Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 1:22:21 PM EDT
I recently got a Dell gaming computer that will also be used for some web surfing and light word processing. I’m looking to get an upgrade for the Dell factory keyboard and mouse. I’m primarily a casual gamer. This desktop is mostly for gaming. I’m looking for recommendations on units that split the difference with a mild bias toward gaming. Any units you like?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i use a logitech m510 mouse at home and work.  works fine for me, i prefer wireless

for keyboard, what about the one with it do you want to change?
i would use it for a while and see if it works
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Corsair

I have the M65 mouse and the K70 keyboard with Cherry MX Browns and both are great.  I do a mix of software development/gaming/web surfing/some light video editing stuff.  Works well for all of it.

I wish they sold stripped down versions without any LED junk on them for cheaper...but they don't  So I just turn off the LED shit if I can.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Logitecha g502s have been going for 30 bucks recently, also I just got a gmmk keyboard and like it so far, super clean and you can hotswap switches
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Logitech G203 mouse and G910 keyboard. (Which may be discontinued by now, in which case just look at their product lineup.)

Really there's no reason why ANY gaming mouse and keyboard isn't perfectly good for daily non-gaming applications.

But the manufacturers figured out that by adding RGB LEDs to keyboards and mice, and marketing them to gamers, they can get profit margins that nobody's seen off of keyboards and mice in over 20 years.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Logitech G602 is the only mouse I found acceptable when I had to go looking to replace my microsoft intellimouse a few years ago (that thing was a trooper, hung on for like 12 years).  Wireless, has select-able sensitivity and polling rates (save battery if you don't care about the extra 'precision'), more buttons than I use. I'm used to just two side buttons on the microsoft one, and also nothing recognizes more than that so you have to use the software to emulate key presses, i.e. program different profiles for different games, and I find that too tedious to really take advantage of.  It's also very damn comfortable.  I did have one go bad on me, but that was the one good experience with Logitech support I had.  They sent me a new one with no fuss, didn't even have to return the broken one.

Keyboard I use is a Razer something or other, don't remember the model.  Has laptop-like soft keys (which I fucking LOVE, I don't understand the trend back to mechanical keyboards) and is backlit, which were my two main reasons for getting it.  Built-in palm rest is also nice, and I say that as someone who hated all palm rests before experiencing this one.  Before this I used the very base budget model Logitech keyboard you can get for $9 at any store with an electronics section.  I liked it fine, only 'complaint' I had was some of the letter labels were wearing off.  Key presses were very nice on that as well.  Just decided to get something a little nicer when I ran across a great sale on this Razer keyboard on Woot.  Again, haven't bothered using any of the 'advanced' driver/software functions.

ETA just looked at the Razer website, I don't see my model there anymore.  Deathstalker rings a bell though?  Or deathadder?  something like that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Really like my G700 mouse.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Corsair. Worth every penny imo and I don’t game. I got tire of flaky wireless setups and went back to wired.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the Logitech G500s corded mouse.  Has weights in it, nice action, good software, and the damn thing remembers settings if you move it from one computer to another. (Software install on both required.) Most of my mouse use is normal office and a little graphics. Rarely used for games, but they are the ones I used to use when I gamed long ago.

Unfortunately they are out of production and now close to $200!  (WTF?!)

Consider the G502 series for something similar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top