Posted: 12/11/2019 12:32:39 AM EDT
https://www.serica-watches.com/en/

ETA Specs:

CASE - Stainless steel
MOVEMENT - ETA 2801-2 or the equivalent Sellita SW210-1
DIAL - Lacquer black
LUME - Vintage Super-LumiNova
LENS- Domed mineral
Straps (3) – black leather one-piece, nylon one-piece, and black leather tapered two-piece
WATER RESISTANCE - 100 meters
DIMENSIONS - 37.7mm x 46.5mm
THICKNESS - 11.8mm
LUG WIDTH - 20mm
CROWN - Screw down
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They look nice and functional. I like the plain dial, devoid of a potentially ugly logo. I wonder how accurate the movement will be.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I like

Cost?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
$540
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They look nice and functional. I like the plain dial, devoid of a potentially ugly logo. I wonder how accurate the movement will be.
View Quote
ETA 2801 should be plenty accurate if they are regulated properly. It's basically a 2824 without the auto bridge.

I like the dial, movement, case (mostly), drilled lugs.  I dislike the mineral glass. I would like to see a sapphire and an acrylic option. The case, especially the bezel, seems a bit beefy in the stock pics but doesn't look too bad in wrist shots. I also dislike the price, but it's putting it in line with the Hamilton Khaki Mechanicals.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking watch, but mineral...and cost for that...Meh.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Stupid price.  Can get a solid Hamilton or Seiko with those same specs for $300-400.....and it's not from some no name micro startup that will be out of business in a year and nowhere to get service done when your watch breaks.

There's a whole bunch of BS on their website about "60% of the value of the watch comes from Switzerland."  Sounds like a Chinese case, crystal, crown, case back, etc...  With an ETA in it and assembly done in Switzerland.  That's a nope for me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stupid price.  Can get a solid Hamilton or Seiko with those same specs for $300-400.....and it's not from some no name micro startup that will be out of business in a year and nowhere to get service done when your watch breaks.

There's a whole bunch of BS on their website about "60% of the value of the watch comes from Switzerland."  Sounds like a Chinese case, crystal, crown, case back, etc...  With an ETA in it and assembly done in Switzerland.  That's a nope for me.
View Quote
Yup, you've got to bring something new to the table, or be competitive on the price. I do like the thickened bezel there, but not for +$150ish over a Hamilton Khaki that has an ETA movement as well.

It's a handsome watch though, no doubt about it. Maybe they'll get their price down.

Link Posted: 12/12/2019 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Honestly, if it doesn't have at least the date on it, I don't see the point.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Honestly, if it doesn't have at least the date on it, I don't see the point.
View Quote
Folks who rotate watches, especially automatics, like a no-date because they can just pick it up, put a wind on it, set the hands quickly, and you're off to the races. I have one automatic watch with a day/date and it takes a bit to set it after it's been wound down in the box. I don't wear it as much because of this.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Folks who rotate watches, especially automatics, like a no-date because they can just pick it up, put a wind on it, set the hands quickly, and you're off to the races. I have one automatic watch with a day/date and it takes a bit to set it after it's been wound down in the box. I don't wear it as much because of this.
View Quote
I'm currently down to 2 watches.  Both no-date.  I like the cleaner dial.  It's also less to go wrong/break on the watch.  Unless the date is really well done (ex- Sinn 104, Glashutte Pano, etc...) I really would prefer no-date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top