Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/20/2023 12:01:10 PM EDT
Just dropped. Can't wait for this one.

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They're still making Armored Core games? Damn, I remember playing the OG on the Playstation and being super excited when ACII came out for the PS2.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're still making Armored Core games? Damn, I remember playing the OG on the Playstation and being super excited when ACII came out for the PS2.
View Quote

This is the first one in a decade.

I'm pretty hyped for it. Some entries in the series weren't great, but when it was good, it was awesome. This looks like it will be awesome.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the official gameplay video I've seen convert hundreds of skeptics on Instagram

Looks freaking badass.

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON – Gameplay Preview
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here's the official gameplay video I've seen convert hundreds of skeptics on Instagram

Looks freaking badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDjyestr4Y
View Quote

Hell yeah. Can't wait! I'm hoping it's not a shitty PC port, as I'd prefer to play on PC, but I'll get it for PS5 if I have to.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I may have to check this one out
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Gameplay looks fun, but kinda easy unless there's a lot of skill to dodging
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Armored Core 6 YouTube gameplay beats Starfield and Cyberpunk in views

"Armored Core 6 gameplay preview – 3.3 million views (Wednesday, July 26)
Baldur’s Gate 3 release teaser – 610,000 views (Friday, July 7)
Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay walkthrough – 3.1 million views (Monday, June 12)
Avatar Frontiers of Pandora game overview – 2.3 million views (Monday, June 12)
Starfield Direct – 2.8 million views (Sunday, June 11)
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty official trailer – 2.5 million views (Sunday, June 11)

The main takeaway here, for me, is that Armored Core has topped some of the biggest upcoming releases in terms of individual video views in just five days, while the others have been out a while, which is an impressive feat whatever way you look at it.

As of right now the Star Wars Outlaws extended gameplay from Ubisoft also has 3.3 million views, like AC6, but has been out for an extra few weeks."
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
A Steam key is currently 13% off on Green Man Gaming.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 4:33:48 AM EDT
[#11]
i got an email from bamco/from to preorder this weekend. not sure what preorder bonuses are.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Installing now

Hopefully it runs ok on my laptop (edit: it runs great). After doing a little research it seems like keyboard+mouse is the way to go as well.

I skipped a few AC games but I couldn't resist picking this one up. I only played 2 and 4.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Reviews are coming out now. Metacritic has it at 87 on PS5 and PC. It's lower on XBox, but there are only a few XBox reviews.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hopefully it runs ok on my laptop. After doing a little research it seems like keyboard+mouse is the way to go as well.
View Quote

I just completed the intro mission. M&K is really good, but controller is fine, too.

You automatically lock on to enemies, so it's not like a typical FPS where a mouse gives a huge advantage. Also, the melee attack seems to lock on and be much more forgiving than I remember, negating an advantage of the controller.

I suggest remapping the shoulder weapons to other mouse buttons (they're Q & E by default) to make it easier to strafe and use the weapons at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I'm gonna have to adjust the controls; the first boss is kicking my ass lol.

Im having a hard time hitting all the movement keys plus the boost, quick boost, jump, and shoulder weapon keys simultaneously.

Edit: I took the recommendation above and put the shoulder weapon keys on extra mouse buttons. Definitely helped!
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm gonna have to adjust the controls; the first boss is kicking my ass lol.

Im having a hard time hitting all the movement keys plus the boost, quick boost, jump, and shoulder weapon keys simultaneously.

Edit: I took the recommendation above and put the shoulder weapon keys on extra mouse buttons. Definitely helped!
View Quote

I got completely smoked by the first boss a couple times. Getting the hang of the boost/quick boost buttons helps a lot. I'm still working on it
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I got completely smoked by the first boss a couple times. Getting the hang of the boost/quick boost buttons helps a lot. I'm still working on it
View Quote
I got wrecked like 10 times. I then came here and changed out the shoulder weapon controls. Got wrecked a couple more times, then all of a sudden it clicked on my final try.

I guess I was using my boost too much and was running out of boost, causing me to stall and get hit by everything. On my final try I reserved the boost a bit and killed the boss without even using a single repair kit
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm a few missions in now. Nothing has come close to the difficulty level of that first "tutorial" mission's boss It's like a weird gatekeeping mechanic.

Seems like there's a lot of complaining about it on the Steam forums and Reddit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm a few missions in now. Nothing has come close to the difficulty level of that first "tutorial" mission's boss It's like a weird gatekeeping mechanic.

Seems like there's a lot of complaining about it on the Steam forums and Reddit.
View Quote

Yeah. I'm through 5 missions and none were close to the 1st in difficulty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#21]
The first mission is a gut check.

Edit: Be aggressive and use melee when you can.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I completed the first 10 missions, and there were a couple that were fairly challenging. Not quite on the level of the first mission, though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Finished Chapter 1.

Final boss was a breeze

ETA: I don't want to keep making new posts...

Best Chapter 1 money farm is the "Attack the Dam Complex" mission. Ignore most enemies and just hit the objective targets. I was blazing through with a medium AC getting ~150k in under 5 minutes. I put together a light AC, focusing on speed, and did this in under 3 minutes:

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#24]
The 2nd Chapter 2 mission is a pain to find all the hidden stuff. After spending an hour wandering around the mission, I finally looked up a guide:

Armored Core 6 - Infiltrate Grid 086 - All Combat Log Locations
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#25]
picked it up yesterday but want to finish d4 first. only 1 more trophy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Asmongold rage quit from a boss lol.

Asmon rage quits Armored Core 6

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Asmongold rage quit from a boss lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtRUYDJt7-g
View Quote

That was a tough fight, but honestly, the boss in the first mission was way tougher and more frustrating.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Yooo is that ARFCOM decal downloadable?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

F2V9Y74EBLCL
D2PEYLPM88QL
8VDC72E4LV9A
H499RPC9TBHQ

Two white, two black.  One with text one without
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

F2V9Y74EBLCL
D2PEYLPM88QL
8VDC72E4LV9A
H499RPC9TBHQ

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

F2V9Y74EBLCL
D2PEYLPM88QL
8VDC72E4LV9A
H499RPC9TBHQ

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bruh, that Evangelion emblem is fire.

Also, I heard this game is difficult
View Quote

Let's just say the third boss (or so) took me a very, very long time to get through.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Finished Chapter 1.

Final boss was a breeze

https://i.postimg.cc/YSdNKRTX/remaining-health.jpg

View Quote
Yeah man, super easy and only took me over 10 tries while mixing up my loadout a few times. I think I beat him finally with pure luck I ended up having the best luck by using plasma missiles to bring down his shields faster, and a machine gun to stagger quicker, then I would mop up with the sword.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: Sea Spider kicked my ass too lol. I had to backout of the mission entirely to buy different parts. Ultimately ended up with two sets of handheld rocket launchers, and 2 songbirds. Somehow beat him with only 4 rockets left and barely any health lol!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I might be done with the game.  Can't beat final boss regardless of build I use.  I've tried "EZ" builds people have made.  Nada.

I keep getting RNG fucked.  Good attempts, legit attempts, I get him down to almost dead, 1 hit and dead.  Most attempts he just spams that stupid fucking AOE Blade shit all over my screen that I can't dodge.  Instantly, right from the rip. By time I hit him twice I've already used 2 of my 3 repair kits.

This is some stupid shit.  If it would chill TF out with that spam fest, I could win.  I mean literally, one after the other of those blade AOE shit he shoots out, one after the fucking other, or it's those combined into an X.  I can't dodge it, not in a very light mech, not in a heavy one.  Just have to soak it.  I use my shield and that does barely anything to help.

Being hard is perfectly fine, being impossible is another. I thoroughly enjoyed Elden Ring's difficulty.  I hit walls pretty often and had to level up and figure shit out.  There's only so much you can alter on your mech to figure this out.  The gameplay in AC6 isn't as fun as ER to me, and therefore makes me not want to even play the shit anymore.

ETA:

Malenia was a super difficult boss.  I got it done.  This fight seems 300x worse.  And it's honestly just the shitty RNG bullshit.  If the boss wouldn't spam that AOE shit, it wouldn't be so bad, hard, yes, but not impossible.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#36]
^^ I haven't got that far yet so I can't comment on its difficulty, but I will say that I haven't used any "meta" builds for any of the bosses so far. I just play around with the weapons and my mech stays the same because it's what I'm comfortable with.

For Balteus, I didn't use a tank build that everyone was recommending. For Sea Spider and Smart Cleaner, I didn't use a hover build either. I've been sticking with my bipedal setup the whole time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
^^ I haven't got that far yet so I can't comment on its difficulty, but I will say that I haven't used any "meta" builds for any of the bosses so far. I just play around with the weapons and my mech stays the same because it's what I'm comfortable with.

For Balteus, I didn't use a tank build that everyone was recommending. For Sea Spider and Smart Cleaner, I didn't use a hover build either. I've been sticking with my bipedal setup the whole time.
View Quote

I haven't even looked at recommended builds. Actually, other than the threads here, and looking up a couple log locations, I've avoided outside info on AC6 completely.

I've been 95% bipedal, too. I messed around with the quad-legs a bit in arena (floating up high while raining death and destruction on my foe!), but I like to stay maneuverable.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah I'm done. Fuck balteus
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Some emblem codes from Reddit. I believe these are all PC.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I put the cowabunga decal on the back of my AC. Now whenever I load a mission I see the logo and can't help but laugh

Also I officially spent way too long on the Ch2 ending boss. Everyone said the fight was easy and gimmicky but for some odd reason it gave me trouble. It was pretty epic though.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Is this game worth picking up?  I liked the original ones when they first came out.  Not sure if I want to fork over the money or wait for it to go on sale.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is this game worth picking up?  I liked the original ones when they first came out.  Not sure if I want to fork over the money or wait for it to go on sale.
View Quote

If you liked the original ones, you'll most likely like this one. It's very good. Objectively, I would rate it 85-90, though I haven't finished it, so the score could change.

There are mutually exclusive missions and multiple ending requiring at least three playthroughs to see everything. I don't know if there will be enough incentive to play through that many times, though. With Starfield a day away, I won't find out for quite a while.

I think I remember more customization options (weapons, parts, etc.) in the past, but it's been so long since I played an AC game, I could be mistaken.

No shame in waiting for sale. I buy 95% of my games that way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Just finished the game. Definitely a 90/100. Very good game. I got the "bad" end, and I'd love to play through and get the other endings, but it'll have to wait until after Starfield.

The last boss was definitely the "hardest" boss, but I have some really strong builds and strategies for 1v1 missions, and one of them worked really well. I died less than 10 times, counting a couple of "scouting" runs. I thought the first boss was far more frustrating.

I really hope this game is successful enough that we don't have to wait ten years for another one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Also finished the campaign and am doing NM+ trying to unlock everything.

I agree the last boss was definitely the hardest. I got stomped using all my favorite loadouts but finally pulled through. Seemed like the second phase was pure luck with dodging randomly hoping you went the right direction to avoid some damage.

Anyway, overall story was meh. There should have been more missions involving unique mechanics and cinematics, because the few of those that we got were awesome. Armors and weapons need some balancing; many are useless and a bunch overlap. Some are way overpowered.

Gameplay is what made this game. Feels great. I can't remember the last time I felt this challenged from a video game.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also finished the campaign and am doing NM+ trying to unlock everything.

I agree the last boss was definitely the hardest. I got stomped using all my favorite loadouts but finally pulled through. Seemed like the second phase was pure luck with dodging randomly hoping you went the right direction to avoid some damage.

Anyway, overall story was meh. There should have been more missions involving unique mechanics and cinematics, because the few of those that we got were awesome. Armors and weapons need some balancing; many are useless and a bunch overlap. Some are way overpowered.

Gameplay is what made this game. Feels great. I can't remember the last time I felt this challenged from a video game.
View Quote

I took today off for Starfield, forgetting it didn't unlock until 8pm, so I powered through the first 3 chapters of NG+.

Agree the story is sort of meh, but I wasn't expecting anything there anyway. Also agree regarding unique missions and (lack of) weapon balancing.

I had a ton of fun making all new ACs for NG+ and have some fun ideas for NG++. I really want to keep playing, but I started Starfield, so it'll be a while before I return to AC6.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Anybody playing a Ronald Mechdonald Tank build?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#47]
NM+ play-through completed, and got the different ending this time. Story is still meh, but I have a much better appreciation for the characters now. Still a lot of unanswered questions.

Working on the 3rd ending now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Elden Ring - Just for demonstration
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#49]
First patch is out. They tweaked a few of the bosses; they're easier now and more predictable. Apparently it's not a "nerf", they were technically broken and now fixed.

They also buffed a bunch of the rifles and machine pistols; increased damage, increased ammo, faster bullets.

Plus a bunch of bug fixes. PATCH NOTES
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#50]
First try on Balt with the new patch, I went in with just 2 ludlows and 2 vertical missile launchers. Easy lol.

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top