Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 9:47:48 AM EDT
I'm going to embark on a couple of projects that will have me spending a lot of time at the router table. With the bit changes and tweaking the height adjustments, I think it's time I look into a good router lift.

There are quite a few out there so I'd like some input from those who have used them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I think my dad bought the Kreg brand one. I'm not sure that he has used it yet. I need one as well so I will follow this as well. The Kreg one is pretty pricey.

My dad also bought a bosch router but it has handles and the switches in the handle so it wont work with it. So make sure you buy the appropriate router motor. Also make sure you can adjust the height from above.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Jessem lift and I can't say enough good things about it. Very accurate and easy to adjust.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Jessem lift and I can't say enough good things about it. Very accurate and easy to adjust.
View Quote

Which JessEm do you have: The Rout-R-Lift or the Mast-R-Lift?

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an Incra Master Lift II. It is very nice. Above the table height adjustment is very easy and small incremental adjustment is nice. This lift will also facilitate a wide range of router motors. I haven't used any other brands, but I highly recommend this one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Incra version of the Woodpecker lift.
Essentially the Woodpecker with magnetic inserts.
It's fantastic, and unfortunately, discontinued.

The Woodpecker lift is great.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Jessem and so far no complaints.  Got the variable speed 3.5 HP motor they sell too.  Pretty quiet for a big router.

Before I had a Woodhaven and a PC 3.5 plunge router.  There weren’t that many options back then.  I don’t even know if woodhaven is still around.

No comparison between the two

I have a Jointech fence.  It’s a good fence, but they’re out of business.  Once I get my 3D printer set up, the first thing I will design (not necessarily print) will be the zero clearance inserts for the fence.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the Jessem and so far no complaints.  Got the variable speed 3.5 HP motor they sell too.  Pretty quiet for a big router.

Before I had a Woodhaven and a PC 3.5 plunge router.  There weren’t that many options back then.  I don’t even know if woodhaven is still around.

No comparison between the two

I have a Jointech fence.  It’s a good fence, but they’re out of business.  Once I get my 3D printer set up, the first thing I will design (not necessarily print) will be the zero clearance inserts for the fence.
View Quote

The big PC has been the commercial shops go to router for many years.

Use the largest shaft bits you can for each cut.
They really help with harmonics as that thing spins at
tens of thousands of RPM with a load mostly on one side.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right now I have a Bosch 2.25hp that I use in my current table. But when I get the lift, I’m probably going to buy a dedicated machine.

Not sure yet since my router table is actually an extension that I hang in the end of my workbench via French cleat. Because of limited space in the garage, the router table stands up on end with the legs folded when not in use. I’m afraid the sheer weight of the router in the base (while the table is stowed vertically) will damage the lift.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Jessem master lift here with a Porter Cable 7518 also a jesses phenolic top and their fence
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#10]
If money is a concern you can get a triton router. Has a built in left. Above table adjustment with included asks. Above table bit change with auto locking.

Down sides are bit adjustment has some slip which changing directions, height lock is under table. And power switch on router has to be turned off to raise bit all the way to lock it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Right now I have a Bosch 2.25hp that I use in my current table. But when I get the lift, I’m probably going to buy a dedicated machine.

Not sure yet since my router table is actually an extension that I hang in the end of my workbench via French cleat. Because of limited space in the garage, the router table stands up on end with the legs folded when not in use. I’m afraid the sheer weight of the router in the base (while the table is stowed vertically) will damage the lift.

View Quote

The Jessem 3.5 HP motor I bought is incredibly quiet and smooth.  It is a dedicated router table motor by design.  
Maybe part of that is the overall structure of the lift?   But I have been very impressed with this.   The Incra or Woodpecker lift would probably be equally as good as they are all very similar .  Those two are US made , so at least you’re not helping Trudeau.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Jessem Mast R Lift that I bought from the recommendation of @Covertness. I bought the lift, table, fence, miter sled, and feed wheels. I then integrated it into my own cabinet. It's a pretty solid unit with the large variable speed Porter Cable router. The fence adjustment knobs suck balls, I switched them out in favor of woodpecker knobs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the Mast R Lift you won't have to worry about storing vertical. I often roll my router cabinet into my enclosed trailer to jobsite's to make doors, drawers, and custom trim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top