Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2022 4:42:25 PM EDT
After months of over thinking this project, it’s finally come to fruition.  My old house I was stuck in a basement without any way of venting out paint fumes.  Larger projects I would set up a temporary table in my garage and paint with the door open.   I did an assessment of my old work table and realized I had too much space that would just gather clutter.  I’m trying to eliminate that habit in my life.

Old table was a folding cafeteria type with a riser on the back.  I built this one out of a 4X8 sheet of ply ripped down to 34” wide with the same riser modified to hold parts bins and switch panels.  On the right side, the switches are for booth lights, fan and the overhead pool table light.  And of course I added an outlet.   Left side is an outlet with USB charge ports.

The tool chest has my rotating paint rack and I’m planning on using the top drawers to store the kit sprues in I’m building at the time.  I think I might have to use the top drawer as a pull out bed for my cat to hang around and supervise me.  But the chest sits on four swivel casters so when I’m painting at the booth, I can swing it around to the other side or behind me.

Here’s a shot of the booth lit up after I wired things in.

And the best part, my view!  I’ll use this window to pop in the vent when painting.

of course two weeks ago I had a wide open view until the wife decided she wanted a swing.

I still have a long way to go getting the area organized and ready for breaking open that first kit.  I have a magnetic strip I used on the edge of the riser to hold my files, clamps, knifes, saws, etc…. Now I have switches there so I have to rethink my layout.  Not sure if I want to mount it on the side of the booth or a swing out arm on the top.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top