Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2019 6:10:59 PM EDT
Right now, it's like that Twilight Zone episode with the empty town, but they will come.  Welcome geeky brothers and sisters!
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad I found this place early. Wife writes F&SF, since 1985. Looking forward to it's future.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll come back and visit from time to time, I've loved reading sci fi all my life
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Interdasting...
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The question is, will the Real Men (TM) come in and shit up threads with "you guys are nerds" talk.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The question is, will the Real Men (TM) come in and shit up threads with "you guys are nerds" talk.
View Quote
Hope not to an everyday extent. I get a little ribbing here and there, all in good fun, but if its constant with no purpose I hope it gets nipped pretty quickly.

I dont know if a rule about how spoilers are handled would be implemented (or even needs to be). A spoiler warning is alway good etiquette, but how old should something be? What if someone wants to come to the sub forum and give spoilers without warning or fake spoilers? I assume that would fall under site disruption maybe.

Or maybe I need to lighten up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Reported

J/K??
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting. Do we have forum rules here?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I would assume be civil and don't set fire to things would be a good start.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would guess follow the COC.
On the Site Suggestion forum, I asked if there would be a Sci Fi/Fantasy sub forum and GoatBoy responded with a yes and then set it up. So I assume this is his baby, and we could ask him for rules if things/actions start causing a problem.

I bet a simple "This ain't GD. Act like your at a Nerd Convention" would suffice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#12]
In

The new Red Rising book is out.

That’s my next read...
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why do you have to set the bar so high and overcomplicate things?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess I'm more interested about whether self-promotion is allowed, because I'm a hobbyist science fiction novelist.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess I'm more interested about whether self-promotion is allowed, because I'm a hobbyist science fiction novelist.
View Quote
Hmm, maybe they could start a writers/Story forum, and then have sub forums for each Genre.
Of course,  I suspect most of GD would flock to the Romance section and overload the site.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is easy to figure out.  Post a hotlink to your stuff on amazon and see if you get your peepee slapped.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#17]
just now seeing this forum, definitely welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top