BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would be interesting to see the Commander-in-Chief walk into the building.
View Quote

Could you imagine the meltdown if Trump walked in there to BS with the guys and someone took a selfie with him?

TRUMP OUTSMARTED US AND INSTALLED HIS PERSONAL MILITARY FOR HIS COUP OF BIDEN!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Let the cities burn, and DGAF.  Even encourage it.

But one dust-up here, and we install wall-to-wall soldiers.
View Quote

Disgusting isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no ammo anywhere near them, I would bet.
View Quote

You would lose that bet.  DC now controls all sent forward forces and is managing the external optics very closely- but we are doing everything we can take care of and protect our own even when they are attached away.  For example, where do you think that pic of the loaded mag came from?  An otherwise closed pouch is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This must be some kind of a joke that I'm too Marine to understand
View Quote

He is the joke.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nope. Ask anyone who's been through army bootcamp the last 10 years how they liked their weekend icecream and cell phone calls.
View Quote

Well now we know you don't know. But keep that edge going.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Ask anyone who's been through army bootcamp the last 10 years how they liked their weekend icecream and cell phone calls.

I think it must just be tradition that people make boot camp a pissing match about how much harder it was for them in either branch, time period, or base. It’s a weird tradition.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ve heard from people that went through more recent than me that cell phones are definitely a thing in boot to one degree or another, but I always thought the stress card thing was a myth. Wasn’t it just a thing they tried in a navy basic training class once and later abandoned or something IIRC?
View Quote

Stress cards made it through less than half a cycle back in the 90s. You can't find a picture of one because they don't exist. Piece of shit turd gargling goat Fuckers keep bringing them up because they were too scared to join even with the thought they could hide behind a stress card.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Within the past ten years one of my buddies was a BCT battalion commander at Ft. LW and his recruits only got their cell phones back for short periods of time at the completion of each phase of training, and that was only if the drill instructors felt they'd earned them.  The rest of the time they were locked up.
View Quote

Shut up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep. It's command and company specific. My son graduated 3 years ago. He was able to make a phone call after blue phase and family day. This was Benning OSUT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This must be some kind of a joke that I'm too Marine to understand

Within the past ten years one of my buddies was a BCT battalion commander at Ft. LW and his recruits only got their cell phones back for short periods of time at the completion of each phase of training, and that was only if the drill instructors felt they'd earned them.  The rest of the time they were locked up.

Yep. It's command and company specific. My son graduated 3 years ago. He was able to make a phone call after blue phase and family day. This was Benning OSUT.

My son was in Cav Scout OSUT.  He was told not to take a cell phone with him.  He was allowed about three phone calls in OSUT.  All made from public phones and only as a reward after doing something good, like shooting Expert at qualifications.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel sorry for the troops but disgust for the assholes that put them there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've read this story before. The ending is pretty shitty.

https://i.imgur.com/sP1RSWm.jpg
View Quote

Henry Kissinger told GHW Bush that it wasn’t the time to alienate China after this and that it was a perfectly reasonable response to peaceful protest.
As a reward he was given a business deal with the CCP worth tens of millions.

When that cocksucker dies he will be treated as a hero by both the right and left and lain in state in that building,a building he sold to China.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Could you imagine the meltdown if Trump walked in there to BS with the guys and someone took a selfie with him?

TRUMP OUTSMARTED US AND INSTALLED HIS PERSONAL MILITARY FOR HIS COUP OF BIDEN!!!!!
View Quote

No,absolutely,no way in hell would they gamble allowing him to walk in there on the risk of

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

For example, where do you think that pic of the loaded mag came from?  An otherwise closed pouch is the answer.
View Quote

That pic was posted on the internet years ago and posted here at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That pic was posted on the internet years ago and posted here at the same time.
View Quote

Ok

They aren't my pics.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Big damn heroes.

Will there be a service medal for this opera(tion)?
View Quote

Probably a CAB lpl
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#16]

If this is true, there will be more of them than spectators.......now that's funny
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#17]
If I didn't know better, I'd think somebody is running a psychological operation on the American people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#18]
What a complete joke.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No.

I am tired of the NG getting treated like trash by the politicians and then holier-than-thou attitudes by people like you, when the NG has no real choice about going and sitting around somewhere like that, or in going and doing the things they are called to do.  Are there instances where they screw up?  More than you know!

These soldiers are there making the best of the situation that has been handed to them.  Suck it up, this is what ALL soldiers will look like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's disgraceful.
Bite may ass disgraceful.

They are sent there to sit around 'just in case'.

This is what soldiers sitting around looks like.

Want them out doing patrols?  Riiight, that will look good.
Calm down
No.

I am tired of the NG getting treated like trash by the politicians and then holier-than-thou attitudes by people like you, when the NG has no real choice about going and sitting around somewhere like that, or in going and doing the things they are called to do.  Are there instances where they screw up?  More than you know!

These soldiers are there making the best of the situation that has been handed to them.  Suck it up, this is what ALL soldiers will look like.
I must have read his comment differently than you did.  

I think it's disgraceful that they are there in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#21]
WtF??

Do the not even have cots for our troops?

What a shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want to run a black light through the capital after those Joe's leave.
View Quote
Just be glad the Marines are not there, they would be penis drawings all in the shitter.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a super spreader event. Not 6 ft apart, many dont have masks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pretty sure GIs are the dick drawers and jar heads are the crayon eaters.  But feel free to correct if I'm wrong.
View Quote
It's a combined arms task.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"The chinese are laughing at us"
"The whole world is laughing at us"
"We look like a banana republic"

That ship sailed folks

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76341/ANTIFA-in-the-Capital-e1609978085731-1777683.jpg

View Quote

The Temple was defiled by the commoners! We'll show them whose boss!

Pathetic, with the lack of leadership and reason on display. Now the "leaders" react like the mob that they are supposed to be so much better than.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My son was in Cav Scout OSUT.  He was told not to take a cell phone with him.  He was allowed about three phone calls in OSUT.  All made from public phones and only as a reward after doing something good, like shooting Expert at qualifications.
View Quote
They let us have ice cream for getting expert.

My daughter got a AAM for placing 8th in BRM out of 210.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do those pics have to do with what this thread is about?  The bottom two aren't even actual mil folks of any kind, if you saw the discussion and confirmation a long time ago in the riot thread.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's disgraceful.
Bite may ass disgraceful.

They are sent there to sit around 'just in case'.

This is what soldiers sitting around looks like.

Want them out doing patrols?  Riiight, that will look good.
Calm down
No.

I don’t think anyone is criticizing them. Just the politicians and leadership that put them in this shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think it must just be tradition that people make boot camp a pissing match about how much harder it was for them in either branch, time period, or base. It’s a weird tradition.
View Quote

We had ten minute Coke and smokes about halfway through. if you didn't have a cig or thirty five cents for soda you would be set top cleaning. Learned to smoke REAL fast. Seriously. That was 1986, Great Mistakes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You're obviously not a veteran if you think those are "posed".  

That looks exactly like the military when they go somewhere and they're sitting around waiting.

They have their protective masks for riot control agents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those look awfully posed.

ETA:

Are they carrying MOP gear?

I don’t see a single magazine in those photos.

You're obviously not a veteran if you think those are "posed".  

That looks exactly like the military when they go somewhere and they're sitting around waiting.

They have their protective masks for riot control agents.

I’ve done my share of hurrying just to wait.  

I’ve also seen politicians walk through the same chow tent five times to get the right shot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CSPAN reported a few minutes ago that
there are more military personnel
in the Capitol than at any time in its history.

Duh..

also, that there are now more in DC than in Iraq and Afghanistan.

View Quote

DC was a military camp during the civil war. The rebs had a mission..   Cspan dont do any research.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#34]
If I were a federal judge in the Portland district, I would be pissed. 9 months of my courthouse under attack and most of congress encouraged it.
One attack and the capitol gets this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure GIs are the dick drawers and jar heads are the crayon eaters.  But feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

Joint Operations FTW!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If I were a federal judge in the Portland district, I would be pissed. 9 months of my courthouse under attack and most of congress encouraged it.
One attack and the capitol gets this.
View Quote

Not if you were a liberal activist judge
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Tom Clancy game need to stop coming true.  Like the Division 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Joint Operations FTW!
View Quote

1.5% of our forces there are not Army.  Yep, joint operations!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I sure hope everyone in Congress enjoys their presence. I sincerely doubt they're leaving after the 20th. Or the 30th.

I figure that they're going to demand more fortifications and troops indefinitely.

DC is likely going to have damn green zones at this rate. The public won't be invited.
View Quote

QFT
Deadly force is authorized.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#40]
A quick search shows giant, empty, conference centers just down the street. No need to be nuts to butts in there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Super spreader event
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't know if covered.

Haha mre's.  I think the capitols going to be having bigger problems aka clogged toilets.  Oh well it's already a swamp.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They're GI's, not Marines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're going to draw dicks everywhere

They're GI's, not Marines.
So they're going to suck dicks?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel sorry for those guys.

We should organize a ANTIFA protest at the capitol so they have something to do.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah that’s where I’m at. The whole “fuck it, it’s what servicemembers do” is a great mentality to have when you’re in. It keeps you content with shitty conditions. But now that I’m out, fuck all that. That’s not what I’m ok with them having, and that’s not what I’d be ok with my Joes having either. None of these politicians thought “hey maybe I can help these guys out”? No, they walk right past like they’re some homeless beggar. They’re not in the jungles of Borneo or something. They deserve better, and better is easily attainable. Is it that much to ask of SNCOs and Os to go secure some mats? For that matter, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have just been on a packing list.
View Quote

I don't think the soldiers give a shit about politicians talking to them or helping them out and would rather avoid it all, because politicians have no fucking say and the troops cant accept any gifts from them regardless. Theres a fucking reason for it. I'm sure they were briefed about politicians, lawful orders, ROE and everything they need to hopefully not fuck up. Your trying to blame the NCO's but it looks like the guys packed what they wanted and I'm sure they will be sending up some cots once they figure out what they are doing, how long the mission will be and where they are sleeping for this shit show. You're worried about cots and I guarantee those guys are wondering how long the are going to be stuck there so they can tell there employers, schools and families. They have electricity, ac/heating and a roof over there head, they are fine for the short term.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Should make a video game out of this called "Capture the Capital".
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Neva been dun befo'

@Jenzilla
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#48]

That's not the US Capitol. That's in Kansas.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Those look awfully posed.

ETA:

Are they carrying MOP gear?

I don’t see a single magazine in those photos.
View Quote

Probably because they didn’t issue them any ammo.
When my bro in law was called out for the riots in St.Louis they didn’t give them any.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top