Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2020 6:04:00 PM EDT
A buddy of mine is being transferred to NC for work, he asked me to hold his guns here in Texas for a bit until he gets settled there, my question is this:
Once he comes to get them and takes them to NC are there any restrictions or laws (same shit) that may get him in trouble?
he has a couple of pistols and a couple of AR's....
Not sure if he has NFA weapons as I assured him I did not want to have those anywhere near my possession.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Unless he ships his pistols to an FFL, then he needs to be a resident and pistol purchase permits (or an NC CCW).
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No NFA restrictions that I know of. No problems with bring what he has. Buying pistols in NC require obtaining a pistol permit first from the Sheriff's Office (Jim Crow laws) unless you have a NC CCW permit, but you can buy rifles and shotguns without a permit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No NFA restrictions that I know of. No problems with bringing what he has to NC. Buying pistols in NC require obtaining a pistol permit first from the Sheriff's Office (Jim Crow laws) unless you have a NC CCW permit, but you can buy rifles and shotguns without a permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top