Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2022 1:15:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I figured it would have already been posted.

Seems like a great way to add more weight to your gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured it would have already been posted.

Seems like a great way to add more weight to your gun.
View Quote

And be like Master Chief.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What if I don't want to take my grip off each mag change?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously you're just not ready for sensor fusion.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Early April Fool's?

No, the twat waffler trolls ruined that for us, Magpul even said that they stopped doing them because of said waffle trolls. At one point Magpul was even going to make them but the trolls trolled so hard that Magpul said no, LMAO.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the start off an augmented reality system.

I wonder if it will sync with their line of belts and sunglasses.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Obviously you're just not ready for sensor fusion.
View Quote

My body is ready
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm really interested in playing with something like this, but I question the value/utility.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm…
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Neat!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Reminds of a COTI for LPVOs. I think the idea is sound, we'll see what the implementation looks like.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope I can power it with the clearance hoodies and tshirts I already own and may buy in the future.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
HUD goggles are going to end up being the future, not screens in front of your optic.

We’re really not that far off from enclosed screen goggles that can zoom, do NV, ranging, and a laser mounted on the rifle that reflects point of aim/predicts POI in said goggles. Using cameras mounted on the goggle and even rifle, they can increase natural field of view, detect motion, and work as a corner shot. Rifles won’t even need an optic, just an IR laser and a tiny camera.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, that's badass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Somewhat interested.  Looks to me more likely a light splitter to overlay a screen on your reticle.

Round counter-so we will need smart mags now. Range finder is already common enough on scopes.  Did not catch if it would create ballistic solutions.  But those can already be purchased. But damn they would not have the bullet counter-shit
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HUD goggles are going to end up being the future, not screens in front of your optic.

We’re really not that far off from enclosed screen goggles that can zoom, do NV, ranging, and a laser mounted on the rifle that reflects point of aim/predicts POI in said goggles.
View Quote

They had some sort of goggle device when showing all the future accessories.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’re really not that far off from enclosed screen goggles that can zoom, do NV, ranging, and a laser mounted on the rifle that reflects point of aim/predicts POI in said goggles.

Probably related to the currently-paused Army augmented reality program.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Round count is obviously useful, but Im not so sure that all of the aded cost, weight, and hassle are worth that.

Ballistics and hud in a scope is useful.  Seems like the Burris and ATI concept as an add-on.

I really think an all-in-one optic with everything built in would make more sense than ad hoc,
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Round count is obviously useful, but Im not so sure that all of the aded cost, weight, and hassle are worth that.

Ballistics and hud in a scope is useful.  Seems like the Burris and ATI concept as an add-on.

I really think an all-in-one optic with everything built in would make more sense than ad hoc,
View Quote

Vortex is making that. But it looks $$$$$$ and heavy
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool, but how does it work during extreme cold weather temps, which is notoriously hard on battery life and electronics in general?

A conflict in Europe or even the Artic is a possibility so anything that the MIL would ever adopt or even for that matter some LEO agencies in certain parts of the USA would have be well suited to cold weather operations.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I disagree that an all-in-on optic would make more sense.

Optics are always advancing and different optics are preferred for different tasks. Better it be an add-on that can be used in conjunction with multiple types of optics.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
ASSumption on my part

The new mags have a "witness" hole. Something on the round count trigger guard (note a nub goes below magwell) "sees" or physically inserts in witness hole. As rounds come up the mag, the counter registers it.

Honestly for most civilian use, I can't see the usefulness for round counters except to prevent the most common lie on EE "Only shot 100 rounds then put away"
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Kind of early for April Fools product releases.  Is this real?  

I don't know that I really need to know the compass heading of my target.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait to see the but-hurt over the FBI filing a warrant to pull your smart weapon log file and all the rest of the data this platform is going to cache. Guarantee it's going to log GPS data as well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I think I’ll pass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#26]
This will change how Pokemon Go is played forever!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#27]
lol, just give me my Daka pouch in FDE extra smedium with window already
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Screw putting the info on the optic. How about on the NODS?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree. Vortex should sell a commercial variant of their new NGSW-FC:

The XM157 has a number of next gen features including a variable magnification optic, a built-in laser rangefinder and atmospheric sensors which feed into an onboard ballistic calculator. It also features a compass and intra-soldier wireless connectivity (presumably alongside the IVAS kit which is in development). It also includes visible and infrared aiming lasers, and a digital display overlay.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/01/07/vortex-win-us-army-next-generation-squad-weapons-fire-control-contract/amp/
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can't wait to see the but-hurt over the FBI filing a warrant to pull your smart weapon log file and all the rest of the data this platform is going to cache. Guarantee it's going to log GPS data as well.
View Quote

Yep. They'll have gps coordinates to send the reapers and hellfire missiles to.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Vortex should sell a commercial variant of their new NGSW-FC:

https://fragoutmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/vortex-ngsw-fcu-1.jpg

The XM157 has a number of next gen features including a variable magnification optic, a built-in laser rangefinder and atmospheric sensors which feed into an onboard ballistic calculator. It also features a compass and intra-soldier wireless connectivity (presumably alongside the IVAS kit which is in development). It also includes visible and infrared aiming lasers, and a digital display overlay.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/01/07/vortex-win-us-army-next-generation-squad-weapons-fire-control-contract/amp/

Now I have chub.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Get them to market before the foreign knock-offs hit the shelves.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Interesting. I'll be watching closely to see what else they add to the system.

It'll probably end up being what Land Warrior dreamed of being, and might actually work
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Needs a red LED round counter on the side of the receiver like a M41A1 pulse rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Will it let me know when I need to change my underwear?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder if I'm old enough to us the Murtaugh excuse for this and similar future tech.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I really like how streamlined this design is compared to Vortex which has a HUGE mass on top. In addition, the X4 system is more flexible since there are countless LPVOs that work with the system. It works with any 30mm or 34mm scope. The Vortex is 1-8 only which is probably fine. Regardless, No need for a fancy BDC reticle now.

Lots of good FAQs answered at the bottom of the MAZTECH INDUSTRIES site. One I found interesting is it works with two 18650s or four CR123s. It can also accommodate combinations of both types. (e.g. one 18650 and two CR123s). The UWB, Bluetooth®, and NFC™ systems can be completely disabled. Only weighs 208oz without batteries
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Will weigh as much as a ship’s anchor.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

lifestyle sensor fusion augmented reality brand
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top