Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2020 7:04:53 PM EDT
I purchased a cheap zondervan thinline NASB last year that i really like.  It’s nothing special feature wise.      I took it along for my trip to Holy Land in March and touched it to as many historical sites attributed to Christ as I could; my catholic upbringing is hard to kill I guess.  Now that it has sentimental and religious value TO ME, I decided I wanted to look into getting a new Bible to lug to church and whatnot.   That’s when I stumbled onto the thread about quality bibles.  It didn’t take long to realize that a Schuyler was probably the answer.

I prefer word for word translations, words of Jesus in red, real leather cover.  I was very tempted to preorder an NASB Quentel but I don’t like that my card gets charged immediately so I ended up buying a NKJV.  This Bible is exquisite.  I love the imprinted Jerusalem cross on the cover.  The font is very easy to read and the book stays open without fighting the spine.  And the references are added bonus.

My cheap NASB:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I also on a whim bought a Chronological NIV.

It’s interesting in that it places passages together .  For example, the stories that match in Kings and Chronicles are placed together.  I also really dig all the notes on archeology and history that are included.  Obviously the downside is that you can’t read books like the gospels all the way through as all 4 are combined together.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to get a NKJ.  I have listened to the NKJ on CD and liked it.  Your Bibles look nice.  I have cheap ones and not cheap ones and though the words are the same it is just good to have one that will stay open and I like the way the cover feels.  I actually still have in my truck, a camo NT that I got in the Army from a Chaplain in the mid 90s.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

@FennRx

Just ordered that bible yesterday. Wanted black but all that was in stock was dark blue and brown. Went with the imperial blue.

How long did shipping take?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@FennRx

Just ordered that bible yesterday. Wanted black but all that was in stock was dark blue and brown. Went with the imperial blue.

How long did shipping take?
View Quote

3 business days
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top