Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2021 5:55:32 PM EDT

Really would love an all in one. Replacing a HP all in one that was fantastic while it lasted but she’s slowed way down and can’t upgrade to win10.

HPs current all in ones have legs that don’t fold up. Kind of defeats the purpose of the idea if you ask me.

Found this on cdw but I hate dell but am willing to listen if anybody has good things to say.

Dell

Anybody know cdw return policy? Can’t find it in their site.

A tower and monitor is ok if that gets more bang for the buck.

Don’t need tons of storage.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
All in one = Garbage in one.  Avoid like the plague.  There's nothing good about them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Newegg is your friend here. Get a good tower with a newer CPU (8th or 9th gen I5 or I7) an SSD and at least 8gb ram. They sell certified refurbs with warranties. You should be able to get a tower and decent screen for 1k.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a fan of all-in-ones.  Either go with a laptop or a tower, IMO.  Towers are easy to work on and upgrade.

I would go with a laptop unless you're gaming, setting up a server, or have a valid reason for a desktop.  You can buy a docking station for the laptop or simply hook up a keyboard and mouse through USB and a monitor through HDMI/whatever.  It also gives you dual screens.  Portability can be very handy, but it can also sit on your desk for years and not move.

Also, Dell's tend to be expensive.  They're good PCs, but you can usually get more "bang for your buck" out of an ASUS or something else.

JMO.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All in one = Garbage in one.  Avoid like the plague.  There's nothing good about them.
View Quote

Tale of woe from my cousin.
He got a 'good deal' on an HP All-in-One at WalMart. Decent system. But could not find a way to upgrade either the memory or change out the painfully slow 5400 rpm platter drive for an SSD.
He's got what he's got.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top