Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2019 5:27:38 PM EDT
Well,

I decided to do something different. Just got this delivered from Amazon.

I’ll try it out tonight.

Wish me luck.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Dibs on guns.

I had no idea we had a Shaving section lol. I would damage myself with that lol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool looking razor.  It looks like the old Gillett razor.  Lets us know if its any good or not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool looking razor.  It looks like the old Gillett razor.  Lets us know if its any good or not.
View Quote
I think it worked out well for my first time.

The Razor uses a twisting mechanism to open the top of the razor. Easy and safe loading of the razor.

I took a hot shower this morning. Used normal conditioner on my beard. Then used shaving soap with a badger brush. The 1st few passes were the hardest. Once I got the feel of it was pretty quick. I had only one weeper.

The hardest part was to focus on the razor and let the weight of the razor do the work.

Not sure my face has been this smooth since I was a teenager.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it worked out well for my first time.

The Razor uses a twisting mechanism to open the top of the razor. Easy and safe loading of the razor.

I took a hot shower this morning. Used normal conditioner on my beard. Then used shaving soap with a badger brush. The 1st few passes were the hardest. Once I got the feel of it was pretty quick. I had only one weeper.

The hardest part was to focus on the razor and let the weight of the razor do the work.

Not sure my face has been this smooth since I was a teenager.
View Quote
I haven't used that one (I have The GodFather) but I love my Viking.

So far my new shave soap has been very awesome. I like it better than my proraso white.

Eta:My thread
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm afraid to try a safety razor 'cuz I know this would be me:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/100647/Big_shave_jpg-827292.JPG
View Quote
It’s not that bad! I just went slow and read some articles on how to shave. Two additional items I ordered were a Shaving Stick and Pre-shave oil. Cost me another $20
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did exactly this the other night even with the trainer blades.  I suck at this.  hopefully practice makes perfect and I don't bleed out some day. Viking godfather with the supplied "mild" blades.  cut myself somewhere around 15 times in one stroke  
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I did exactly this the other night even with the trainer blades.  I suck at this.  hopefully practice makes perfect and I don't bleed out some day. Viking godfather with the supplied "mild" blades.  cut myself somewhere around 15 times in one stroke  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fattyfat There is definitely a learning curve, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quickly but if I may offer a few of tips.
1. Use just enough pressure to maintain contact with your face (light light pressure). Let the weight of the razor and the blade do the cutting don't force it.
2. Use an angle of somewhere around 30°.
3. Don't try to get a perfect shave at first just concentrate on technique. Going over your skin too many times will result in irritation. As you perfect your technique your shaves will get better. (I do three passes first with the grain, then across the grain and last against the grain. If I try to skip straight to shaving against the grain I get bad irritation and a horrible shave.)
4. Tutorials and how to videos are your friend.
How to Shave with a Safety Razor Tutorial - Beginner Series Ep. 13
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:22:01 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks for that.  I watched it, now I need to relax.  this ain't a cartridge razor that is forgiving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top