Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2022 9:13:47 PM EDT
I’m at Arrowhead for the Kenny Chesney concert.
Humble brag, 12th row center (D) in case anyone else is here…

So, started with Carly Pearce. She was good! Real country vibe, hope she continues to do well.
Then Old Dominion. Bro country, but they put on a solid show. Covered Learn to Fly by Foofighters, enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

Now is Dan+Shay…
Sigh…

It’s like Rascal Flatts and Maroon 5 had a love child. And he grew up to be a choreographer… not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Short take: They suck.
Not sure which is supposed to be the ‘man??’ Why Kenny?? Why?

It’s like Americas got talent runner-ups got to open a show for one of the best concert performers touring…

Just sitting here, venting. Troubled that so many people seem to like this. I think I heard one of the songs in a Muppet Movie?

Sure hope Kenny makes up for this…
Hell, last time we saw him he had David Lee Murphy open. THAT was a show.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
“Country Music”

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol. I get ya’.

But I’d rather be on a boat or beach than a combine..,
Yeah, I live in KS, but in a city of 500K.

I like Kenny, like most of the stuff he plays in NSR too.
Like Jimmy Buffet and reggae as well. And Johnny Cash, Waylon, HW/HWJ, etc…

Plus, the wife unit really likes Kenny, and I like her to be happy. So win/win.

At least there’s a LOT of young talent here… not that I noticed...
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
3… weird
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol, we went to Darius Rucker a few years back and Dan & Shay opened. Barf

Also went to one where Lauren Alaina, Luke Combs, and Hootie & Blowfish played headlined by Jason Aldean. We got drinks during Lauren Alaina and left during Jason Aldean.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The ol lady and her friends did a girls trip to the Kenny Chesney old dominion show in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago.

They really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Pre ‘vid we saw Zac Brown in concert and they were outstanding. Seriously wouldn’t hesitate to see them again.

Saw Need to Breathe at a smaller venue earlier this year. They are incredibly talented. Covered The Beatles, The Eagles, and did the encore acapella, no instruments or mics at all. Just them standing at the stage edge singing. Awesome and moving.
If you know who they are, see them live. It’s a whole different experience.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
if you're at a Kenny concert their should be plenty of drunk hotties to recharge your man card for you
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m at Arrowhead for the Kenny Chesney
View Quote

Is that a new Chiefs player?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
So what you're saying is Dan and Shay are Rascal Fags love child?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Screw that show Kenny isn’t really that great anyway.
I have tickets for Arron Lewis and that will be a fucking show.  

Saw him a few years ago and I can say much respect for saying the pledge of allegiance at the show.  I also have some Five Finger Death Punch and Megadeath.    My man card is just fine
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the guys that works for me is there too.  His name is Eric.  Say hello if you run into him.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’m at Arrowhead for the Kenny Chesney concert.
Humble brag, 12th row center (D) in case anyone else is here…

So, started with Carly Pearce. She was good! Real country vibe, hope she continues to do well.
Then Old Dominion. Bro country, but they put on a solid show. Covered Learn to Fly by Foofighters, enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

Now is Dan+Shay…
Sigh…

It’s like Rascal Flatts and Maroon 5 had a love child. And he grew up to be a choreographer… not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Short take: They suck.
Not sure which is supposed to be the ‘man??’ Why Kenny?? Why?

It’s like Americas got talent runner-ups got to open a show for one of the best concert performers touring…

Just sitting here, venting. Troubled that so many people seem to like this. I think I heard one of the songs in a Muppet Movie?

Sure hope Kenny makes up for this…
Hell, last time we saw him he had David Lee Murphy open. THAT was a show.
View Quote

The folks who set up the concert series know that the majority of tickets are sold to women, and Dan + Shay are very popular with women.
If you're a man, there's no need to "recharge your man card", that's patently ridiculous.  You're still a man after a concert you find less than entertaining.

Men don't ask other men to find them manly, or worry that other men find them manly.     You're either manly, or you're not.

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The folks who set up the concert series know that the majority of tickets are sold to women, and Dan + Shay are very popular with women.
If you're a man, there's no need to "recharge your man card", that's patently ridiculous.  You're still a man after a concert you find less than entertaining.

Men don't ask other men to find them manly, or worry that other men find them manly.     You're either manly, or you're not.

View Quote

Lighten up Francis… it was a joke.
Kenny was amazing. More than made up for the intro groups, though 2/3 were pretty good.

Like him or not, Kenny Chesney puts on an amazing show. Super high energy, and he never shorts the crowd.
This Tour you can definitely tell that it’s geared to big, arena style concerts. LOUD!! My hearing will be shot for a week…
He had five guitars, and very rock centric arrangements for a lot of songs. The older lead guitar player from Cleveland was definitely channeling some AC/DC. Which was great.
He played for hours, and has so many hits now you know every song (if you listen to him at all).

He seemed genuinely impressed at the audience volume and participation, made comments and changes to songs a couple of times to highlight it.
It’s not the loudest stadium in the NFL for nothing…

Last time I saw him in Wichita, which is a much smaller arena, so it had a different feel. He still brought it, but the sheer size of Arrowhead and the crowd… it’s a very different atmosphere.

If you’re a fan, this is a great set list to see in the larger arena venue. Hella fun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:16:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the guys that works for me is there too.  His name is Eric.  Say hello if you run into him.
View Quote

Don’t think we met him. There were only 50? thousand folks or so, so maybe..? I’d bet he had a good time though.

We did have quite a time with some guy named Nathan.
He asked us to babysit him to the bathroom, lol. Which was actually a trek because there aren’t any on the ground level, you have to climb up into the stands. Hi Nathan, if you’re an Arfcomer.

Fun guy though, whole group around us was all pretty chill and no drama, really.
It sounds bad, but one of the things I like about the more expensive seats is that price is a filter.

Overall Kenny seems to bring a pretty laid back crowd, regardless of seat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top