Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 9:56:17 AM EDT
For some reason I can’t access a website on my PC. I  Use chrome and Internet explorer but they will not access the site which I was able to access before. I can access the site with my cell phone or iPad, which I have been, but my computer cannot get to it anymore. It is a gun website is MD shooters.com. Is there some kind of setting that I can change? Or check? I did a reset back to a date in time where it worked, a few weeks, ago but that did not fix the problem.  I’m using an old computer I think it’s windows XP. I tried resetting the modem, the Internet connection all sorts of stuff but I can’t figure this one out. Any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What error do you get when accessing the site?  The web site or browser should give you an error message, most likely with an error code.

Also, what versions of those browsers do you use, and could you post the exact web address you are trying to access?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I see the problem.

It looks like their certificate was renewed yesterday. Maybe they also moved hosting companies.

Try opening a command box (type cmd and open that black msdos looking box) and type ipconfig /flushdns and see if that fixes it.

Assuming this is the website...

https://www.mdshooters.com/
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
In chrome it just doesn’t open. In explorer, it says “Internet explorer cannot display the webpage”.  Diagnosing the connection doesn’t help.

Edited to add that flushing didn’t help
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Parental setting?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kingfish:
In chrome it just doesn’t open. In explorer, it says “Internet explorer cannot display the webpage”.  Diagnosing the connection doesn’t help.

Edited to add that flushing didn’t help
View Quote

Try going to their IP address 64.140.160.211

(Just type that in a browser)

The TTL on the A record is 5 minutes, usually it's longer which makes me believe it was changed recently. You drop the TTL, (time to live) to make the change propagate through the DNS servers quicker.

a:www.mdshooters.com  
TypeDomain NameIP AddressTTL
Amdshooters.com64.140.160.211
WebNX, Inc. (AS18450)5 min
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot for the replies but is there something I can do to my computer? It works on iPad and iPhone but there must be some setting on my PC that’s stopping this from loading
On chrome, if I right click and select inspect it says there’s an error.” Reference error intersection observer is not defined.
Do you know what that means?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Try clearing your browser cache.  Might be something locally cached hanging things up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top