his testimony about the incident is credible.

Why?  That cop definitely wasn't committing a hit-and-run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would say that I didn't stop because the cop was obviously a pissed off idiot and thought he might shoot me.
Pull off 100 yards down the road and call 911.  Making them track you down at home, as indicated in the paperwork shown, is just stupid and stupid should hurt.

I shouldn't be calling it "paperwork".  It's a Facebook post by the PR folks not any official report or documentation.

Quoted:
So do I need to stop and render aid after someone assaults me and damages my private property? I should have to stick around to allow them to continue the assault. Should I get out of my car when someone begins kicking it. I would also state that I saw no evidence of him breaking traffic control directions and since the cop has already impugned himself once especially while he is it while committing a crime that I find his testimony on it less than credible. That is pretty much how that would be summed up by most defense attorneys I would imagine. I think I would drop it if I were the DA as well.
Don't be daft.  See above.

The media cut it to hype the story?  The car in the right lane slowing for a stop while the white car continues through the intersection and changes lanes implies that he did violate the officer's directions.

If you drive past a traffic control officer that ordered you to stop and he whacks your car you don't get to accuse him of assault.

Without knowing exactly he wrote in the actual police report I cannot say whether his testimony about the incident is credible.

Quoted:
Cop should serve the maximum sentence that the driver would have received if convicted.
Why?  That cop definitely wasn't committing a hit-and-run.

Yeah, it was more a hit and flop on the ground.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Did I say that reflexive actions are common sense?  Did I say that reflexive actions are always smart or correct?  No, no I didn't.

Did I say that if you do something startlingly stupid you'll cause a (possibly ill-considered) reflexive response?  Yes, yes I did.

If you don't understand why reflexive actions may be inconsistent with common sense then maybe you should check out this thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
It’s interesting how everyone watches the same video and most see the cop who unlawfully damages private property, hurts himself, then attempts to railroad the victim as the bad guy and only members of one group are the ones that see the victim as the problem.

Yeah I had a “reflex” like your boy did with my ex wife.  She startled me when I was pulling weeds and I reflexively yelled “you fat ugly cunt you ruined my life!”  Totally reflex.  It’s common sense, really.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top