Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2024 6:09:33 PM EDT
Had a tuxedo female show up at the farm and mom has taken to it. Mom never was a cat person but 'Pretty Girl' has won her over. In cattlemen terms, she now is apparently a 'heavy springer'. There is an storage building that has seen its better days and is on the demolition list due to its door falling off resulting in the floor giving way at the entrance. She has taken up residence in it since it is dry and warm.  The problem with that is that I'm digging the crap my father left in there(think almost hoarder level BS but old farmer stuffs), and getting rid of the trash or moving the tools over to the good shed. So, no place for kittie on the right side. Left side is mostly open and requires no gymnastics to get boxes out.

Want to get/make something she can use for the kittens but be secure enough to keep vermin out. Yes, I still got the 16 gauge pump.
Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#1]
Big cardboard box with old rug, straw, and/or newspapers in the bottom, put it on the side and make the box flaps into a kind of porch if she has kittens to keep contained. Cold weather can wrap the box in bubble wrap for insulation.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Build a box. Put a curtain in the doorway. Then add a seedling heater mat for cold nights.
Not rocket science.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is an idea. A bit involved but kitty might really like it. Or a possum. Maybe a raccoon. Honey badger.

Cat House
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
A plastic tote...turned upside down and cut a hole for entry/exit. Some straw, old blanket, rug, etc.

Look at the local Humane Society for a TNR (trap-Neuter-return) class. Will help a lot. At least it did for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pavil58ar:
Here is an idea. A bit involved but kitty might really like it. Or a possum. Maybe a raccoon. Honey badger.

Cat House
View Quote

My wife does something similar for the farm cats, except she uses old coolers
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top