BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for that. I’m going to hold out for a pistol grip 1301 unless it’s a below MSRP price. This new shotgun is a strong contender especially if the price is right since I am a cheapskate that has a hard time dropping what I consider “rifle money” on a shotgun. I can’t bring myself to buy knives that cost as much as a used Glock either.
View Quote

I hear you about the rifle money. When I ordered mine I was pretty mad at myself for being weak. Then I shot it and all of that regret went away. Then I spent damn near another 700 buying parts and a rmr.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Really would like to have a 1301, but I want the longer barrel version.
View Quote

Who doesn't want a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone who has shot a 1301 tactical.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It eliminates them from use for a competition gun but most of these will never be used for that anyhow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would be nice if Magpul made a specific hand guard instead of the repurposed one that is being used by the aftermarket. That “bump” by the loading port is all kinds of stupid…..

It eliminates them from use for a competition gun but most of these will never be used for that anyhow.

True, but it also serves no useful purpose on a Tactical.  Without viable alternatives (the Briley hand guard looks neat, but it's big money, and some say quite heavy), I get why Aridus uses the Magpul that is available.  But all things being equal, "no bump" would be better all around.

Given some of the "why did Magpul make THAT?" products, making a 1301 hand guard seems like an easy choice for them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a joke son, get it  "longer barrel".  
I have a 1301 tactical and I love it,  but I would still like to have a longer barrel.   Pecker/ Dick.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll pass on this gun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Great.  Now I want a 1301 Tactical w/pistol grip.

Any info on the cyclic rate of this new shotgun vs. the 1301?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great.  Now I want a 1301 Tactical w/pistol grip.

View Quote

I haven’t seen any yet. We should know by this time next Tuesday if not before once SHOT show gets underway.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#10]
It'll be an awesome shotgun. I know because every time I find myself in a position where I can't afford something on my gun wishlist, it magically appears and it's glorious lol.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’d buy one and I already have a 1301, a couple Benellis and a couple AK shotguns.
View Quote

Will you adopt me, please?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Beretta makes this so confusing with all their different 1301 models
View Quote

Try the Sig 320 configurator sometime. Your head will pop off (just like Sig handguns unexpectedly do).
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Price?
View Quote

This.... between this and the rumored HK compact, GD is gonna cost me money again...
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.... between this and the rumored HK compact, GD is gonna cost me money again...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Price?

Since people don’t read even the thread I’ll just make something up. $900
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

So the fastest I can shoot a 1301 and get hits is with .19 splits.

The fastest I could shoot this gun and get his was with... .19 splits.

The fastest I've seen a 1301 cycle is .13, and that was in the hands of a Beretta employee who shot Lord knows how many rounds through them and was basically bouncing the trigger.

Suffice it to say that unless you are running a 1301 back to back with this gun you won't really be able to notice much of a difference in recoil or how fast it cycles.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks for that. I’m going to hold out for a pistol grip 1301 unless it’s a below MSRP price. This new shotgun is a strong contender especially if the price is right since I am a cheapskate that has a hard time dropping what I consider “rifle money” on a shotgun. I can’t bring myself to buy knives that cost as much as a used Glock either.
View Quote

Worse comes to worst, I have a 1301 PG stock in my closet collecting dust.  We can work something out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Try the Sig 320 configurator sometime. Your head will pop off (just like Sig handguns unexpectedly do).
View Quote

I called Beretta support to ask how to identify the different 1301 gens and they had no idea since the catalog doesn't call them that.  Their product management is weird.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it confirmed that it is semi auto at a cheaper price or could it be a pump action and that’s why it is so much cheaper?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Beretta makes this so confusing with all their different 1301 models
View Quote

Have you seen Glock's naming convention?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is it confirmed that it is semi auto at a cheaper price or could it be a pump action and that’s why it is so much cheaper?
View Quote

I've shot it.

It's a semi-auto.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I called Beretta support to ask how to identify the different 1301 gens and they had no idea since the catalog doesn't call them that.  Their product management is weird.
View Quote

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?51302-Beretta-1301-Modification-amp-Reference

There are really only 2 generations of guns because there are only 2 receivers. The 2nd gen receiver is a little longer and has the serial number moved to a different spot.

2nd generation guns can be had in all manner of configurations. LE configs with no screw-in chokes, and commercial configs with Beretta's screw in choke system on the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]
So Beretta is jealous over all of the money Langdon Tactical was making doing this exact mod on the 1301 and want in on it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I am in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I own one shotgun and they're all Beretta.

My 1301:
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So Beretta is jealous over all of the money Langdon Tactical was making doing this exact mod on the 1301 and want in on it?
View Quote

The dressed up 1301 in the original post is just that.  No one has released a money shot of the new one yet.  Appears to have the same mag extension/clamp as a 1301 though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.

LTT's model was buying 1301's from Beretta and then the parts from Aridus and then assembling them and selling them with markup.

Then they ripped off Aridus' products with GG&G.

The picture in the OP is a 1301 wearing Aridus and Magpul accessories. Because the Aridus parts are better looking and handle much better, frankly. The GG&G side saddle is a fucking abortion next to the Aridus QDC.

The new shotgun isn't out there in pictures yet. The 1301 pictured in the OP ain't the new gun.

I've shot the new gun. It's nice.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

LOL.

LTT's model was buying 1301's from Beretta and then the parts from Aridus and then assembling them and selling them with markup.

The picture in the OP is a 1301 wearing Aridus and Magpul accessories. Because the Aridus parts are better looking and handle much better, frankly. The GG&G side saddle is a fucking abortion next to the Aridus QDC.

The new shotgun isn't out there in pictures yet. The 1301 pictured in the OP ain't the new gun.

View Quote

I am interested in your experience/ opinion.  Is the new Shotgun going to be a good alternative to 1301?  Usability/ durability? Is it shorter LOP?

I won't be putting 1000 shells each month, more like 100/ year, had interest in 1301 but this new one might be just the ticket, if it's "just as good".
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The fastest I've seen a 1301 cycle is .13, and that was in the hands of a Beretta employee who shot Lord knows how many rounds through them and was basically bouncing the trigger.

Suffice it to say that unless you are running a 1301 back to back with this gun you won't really be able to notice much of a difference in recoil or how fast it cycles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay...

Dumb question, but if the performance is the same, but the new gun is cheaper, why would the 1301 have continued interest? Is there a quality difference or something?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just read the whole linked thread.

I'm really interested to find out the exact details on this shotgun, but it sounds like Beretta is going to cost me money this year.  Again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just read the whole linked thread.

The really fun thing will be this is one of 3 or 4 neat product launches we have planned around SHOT.

I'm really interested to find out the exact details on this shotgun, but it sounds like Beretta is going to cost me money this year.  Again.
Re releasing the ARX? Please baby Jesus please. With a better handguard.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Making it in Turkey is one way to save money!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Word in the grapevine is it'll be ATI roll marked
Making it in Turkey is one way to save money!

Ever been to a Turkish prison?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It will not be made in Turkey.

Beretta has two plant locations. Italy and Tennessee.

This one will be coming from the US plant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the Accokeek Maryland Plant not producing guns anymore?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Okay...

Dumb question, but if the performance is the same, but the new gun is cheaper, why would the 1301 have continued interest? Is there a quality difference or something?
View Quote

There are people who think West German Sigs are the best and the American guns suck. They even pay a premium for them.

West German Sigs are commie style cheap as abso-fucking-lutely possible welded together stampings with the biggest dumbshit fucktarded engineering fail called a two piece breech. They shit the bed in as little as 3,000 rounds in some instances and are not repairable as the guns beat themselves to death and break the frame rails off.

And those people will stare you dead in the eye and tell you a forged and machined one piece slide is inferior.

People are weird like that. That said, $1000 for the design sold as lesser or $1200 for the 1301? That’s a pretty big fail. I’d say it needs to be in the $500-$700 range to be popular. Any more and it really won’t make sense to not get the Beretta, assuming this is intended as a cheaper option.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I want a 1301 but can’t see the value
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After owning the 1301t I’d rather have the comp. For the larger receiver, But with an 18” barrel option available
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  This new one is sounding better and better especially at the lower price point.  Looking forward to pics in this thread next week!
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I already have a 1301T. Now I just want a slim Mlok handguard for it that isn’t plastic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL.

View Quote

That's surprising, GG&G usually makes excellent stuff.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That plant closed approx 8 years ago after MD passed more BS anti gun laws. Get with the times gramps!

Unfortunately Beretta kept its US HQ, Admin staff and I believe clothing and soft goods e-commerce warehouse in Accokeek. I haven’t bought an over priced Beretta tshirt in a while. Can anyone confirm they are still shipped from MD?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That plant closed approx 8 years ago after MD passed more BS anti gun laws. Get with the times gramps!

Unfortunately Beretta kept its US HQ, Admin staff and I believe clothing and soft goods e-commerce warehouse in Accokeek. I haven’t bought an over priced Beretta tshirt in a while. Can anyone confirm they are still shipped from MD?
View Quote

Wasn't there a fire there also?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh, I missed that one, Thanks Junior....
You kids and this new fangled internet....
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to look it up. There was a fire in 2015 that did $250k worth of damage. It’s worth noting that the announcement to leave Maryland over draconian Gun laws was made in 2014 before the fire.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I’d buy one and I already have a 1301, a couple Benellis and a couple AK shotguns.
View Quote

I have a weird attraction to the AK shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am interested in your experience/ opinion.  Is the new Shotgun going to be a good alternative to 1301?  Usability/ durability? Is it shorter LOP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The new shotgun will be a good alternative to the 1301. It's operating system is not quite as good as a 1301's, but it's still a sufficiently great gun that nobody will notice a difference. I ran it with everything from low recoil FFC to magnum shells and it gave none of the fucks. The gas system on the 1301 is a more refined design, but this one uses a very durable and proven design from Beretta's catalog that has killed untold millions of birds in all kinds of conditions over the decades.

Manufacturers tend to have their controls standardized within their lineup. So anyone who is familiar with a Beretta semi-auto will be able to pick one of these up and use it with no problem. I've run 1301's for years now and when I picked this gun up all the controls were the same and in the same place.

LOP is my one gripe with the gun. It's going to come set up like the 1301 from the factory with a 13" LOP. Which is nice...but I don't think it's able to be adapted to the Magpul SGA. I don't know that for certain because I didn't take the stock off, but that'd be my guess. That would be my only real gripe.

I won't be putting 1000 shells each month, more like 100/ year, had interest in 1301 but this new one might be just the ticket, if it's "just as good".

It's a very good shotgun, at least based on my time running the prototypes. I'll be buying one to run as a loaner in classes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Okay...

View Quote

So I don't have all the details, but from my perspective the desirability of the 1301 remains because as both guns come from the factory the 1301 is more easily adaptable to smaller people. The 1301 can be Aridus'd and that reduces LOP and makes the gun much better for smaller people, especially ladies. I keep yelling into the void that we need 11" and even shorter stocks on the market so that women and people who wear body armor can actually use a fucking shotgun properly.

As yet nobody gives a fuck what I think.

I also teach running the gun differently than most. I teach getting the gun on your chest, not on your shoulder if you can. Because your pec is a lot better at dealing with 12 gauge recoil than your shoulder joint. Alas, most shotguns come with stocks too long for that.

Beretta has a better factory setup than most because they use a 13" instead of 14" or Benelli's incredibly stupid 14.5" The Aridus SGA adapter takes it down to 12.5" which doesn't sound like much but is the difference between smaller people being able to run the gun well and not being able to run it at all.

The other thing the 1301 has going for it is the Blink operating system which is probably the most reliable system extent with the widest range of ammunition possible. I mean, my last private client accidentally bought Winchester AA Low Recoil/Low Noise 7/8 ounce loads to run in his brand new 1301 and the gun cycled that stuff for all but three shots. On those three it stovepiped which was easily cleared. You try that with a Benelli and you now have a really inefficient pump gun.

The only ammo I've seen the 1301 not be able to run is beanbag less lethals.

This new shotgun probably won't have the operational margin to still cycle almost all the time with those loads intended for over and unders used on civilized clay ranges. But it does work with Federal Flight Control without problem and it still allows you to use 3" magnum shells without beating the gun or you to death. And that's plenty good for most needs.

The 1301 is still what it is: The most reliable semi-automatic defensive shotgun on the market. It will run like a raped ape with practically anything you stuff into it with little lubrication. It will function reliably through thousands of shells without cleaning. It's the gold standard for a defensive shotgun...and that's why I own two of them.

This new gun will not have the same operating system, but still cycles reliably with a wide range of ammunition you would actually want to use, still runs through thousands of shells without needing cleaning, etc. It's somewhere between 85 and 95% of the 1301 at a lower cost.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I will speculate on the lower price is likely to be around $900. The key difference is that this new, cheaper tactical semiauto shotgun from Beretta will be made in the USA from Italian made parts. 1301 Shotguns are imported as complete guns from Italy with a 11% excise tax right off the bat
. If Beretta is as savy as I know they are they will import minimally unfinished parts (within the letter of the law) from Italy and finish them in the US. I will speculate further that non-union labor in Gallatin, TN is cheaper than unionized labor in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy. When you add in the high energy prices that John_Wayne777 mentioned it starts to make more sense. The US is the undisputed leader in fire sales to the civilian firearms market.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have a facility there but it's just offices, now...and I'm not sure how many are still there. Production has shifted entirely to Gallatin, TN.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just got mine right before Christmas for 1449.00.
View Quote

...the above is more in line with where I'm expecting the price point on the 1301 to settle, unfortunately.

The price difference between the two guns will be significant.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because Drums
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I want a 1301 but can’t see the value
View Quote

Have you shot one?  I can't think of a more dominant CQB weapon platform. it is not as versatile as an M4 or Mk18 type AR, but at inside distances, it is hard to beat.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top