Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2022 12:20:19 AM EDT
New to this forum and appreciate any help on this.

Oldest daughter and SIL opened a bar-b-Que place up and it’s doing quite well. They are approaching their 1st year anniversary. I’d like to get them something special to celebrate it. He’s lusting for some Pappy and I’ve been looking online for some. I know it’s crazy high on secondary market. Problem is I don’t know which places are legit and what price I should be looking at. Looks like there is a $1000 per bottle range online.

I don’t drink much at all nowadays, teenage alcoholic, so I’m way out of the loop here.

Any help in this would help. I’m thinking a 15 or 20 year if that helps.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
New to this forum? What?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been a while for me but Silver Oak never failed me. Bought a case per year for a while.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New to this forum? What?
View Quote

Sorry I guess I meant new to this part of the forum.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New to this forum? What?

My apologies. I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm... I'm kind of retarded.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Ummm Jim Beam was good enough for my best friends dad get a bottle of that. Anyone who drinks a more expensive whisky should buy their own, or join AA.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm out of the loop on Pappy prices, but Sip Whiskey.com has very good customer service. If you have a question
they respond promptly, and their prices are no more outrageous than anyone else. Sometimes you can also get a
pretty decent price on some of the more desired bottles. I've used them before and will use them again.

The real thing you need to do is just look around. Prices can vary wildly and we need to let the stupid high price
places starve. (Weller Special Reserve is about $80 to $90 most places, while one had it listed at $599.99. That place needs to go)
Then decide for yourself what you want and what you will pay. Then buy accordingly and enjoy.

(Also check out YouTube. There are many "If you can't find xxx, they try this)
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are National secondary pricing on 2020 and 2021 bottles:

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 - $800-$900

Old Rip Van Winkle 12 "Lot B" - $1,000-$1,200

Pappy Van Winkle's 15 - $2,500-$2,800

Pappy Van Winkle's 20 - $3,500-$3,800

Pappy Van Winkle's 23 - $4,500-$4,800
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Last one on a secondary page I am on went for 2700 for a 15 year, just FYI

IMO it is NOT worth it to buy a bottle. Plenty of bars where you can drink to your hearts content for 50-100 a pour for 15 year Pappy
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IMO it is NOT worth it to buy a bottle.
View Quote

+1. The juice is not worth the exorbitant squeeze.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used this auction house many times without any issues.  If anything, you can search the sales history of what the bottles went for.

Auction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top