Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/21/2018 7:04:39 AM EDT
Bullshit argument.

Mass shooters are merely inconvenienced by having to reload every 10 rounds. Mass shooters tend to carry multiple magazines or even multiple guns

But, a family man, likely responds to a bump in the night with a handgun and only the magazine in the gun. If you run out, while shooting someone in self defense... you are *FUCKED*. Your entire family is *FUCKED*.

People say, "Oh but that never happens! It always ends in just one or two shots!"

Bullshit. Here is a video of some Chinese woman defending herself against THREE ARMED ASSAILANTS. IF you watch closely, her slide locks back on an empty chamber. Had the intruders decided to stay and play, she would have assuredly, been fucked. In that situation, I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife to be armed with anything less than an AR15.

VIDEO: Georgia woman shoots robbers, kills one
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]
well in a perfect world no one would ever attack any one ever

We don't live in that world pass me my beta mag  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That's why no cops in the entire country carry neutered magazines when they could carry standard capacity.

...and they have backup and radios and vests and patrol rifles and full auto...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nysp have 10 round pistols and pump shotguns
View Quote
And silly little hats. You can't forget the silly little hats with the purple band that look sized for children.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Sadly, I hear family members stating this argument.
I do the math: average 'knockdown your door' group = 4.
Average rounds in bad guy until 'stop' = 3.
Average rounds on target = 1 out of 2.
=24.

In order to adequately defend myself & my home I require a minimum of 24 rounds. Which is one of the reasons for a full extra magazine on hand always.
Along with an AR15 which affords me 30 rounds until reload.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's why no cops in the entire country carry neutered magazines when they could carry standard capacity.
If  they carry the Glock 37 (Wiki says they do) .45 GAP, 10 rounds is standard capacity.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Columbine.  'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]
The whole 10 round limit is just mission creep BS.

Makes criminals out of the unsuspecting innocent.

Gives politician and policymakers a feel good talking point they can hold up to voters.

Next go-around its again reduced as a end run to make most guns illegal by design.

Anyone intent on doing mass harm to the public is not going to be inconvenienced by a stupid mag change.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Yet, in many threads arguing AR vs Shotgun some members of GD have made this very argument.

They claim the 30round AR capacity is irrelevant for home defense because everything will be over in a few shots.

It's almost as if not every member of GD is a rootin, tootin pisterlaro after all.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
As soon as the military, police, SS, etc start carrying ten round magazines then we can talk...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I love it when people who don't know Jack shit about guns want to tell me how many rounds is adequate to defend my life.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Until you face a crazed attacker high on PCP.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Time to pack a brace of pistols.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#16]
So then why do LEO need high capacity magazines? Or full auto?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]
10 for you 30 for me, maybe I'll have 20 spares but it'll be ok not like the stuff goes bad
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Any nobody needs to travel over 15mph to get where they're going either. Speed kills
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Dual wielding FTW!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Stupid argument from the left. Will any criminal only use low cap magazines? Nope. These laws only affect law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Time to pack a brace of pistols.
View Quote
NY reload. Who knew how appropriate Mr. NYC values would make that phrase.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm a bad shot so I need 60.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was told you lie about even owning any guns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#24]
The other side doesn't care about your logic and facts. Proceed accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just have magazines(and drums).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Until you face a crazed attacker high on PCP.
View Quote
Or a riot, like Ferguson.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

...and they have backup and radios and vests and patrol rifles and full auto...
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#29]
10 rd limit?  no problem, fuck your gun control..do this with 3-4 auto pistols. gun goes empty, drop it and draw another one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
They don't, but they should. Gov agencies should have the same restrictions placed on the citizens. Same goes for bodyguards and security of public officials.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Because the bad guy always goes down after being hit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yet, in many threads arguing AR vs Shotgun some members of GD have made this very argument.

They claim the 30round AR capacity is irrelevant for home defense because everything will be over in a few shots.

It's almost as if not every member of GD is a rootin, tootin pisterlaro after all.
View Quote
When you are right, your right.
Recoil, capacity, ability to reload quickly all played a factor in my “mind change”
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Read up on the shot count by the SAS unit taking back the Iranian Embassy.

Counter argument for the 10-rd crowd?
Well, I better buy another couple of 10-rd capacity guns then, for some "New York Reloads" = that IS what you want, sugarbear/snowflake, more guns but with a lower magazine capacity!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"No one needs more than 10 rounds to defend themselves"

Bullshit argument.
View Quote
Well, if the purpose of the Second Amendment is followed to its intention, a person needs at least 535 rounds to take care of business.

Thomas Jefferson said so.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Embed please?

https://youtu.be/7F1nPSNnaBo
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Recoil, capacity, ability to reload quickly all played a factor in my “mind change”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bullshit argument.

Mass shooters are merely inconvenienced by having to reload every 10 rounds. Mass shooters tend to carry multiple magazines or even multiple guns

But, a family man, likely responds to a bump in the night with a handgun and only the magazine in the gun. If you run out, while shooting someone in self defense... you are *FUCKED*. Your entire family is *FUCKED*.

People say, "Oh but that never happens! It always ends in just one or two shots!"

Bullshit. Here is a video of some Chinese woman defending herself against THREE ARMED ASSAILANTS. IF you watch closely, her slide locks back on an empty chamber. Had the intruders decided to stay and play, she would have assuredly, been fucked. In that situation, I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife to be armed with anything less than an AR15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A804A3WAbB0
View Quote
Would make a New York reload mandatory.
Do you want everyone walking around like  The Duke from Boondock Saints because I know I would.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
=24.

In order to adequately defend myself & my home I require a minimum of 24 rounds. Which is one of the reasons for a full extra magazine on hand always.
View Quote
You could send  them this Link

but you'd probably have to listen to their BS anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Every Federal Circuit Court of Appeals which has considered the question has agreed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
=24.

View Quote
My AR is my home defense gun.
It has a 40 round mag in it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Honestly the logical argument of the OP fails.  If the school or mass attacker is not hampered in their efforts by having to take the time to  reload, how is the private citizen overwhelmingly hampered by having to possibly reload?

I'm not saying I agree with limitations, but one can't argue that it does not hinder criminals but does hinder honest folks.  It may well hinder both or neither but not one and not the other.
View Quote
Most mass shooters plan their attacks out, no defensive shootings are planned. Big difference.

Even with the ARFcom crowd, I'd venture a guess that the huge majority of us aren't sitting around at night in a tac vest with a full combat load waiting for some asshole to kick in the back door.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Honestly the logical argument of the OP fails.  If the school or mass attacker is not hampered in their efforts by having to take the time to  reload, how is the private citizen overwhelmingly hampered by having to possibly reload?

I'm not saying I agree with limitations, but one can't argue that it does not hinder criminals but does hinder honest folks.  It may well hinder both or neither but not one and not the other.
View Quote
It's not a hindrance for someone shooting fish in a barrel (unarmed school kids in a building with no defensive firearms), however I would argue that having to defend oneself against armed attackers would make the need to constantly reload a problematic proposition.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#45]
2nd A #1 purpose is so the populous is as well armed as the govt, as a safe guard against tyranny

AS WELL ARMED!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#46]
and I'm over here thinking I should grab a 60 round drum for my hd rifle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Newscasts are restricted to 1 hour per day per network.

Newspapers and websites are restricted to 10000 words per day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#48]
It's a fundamental lack of understanding of terminal ballistics from too much TV, where hardened terrorists crumple instantaneously after being shot once in the lung with a pistol.

In real life, however, the FBI says:

"With the exceptions of hits to the brain or upper spinal cord, the concept of reliable and reproducible
immediate incapacitation of the human target by gunshot wounds to the torso is a myth."

"There is sufficient oxygen within the brain to support full, voluntary action for 10-15 seconds after the heart has been destroyed."

Liberals think we want 10 bullets to just hit someone and we're spraying and praying, hence the oft-repeated moronic "If you need more than 10 rounds, you need to go back to the firing range!"

In reality, after you've put a few rounds center mass in the guy, the rest of the mag is basically "suppressive fire" until he goes down.

Restricting a mass shooter to 10 rounds would do nothing. Most choose confined, populated spaces that are difficult to escape. Despite the oft-repeated "but more mag changes means more opportunities to tackle the shooter," that very very rarely happens. Even then, shooters will simply pick targets less likely to do so: elderly people, children, etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#49]
I’ll take “when people that don’t know jack shit about what they’re talking about pontificate about how I should have to handle life or death situations” for $500, Alex.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attempting to impugn someone's logic with an illogical argument. Strong move.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top