Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 11:05:25 AM EDT
I thought GD might appreciate this one. Yes, it's longer than 5 minutes.

TLDW: guy gets drunk and kicked out of a bar, possibly a bar fight, he doesn't remember. Cop gets called, decides to bring him to the office, but not arrest him. Tells him to call a ride. Guy wants to know why he's so mad. He then gets madder, decides to arrest him, "plants" him a couple of times, then gets everything off his chest while cooking up the charges. Happened in March of 2018. Guy gets letter in January of 2021 acquitting him of the obstruction charge and convicting him of PI. How that's constitutionally or procedurally possible, IDK. But the moral of the story is, they successfully got past the statute of limitations for any excessive force lawsuit.

This probably would have been good for at least 50k, maybe 6 figures, had the SOL not expired.

You've seen the Punisher stickers, but have you heard the Punisher voice?

New Police Bodycam Footage Shows Danger of Statutes of Limitations

Disclaimer for the free advertising crowd, my schedule is booked for the next year, and posting this video in GD might make me all of 4 cents. And the video was uploaded by me. So if you want to watch it, you'll have to give me your 4 cents for my future ammo fund.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ll watch when I get home. There definitely needs to be some changes in how things are handled. I see it a lot during the auditor videos which sucks because I usually hate the auditors actions way more.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Some cops are pieces of shit
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Statue of limitations should Ben exempt from anything and anyone funded by taxpayers
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is your problem, they have a pic of Barney Fife in the office.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Woah!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is your problem, they have a pic of Barney Fife in the office.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51268/9DD50BFA-D245-4FF0-840F-3F0D44190AB8_jpe-1786379.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, pay no mind to the skeletor reaper of justice and champion of justice poster on the left.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If 30+ years in LE has taught me anything it’s that some cops are indeed pieces of shit. Some of those POS go on to become chiefs and sheriffs which mindless voters elect over and over again. I digress.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess my bigger question is how you plead or are found guilty without a trial?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

So are some attorneys.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So are some attorneys.
View Quote

You misspelled the word most.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess my bigger question is how you plead or are found guilty without a trial?
View Quote

Great question. You can't. You can hear the other cop he's telling the story to asking him why he isn't charging him with a state level misdemeanor to go to "the magistrate [court]," rather than charging municipal offenses. He responds something to the effect of, b/c the municipal court will do what I want, or else, basically. Some of these town "municipal judges" are real life kangaroo courts. So he charged him with municipal "obstructing" and municipal "PI" rather than the state code versions. Honestly I don't know what the difference is, having not read their town code, but they get to avoid the actual magistrate judge and court system, which is the usual route for misdemeanors.

I had another city pd do this recently with a GD worthy Walmart open carry firearms arrest which was caught on video. Instead of arresting the guy for the state code misdemeanor of trespassing, which carries no jail sentence and only a $100 fine, instead they used their municipal code offense of trespassing, which apparently did have potential jail time.

If you've been following my case w/ the family court judge who searched the guy's house, I've learned quite a lot recently about the disciplinary rules for judges. Just this morning I asked the lawyer running that whole deal whether municipal "judges" are also subject to investigation and discipline for the judicial rules of conduct. Apparently they are.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I just want to know, why is he so mad?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I recognize that tone, a lot of cops have it.  

It's the 'Angry abusive father' voice and if you don't kowtow and show enough respect when it is used the violence starts.

Just saying, if you're ever dealing with a cop who uses that tone with you expect to be fucked with hard if you don't appease them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just want to know, why is he so mad?
View Quote

That's it, c'mere you Mfer!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cop gets called, decides to bring him to the office, but not arrest him.

First mistake.
View Quote

But why are you so mad?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#19]
"If he moves, plant him."  I am surprised this guy did not pull some stick time on him while he's handcuffed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top