Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 7:23:01 PM EDT
Anyone here have the ceramic Seamaster 300m? I’m debating between the steel version or the ceramic. I’m assuming Omega knows they’re doing with a ceramic case and it should hold up to abuse.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got one along with a planet ocean. Really like the matte ceramic look in addition to toughness.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve got one along with a planet ocean. Really like the matte ceramic look in addition to toughness.
View Quote

No concerns of chipping/cracking with normal impact around the lugs and such?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I just got this one last month.  It was considering the same one you were but the rose gold did it for me.  That being said, the ceramic one is really awesome, and I think it will hold up just fine.  The couple times I checked it out, they were extremely confident in the fact that it would have to take one hell of a hit just the right way to break it that it would probably screw up a steel watch just as bad, but I have a bit history of breaking or scratching things that are supposedly immune to that, so, I suppose it could happen.

There’s always insurance, if it gives you peace of mind.  I got a policy on this one, cost like $130 for the year and covers everything I’d want.  Makes it a little easier to just enjoy it and not worry about it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No concerns of chipping/cracking with normal impact around the lugs and such?
View Quote

Not at all. I think if it took such an impact it would scratch/dent anything including non-ceramic.

I have a old Seamaster non ceramic and doesnt have near the aesthetic appeal to me as my ceramics. I like the more matte finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top