Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/11/2023 11:26:51 PM EDT
Heads up:  Liberal front group pretending to be a new gun rights org.  It appears a California Venture capital guy and media guy, both a history of supporting/donating to only liberals, have started a “gun rights” org based in Los Angeles with either their own money or dark money donors and using it to get people to sign up for free memberships to give themselves legitimacy and to harvest names of gun rights supporters.  They appear to be targeting gun shows and social media.

ARGO, Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership, has a booth set up at the big Wanenmachers Tulsa gun show this weekend.  They also left their flyers and posters all around the concessions areas.  At the booth they are talking about how they are a gun rights group looking to protect the right to own guns, increase gun education for kids, etc.

They were signing people up with that pitch and membership is free.  They had tons of free shirts, hats, and other swag if you signed up for the free membership.  Most people just took them at their word that they are pro gun and were signing up and handing over their info.

However, if you look at their nice website they talk about being a new “moderate” gun group and if you read between the lines, they are not really pro gun.  It looks like they are trying to position themselves so that when proposed laws come up, they can go in front of committees and the media and pretend to be a legitimate organization that represents that gun owners actually want these restrictive gun laws to pass.

The CEO(and I think founder) is Michael Pierce, a California venture capital guy that has a history of only donating to Obama and other democrats.  The COO is Timothy Napier, who also lives in the LA area and has a history of donating to ActBlue and Biden’s campaign.  They have a six figure payroll, with a crew of at least 4 people traveling to promote this(including the CEO and COO both at the Wanenmachers show), a full time social media person at $60k a year(job listing online), nice website, etc…all this after only launching a few months ago.  Someone is funding this and it’s not gun right supporters.  

For those at the big Tulsa show this weekend, the booth is located on the lower level of the expo center on the east wall. I think it’s technically row 18 and it’s right off the center aisle.  Just a heads up for those that might be at the show on tomorrow(Sunday) and for people to keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Black Rifle Coffee just opened a coffee shop near me. I thought for sure this is what you were posting about. ??
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone should stand next their booth with a sign that has an arrow pointing at them and LIBERALS on it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for heads up OP

Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership just screams "I'm all for the 2A, but..."

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Any gun group with the word "responsible" in their name is gonna be leftist.  Just using the word is an insinuation that most gun owners aren't responsible.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Here’s the online pictures of the CEO and COO.  COO is the guy in the suit.  Both of them were wearing cowboy belt buckles and cowboy boots at the show, which based off their social media appears to be completely out of character so I think they were just dressing up thinking that’s what people in the Midwest wore to gun shows.  The sales pitch at the show they were using to get people to sign up with definitely doesn't match their website.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Black Rifle Coffee just opened a coffee shop near me. I thought for sure this is what you were posting about.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Good info, thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here’s the online pictures of the CEO and COO.  COO is the guy in the suit.  Both of them were wearing cowboy belt buckles and cowboy boots at the show, which based off their social media appears to be completely out of character so I think they were just dressing up thinking that’s what people in the Midwest wore to gun shows

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/IMG_1448_jpeg-3024724.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/IMG_1447_jpeg-3024725.JPG
View Quote

A fivehead and skinny leg jeans! Better not let the Arfladies see that!
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
From their website:

THE FIGHT TO END GUN VIOLENCE MUST INCLUDE THE FIGHT FOR RACIAL JUSTICE

Our goal at the Alliance is to end the crisis of gun violence in our communities. In order to achieve that goal, we must acknowledge that the history of gun violence and gun laws in the United States is completely intertwined with white supremacy and structural racism. In fighting to dismantle those, we are also fighting against gun violence.

The Second Amendment has a history of being used as a tool of White Supremacy. Today's police structure dates back to slave patrols in colonial America and has evolved into the institution that disproportionately stops, arrests, harasses, and wields violence against Black people. Structural racism locks entire neighborhoods out of economic opportunity and into cycles of poverty, allowing violence to take root. And attempts to oppress and control people of color created the modern gun lobby, which regularly traffics in white supremacist messaging and stokes fear about people of color in an attempt to drive gun sales.

It is our responsibility to fight alongside others to root out the racism and injustice that is knit into the fabric of our country. We cannot end the gun violence epidemic without doing so.

We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and those protesting and marching for justice.

To our Black community members: We see you. We support you. We are listening.

To our non-Black community members, especially to our White community: This is our responsibility. It's time to get to work. It is time to examine anti-Black racism in ourselves and our communities. It is time to make being anti-racist a part of our daily lives. It is time to listen to Black voices and to amplify their message. It is time to use our position to give our attention, our respect, our time, and our money to those who have been doing this work for years.

At the Alliance, it is our commitment to examine our own biases and practices in order to become meaningful accomplices in the fight to dismantle white supremacy. With this in mind, we have compiled a list of resources including books, articles, podcasts, films, and action items that we have found helpful in understanding this work. We hope you will find them useful too.

We know this is far from an exhaustive list. Our hope is to continue updating it as we find more information and continue this conversation.
View Quote

Tells me all I need to know about them.

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe put the name of the org in the title for visibility and future searchers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
You are in Tulsa, OK.  I bet the locals would overlook some tar and feathering.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe put the name of the org in the title for visibility and future searchers.
View Quote

Good point.  Title edited to include that
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any gun group with the word "responsible" in their name is gonna be leftist.  Just using the word is an insinuation that most gun owners aren't responsible.
View Quote

If you give them money, you too can be responsible and morally superior to everyone else!
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
However, if you look at their nice website they talk about being a new "moderate" gun group and if you read between the lines, they are not really pro gun.  It looks like they are trying to position themselves so that when proposed laws come up, they can go in front of committees and the media and pretend to be a legitimate organization that represents that gun owners actually want these restrictive gun laws to pass.
View Quote

Yep, exactly right.

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Anti freedom leftist hate the country. More proof here.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#17]
So the NRA is getting some competition?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#18]
"responsible" is the new "common sense". Gov is even trying to argue a new category of people that don't qualify as People. Bruen has forced them into some weird, even more nonsensical than normal arguments. To qualify as the People and to get the protection of the second amendment, the court must find you to not be "dangerous" and also that you must be "responsible". At least according to the federal prosecutor arguing this case.

All that to say- the word is not as innocent as it seems.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not so: MCRCO, Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Ownership does battle in the courts to protect the US 2nd amendment and its Michigan counterpart--and they win--even with the "Three Witches" as the top three Communists in the state's gummint.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Saw them @ Wannenmacher.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here’s the online pictures of the CEO and COO.  COO is the guy in the suit.  Both of them were wearing cowboy belt buckles and cowboy boots at the show, which based off their social media appears to be completely out of character so I think they were just dressing up thinking that’s what people in the Midwest wore to gun shows.  The sales pitch at the show they were using to get people to sign up with definitely doesn't match their website.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/IMG_1448_jpeg-3024724.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/IMG_1447_jpeg-3024725.JPG
View Quote

I would bet good money they have sucked each other off at least once...
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#22]
"Responsible Gun Ownership" is a gun grabber term.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
thanks for heads up OP Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership just screams "I'm all for the 2A, but..."
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote
Guaranteed, the phrase "common sense" appears somewhere in their literature.

Quoted:
thanks for heads up OP Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership just screams "I'm all for the 2A, but..."
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote
Guaranteed, the phrase "common sense" appears somewhere in their literature.

Quoted:
From their website:

Our goal at the Alliance is to end the crisis of gun violence in our communities. In order to achieve that goal, we must acknowledge that the history of gun violence and gun laws in the United States is completely intertwined with white supremacy and structural racism. In fighting to dismantle those, we are also fighting against gun violence.
The Second Amendment has a history of being used as a tool of White Supremacy. Today's police structure dates back to slave patrols in colonial America and has evolved into the institution that disproportionately stops, arrests, harasses, and wields violence against Black people. Structural racism locks entire neighborhoods out of economic opportunity and into cycles of poverty, allowing violence to take root. And attempts to oppress and control people of color created the modern gun lobby, which regularly traffics in white supremacist messaging and stokes fear about people of color in an attempt to drive gun sales.
It is our responsibility to fight alongside others to root out the racism and injustice that is knit into the fabric of our country. We cannot end the gun violence epidemic without doing so.
We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and those protesting and marching for justice.
To our non-Black community members, especially to our White community: This is our responsibility. It's time to get to work. It is time to examine anti-Black racism in ourselves and our communities. It is time to make being anti-racist a part of our daily lives. It is time to listen to Black voices and to amplify their message. It is time to use our position to give our attention, our respect, our time, and our money to those who have been doing this work for years.
At the Alliance, it is our commitment to examine our own biases and practices in order to become meaningful accomplices in the fight to dismantle white supremacy. With this in mind, we have compiled a list of resources including books, articles, podcasts, films, and action items that we have found helpful in understanding this work. We hope you will find them useful too.

We know this is far from an exhaustive list. Our hope is to continue updating it as we find more information and continue this conversation.
View Quote

View Quote
Holy shit, no joke.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#24]
We good got NRA and The GOP.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Bumping for reasons. Looked at their website last night, fucking weasels.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership. Why just the name alone screams communist dick suckers. Why? Because it uses the typical commie buzzwords of Alliance and Responsible.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#27]
They've been at two gun shows this fall out here in Las Vegas, with a couple of attractive models handing out their free swag.

They were convincing a lot of people to take one of their brochures, but the show was littered with people discarding them elsewhere.

It was pretty obvious to me just on a cursory look at their booth that they were not a pro 2A group, so I didn't pay too much attention to them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From their website:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From their website:

Yup.

When you see the Marxist language interspersed I’d say it’s a front group.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#29]
ARGO fuck yourself.

(Props to anyone who gets the reference.)
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Someone should stand next their booth with a sign that has an arrow pointing at them and LIBERALS on it.
View Quote

This is how you fight this shit; give them a taste of their tactics. Hell, I don't go to gun shows much anymore, but if I find out there in my area, I would love to stand right in front of their booth with a sign saying they're fake and funded by dark money and hate gunowners...hand out GOA, FPC and actual gun rights groups that get shit done.

While I think the group are probably just shills, they are likely going to be used in surveys and data to support "reasonable, common sense, responsible" gun control.

Another strategy is maybe having the gun shows deny their booth, fuck'em. These are private shows and these groups are anti-gun, racist, and funding fronts for social justice scams.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Thank you for for the heads up, OP. I am surprised this thread hasn’t gotten more attention. If true, mods should sticky it.

A common Dem tactic is to blend in with your audience. Hillary famously changed her accent on the campaign trail.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Rated “Read”
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
ARGO fuck yourself.

View Quote
Russian Warship, go fuck yourself!
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Take their flyers and swag to the trash
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Alliance huh? Maybe they should make a hefty donation to one of our real gun rights organizations.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From their website:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
From their website:

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boom!
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#39]
So why are gun shows giving them space?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ARGO fuck yourself.

View Quote

This is exactly what I thought of first.

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#42]
The "responsible" part is a dead give away that it is a lefty shill org in disguise.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Black Rifle Coffee just opened a coffee shop near me. I thought for sure this is what you were posting about. ??
View Quote

Oooooof.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ARGO fuck yourself.

View Quote

i was waiting for that or was going to post myself.

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Timothy does appear to be on that side of the fence.  He and his (im guessing) boyfriend/partner Tom really enjoy travel, according to his open public Instagram.  Hard to say with Michael but it appears he lives in a $3.5 million house in a LA suburb and has wife/girlfriend that was an unsuccessful direct-to-dvd movie actress from the 1990s that currently has her real estate license.

Nothing from the info I looked up on either the CEO(maybe founder?) and COO remotely indicates they are passionate about an individuals right to own firearms and the second amendment.  None of the information out there that they have posted publicly on social media or other platforms gives any indication of any positive interest in the second amendment.  Neither has any history of donating to a single Republican from what my cursory search of donation records shows.  Which is why this looks like a complete astroturf front operation to harvest personal information from second amendment supporters.

And it’s not like I’m diving deep into somebody that’s tried to remain anonymous. They are both publicly listing this organization on their LinkedIn, Facebook, and instagram.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#46]
ARGO members uphold individual freedoms and promote responsible gun ownership by advocating for and against firearm legislation nationwide, all while enhancing access to training and support.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So why are gun shows giving them space?
View Quote

Good question
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#48]
ARGO fuck yourself?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
From their website:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
From their website:

It's funny that they think the "gun violence epidemic" is rural white people shooting each other up.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top