Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2019 10:36:30 PM EDT
I have been vaping a smok cloud beast and later a cloud prince beast for years. I as happy with it I guess. I ran out of coils from my stash and went to the local vape store for more. Decided to grab a new tank instead. Picked up a smok TF16 tank. Holy shit. This thing is huge!  But, the flavors and clouds that come from this thing is amazing. Worlds different than my previous tanks.

I know lots of people give shit on smok products.. But I have tried othr stuff and always go back to it. Never cared for the RDA stuff. Not sure if I just wasn't doing it right or not, but all bad experiences with those.

Link Posted: 10/2/2019 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn that looks big. I am now using a Squonk with a single coil RDA on it. Nudge is the RDA it is the single coil one. Dovpo Topside mod. Been going strong for about a year with this combo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BURN] [#2]
Very nice i am using a tfv12 with a tank extension that makes it 12mls on a table top pass through mod and a dual RBA coil with quad core claptons.

I have over 40 tanks 20 mods and 15 aio's now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BURN:
Very nice i am using a tfv12 with a tank extension that makes it 12mls on a table top pass through mod and a dual RBA coil with quad core claptons.

View Quote
Do you have a wall like some of those you tube guys full of mods and tanks?
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BURN] [#4]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not nearly that many...

But I do have a few set ups...the smaller box with the one mod and juice bottles now holds 8 mods...

I like having choices...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

and my pass through XBOX power supply mod...

This also does not show my battery and charger set up...
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been vaping a smok cloud beast and later a cloud prince beast for years. I as happy with it I guess. I ran out of coils from my stash and went to the local vape store for more. Decided to grab a new tank instead. Picked up a smok TF16 tank. Holy shit. This thing is huge!  But, the flavors and clouds that come from this thing is amazing. Worlds different than my previous tanks.

I know lots of people give shit on smok products.. But I have tried othr stuff and always go back to it. Never cared for the RDA stuff. Not sure if I just wasn't doing it right or not, but all bad experiences with those.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvapingcheap.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F05%2FSMok-TFV16-Vape-Tank.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote
I have mine for around 2 months. Yes it make big clouds running around 125 watts on my Ageis Legend. Flavor is blah and taste like every other crappy SMOK tank i have owned it didn't fail to disappoint me and leaked all 6-7 mils of liquid within a few days of non use.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a SMOK tfv16 tank coming.

Not real big on sub-ohm coil tanks but want to try it out...
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
So far it has been running strong. I burned through the dual coil. i think i fired it in my pocket and toasted it..  Using the single could now. No leaks, no issues so far. I was told by the guy in the shop that the dual coils were the better coil. I don't have a preference myself, both seem good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 3:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#8]
So far it has been running strong. I burned through the dual coil. i think i fired it in my pocket and toasted it..  Using the single could now. No leaks, no issues so far. I was told by the guy in the shop that the dual coils were the better coil. I don't have a preference myself, both seem good enough for me.
View Quote
Yeah that stinks,  I have gone almost exclusively gone with mesh RDA & RTA's the flavor is out of this world. It never fails that when its in my pocket the wattage gets turned up, then it damages the mesh strips and cotton. Its pretty simple all i have remember is to lock the controls

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#9]
got the tfv16 and its a nice tank no leaking as of yet....

Bit i find my self still liking rta rebuildables better.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Do you find that all Smok tanks always have the same flavor?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
View Quote
I have used the cloud beast, prince, and this new one. I would say they were all very different experiences.  Flavor wise, this new one is much better then the others I have used.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They are all different to me...and just changing the coil types themselves effects flavor and cloud production on the same tank.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay. MAJOR flaw in this tank design...

When you rotate the top open to refill the tank there is a rubber gasket that is friction fit in place. It works fine for awhile but if it slips down even a little bit when it is closed, opening the tank to refill again will rip it and stretch it out so it can't be used anymore. I have just replaced it for a third time in three days. Each time it has happened I was refilling the tank. Lasts maybe 2 refills before it messes up. I am effectively SOL with no vape until I can get it replaced.

When I replace the gasket I clean out the well with a q tip and firmly press it in there. The lid closes easily and nothing is getting caught. Never had any issues with closing it. But something is happening while it's all closed up that the gasket is slipping down and jamming it from being opened without ripping it apart.

The other SMOK tanks have this same gasket but it's not on the lid, it is on the tank part. After a couple months it gets messed up too.. but it's long intervals. This new design is not working apparently..  Maybe i will try some knock off gaskets and see if those work any better.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 6:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#14]
Okay. MAJOR flaw in this tank design...

When you rotate the top open to refill the tank there is a rubber gasket that is friction fit in place. It works fine for awhile but if it slips down even a little bit when it is closed, opening the tank to refill again will rip it and stretch it out so it can't be used anymore. I have just replaced it for a third time in three days. Each time it has happened I was refilling the tank. Lasts maybe 2 refills before it messes up. I am effectively SOL with no vape until I can get it replaced.

When I replace the gasket I clean out the well with a q tip and firmly press it in there. The lid closes easily and nothing is getting caught. Never had any issues with closing it. But something is happening while it's all closed up that the gasket is slipping down and jamming it from being opened without ripping it apart.

The other SMOK tanks have this same gasket but it's not on the lid, it is on the tank part. After a couple months it gets messed up too.. but it's long intervals. This new design is not working apparently..  Maybe i will try some knock off gaskets and see if those work any better.
View Quote
Just by another tank and move on,(falcon king or uwell crown 4)they are like $30. Every SMOK product i have tried is subpar at best.

As long as you accept x3 things you will never be disappointed with SMOK

- coil life sucks
- flavor is MEH at best
- it will leak, (profusely)

Problem solved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top