Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 8:58:32 PM EDT
Sort of a pedantic request, but can anyone recommend an excellent quality 3 ring binder that doesn't snag pages, easy to turn etc, and that actually lasts longer than a few weeks with regular use?

edit:  for full size manuals 8.5 x 11;   3 sections, about 2" thick each
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
An iPad
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Good reader.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
If snagging the pages on the ring junction is your biggest concern, take a look at post binders.  They won't keep the pages flat, since the inside edge of the pages will be held together, but they shouldn't catch or rip.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Where I work we use binders from Staples for frequently referenced procedures. They are molded hard plastic. The binder rings are mounted to the back, not the spine. So the pages lay flat with book open. The hinges of the covers are a high wear black rubber, along with the outer edge of the front and back cover. On the Staples website they are listed as Staples Better Binder, with an item number of 648812 for a white binder, 1”. Photos of ring system. Available in 13 colors from 1” to 4” thick.

We have them in three colors: green for daily use documents, yellow for abnormal event procedures and red for emergency procedures. Some have been in use for over 10 years, and the only time I’ve seen one fail was when someone tore off a cover when part of the book was stuck in a file cabinet.

The rings snap close with authority, and cannot be opened without pushing an unlock tab at the bottom of the ring unit. The rings also are a pin and socket design, not the wavy teeth style  of standard binders.

They are pricy at $9 and up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.   I'll probably end up looking for one of the post types.    The amazon link Identifing them as "post types" actually helped.

I could only find the same brand as what the mil issues before that link was given.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An iPad
View Quote
That's what we are using right now...it has it's downsides for sure, but overall pretty awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top