Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2021 10:31:12 PM EDT
My shitty air pods are down to 15 mins of battery life with full charge. Need a new pair of wireless buds for walking/exercise.

Are any of the current pods with NC good to where I can use on my ZT mower and still hear the music?

I use over the ear Sony’s now and they work “ok” but it gets hot wearing them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
AirPods Pro. So glad I got them over the regular ones. I use them while cutting my grass all the time. NC works very well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AirPods Pro. So glad I got them over the regular ones. I use them while cutting my grass all the time. NC works very well.
View Quote

Second for AirPods Pro. Cant even hear the lawn mower.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a pair of Soundcore(Anker) Liberty Air 2 pro. Mowed with them last week, didn't turn on the ANC, they fit well enough to seal outside noise, I could still hear the mower but also the music, had them at mid volume. $99 on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the headphone jack on my Howard Leight muffs. I probably look like a complete tool but that's normal for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Third AirPods Pro. Perfect running lawnmower the NC is great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Android equivalent?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Third on AirPod Pros. I can barely hear my mower
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Android equivalent?
View Quote

I believe AirPods Pro work on android just fine.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve had the AirPod pros for a while. Main reason is tractor and cutting grass with my zero turn. Works great. I also use them while at the range (not for me shooting or on the line) but if I’m there and I’m close enough that it would bother me but I don’t want to put plugs in. I can just leave them in and if someone starts cranking off rounds too close. Swipe up and one click on my phone.

I’ve heard cheap Chinese stuff have started to catch up but I haven’t tried them.

I also like how I can find them view “find my phone” if I accidentally left them in the office
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’ve had the AirPod pros for a while. Main reason is tractor and cutting grass with my zero turn. Works great. I also use them while at the range (not for me shooting or on the line) but if I’m there and I’m close enough that it would bother me but I don’t want to put plugs in. I can just leave them in and if someone starts cranking off rounds too close. Swipe up and one click on my phone.

I’ve heard cheap Chinese stuff have started to catch up but I haven’t tried them.

I also like how I can find them view “find my phone” if I accidentally left them in the office
View Quote

I just used my Air Pods Pro today while cutting the lawn. The noise cancelation is excellent. Pretty sure it does work for Android too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Noise cancelling ear pods have their limits. Lawn mowers exceed them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#13]
My AirPod pros broke the first time I used them while bouncing around on my mower. Probably just a coincidence as they’ve broken two more times since then. Gigantic pieces of shit. Went with Bose NC700 and haven’t looked back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
My rock buggy (V8, headers), can’t hear it running over the music with my Air Pods Pro
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Been using mine for the past 3y for yardwork.  Also use them for taking the kid to Monster Trucks, Drag Racing, etc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
can you wear muffs over the air pods?  When I mow the farm it takes me all day and I like to wear muffs over my NC ear buds.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I like having a battery powered mower... my non-noise cancelling Pixel Buds are fine for use while mowing the yard. ;)
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#18]
jcv memory foamz $13
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
jcv memory foamz $13
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I use ISOTUNES for hearing protection + bluetooth.  They have various styles including over the ear and buds.

https://isotunes.com/

Use the code STUMPY for ten bucks off.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#21]
AirPod pros work well but not 100% mower canceling. They fit inside most earmuffs.

I’ve worn my second set out (I use and abuse them daily). That said, I am considering replacing with a cheaper option. Doing research now.

PS. They just don’t stay in as good as the original ones for me either. They do well… just not excellent for $220.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]
If you don't want to give Apple money, check out Jabra 75t.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My AirPod pros broke the first time I used them while bouncing around on my mower. Probably just a coincidence as they’ve broken two more times since then. Gigantic pieces of shit. Went with Bose NC700 and haven’t looked back.
View Quote

WTF are you doing kegel exercises with your ears?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I use wired headphones and hear muffs
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I was shopping for EarPods and tried the noise canceling headphones and to be really honest they are to dangerous to wear it literally cancels out any noise from outside ... not for me as I walk the dog and need to be aware of traffic or when I’m on the subway I need to know what’s going on around me .
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Raycon work earbuds.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I use the headphone jack on my Howard Leight muffs. I probably look like a complete tool but that's normal for me.
View Quote

That is how I do it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don’t they get all hot and sweaty?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Don't they get all hot and sweaty?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't they get all hot and sweaty?
Not riding on my zero turn.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#30]
I roll with my OEM lightning connected apple supplied earbuds when I mow with my SCAG.

It works for me.

However, I lost a lot of hearing in Graf, Hohenfels, and Iraq.

You might do better with something else.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:51:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt … I’m envisioning him smashing his head side to side hitting some roll guard or something. Totally scrambling his brain but “oh these airpods are gigantic pieces of shit”.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't ear buds damage your hearing? I use foam ear plugs with shooting muffs over top.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't ear buds damage your hearing? I use foam ear plugs with shooting muffs over top.
View Quote

Only if you crank the volume.  Keep them to a reasonable volume and its no more damaging the anything else at the same decibel level.

I don't think I would use mine while running a gas powered mower because of concerns about having to have them loud enough to damage my ears.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:58:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Bone conducting headphones, ie: AfterShokz with normal earplugs.
Works great!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I'm listening to music while mowing, this is how I do it, too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not riding on my zero turn.
View Quote

Does it have A/C? Maybe you’re in a non humid part of TX
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No doubt … I’m envisioning him smashing his head side to side hitting some roll guard or something. Totally scrambling his brain but “oh these airpods are gigantic pieces of shit”.
View Quote

Mainly just sit ups, pull ups and push ups. The air pods used to work fine but now the battery in them is shit.

I wonder about reading comprehension in GD sometimes
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#38]
I have cheap Taotronics over the ear that I've used for everything over the past few years.   I wear them all the time on my tractor and the noise cancelling is great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just picked up a pair of Soundcore(Anker) Liberty Air 2 pro. Mowed with them last week, didn't turn on the ANC, they fit well enough to seal outside noise, I could still hear the mower but also the music, had them at mid volume. $99 on Amazon.
View Quote

Between my mom, brother, and I we all have different versions of the soundcore wireless head phones all work great and we all love them.  I’m going to get my dad a pair for fathers day.  I would buy these over the apple every day of the week. I’m cheap and these are cheaper than the apples. IMO they work just as well (my gf has the apple version)
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Between my mom, brother, and I we all have different versions of the soundcore wireless head phones all work great and we all love them.  I’m going to get my dad a pair for fathers day.  I would buy these over the apple every day of the week. I’m cheap and these are cheaper than the apples. IMO they work just as well (my gf has the apple version)
View Quote

Which model?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a set of the amazon echo earbuds with active noise cancellation.  I use them mowing the yard all the time (push mower).   I'm not gonna lie, its not like i can't hear the mower some, but the music comes through fine.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#43]
I've been using these this lawn season, no complaints
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022464270?pid=224443
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I just use regular airpods when cutting the grass.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Airpod pros inside my Peltor Comtacs. They fit perfectly inside.

Especially when using the Stihl weed eater. Great music and the best hearing protection.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Noise cancelling ear pods have their limits. Lawn mowers exceed them.
View Quote

I’d recommend you try the AirPod Pros. Like quite a few have already said about theirs, mine work exceptionally well while mowing.

I’ve also added “isolators” to take up volume around the ear tip inserts. They’re just some rubber elastic material I snipped off another set of non-active ear plugs to take up some volume behind the outer shell.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#48]
I went to the audiologist and had them take impressions, then ordered Starkey ‘Tunz’ earbuds.  They aren’t noise cancelling, but they block almost all outside noise because they’re perfectly fitted to your ear.  I can listen to music and podcasts at a reasonable volume while cutting grass, riding motorcycles, etc.  Great sound quality, too.

Downside:  they are not wireless.  I use a cheap Bluetooth dongle (similar to this) to power them.  I keep a second one charged and hot swap when the battery runs out near the end of my workday.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#49]
I went in a different direction and use these:

AfterShokz Air

They are bone induction so they allow you to not cover your ear and allow you to hear ambient noise (and thus keep your SA up) while running.

When I mow the lawn I just put in a pair of regular foam earplugs. Since the headset is induction you can actually hear your music/audio books better with the plugs in while keeping all the ambient noise out.

Win/win

(ETA: you can get them at Sams for $100)
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same, work well when operating an excavator with a hammer as well
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top