Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But what about the non trinitarian Christians?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muslims considered Christians polytheists for this reason.
What about them? Just because a group claims a particular identity doesn't mean they fit that identity if important tenants crucial to it are ignored.

Anthropologically speaking, rejection of the Trinity sets a group apart from Christianity into what might be more properly, if somewhat impolitely, called a pseudo-Christian cult.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Illuminati for sure, OP
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Isis use it but all Muslims use it

Does not mean he’s supporting isis.

It means one god Allah.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means one god Allah.
That may in fact be the case though I found it unusual, given the circumstances.  Perhaps I'm reading into it too much.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That may in fact be the case though I found it unusual, given the circumstances.  Perhaps I'm reading into it too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means one god Allah.
perhaps? LOL
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Serbs - who are generally Eastern Orthodox Christians - typically threw this "gang sign" (to put it in OP's jargon), to represent BOTH:

- the Holy trinity, and

- Serb national identity:

These are Croatian soldiers; enemies of the Serbs.  They are generally Roman Catholic by heritage, they use the Roman alphabet for essentially the same language as the Serbs (Serbo-Croatian), and are also loyal to the Holy Trinity, but never use the 3 finger sign:

All muslims use the one finger salute.  I am not reading too much into OPs photo just yet.

Remains to be seen how radical that mosque was or wasn't; but that issue is irrelevant to the mass murder committed there.  No excuse for that.  None.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In my world the guy with the finger in the air, upper left, is signaling support for ISIS. Not justifying the attack but it makes me wonder what this Mosque had going on during call to prayer.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/Screen_Shot_2019-03-15_at_9_12_50_AM_png-878175.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/iu_jpeg-878176.JPG
View Quote
your ass is showing, OP....

what if I were to show you myriad pictures of Kurdish and Arab Shia soldiers and fighters doing exactly the same thing?

The raised finger is universal in the Muslim world. It it’s is representative of the Shahada.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You are being intellectually dishonest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pesty and pdm are right,  it is not really that different to a catholic making the sign of the cross on their chest.

It is not a sign of extremism.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Perhaps? lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do they know that Christianity also believes that there is Only One God?  The name we use is irrelevant, the belief is shared.
View Quote
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.jpg.

The muslims believe that their god, allah, is the greatest, above all other gods, even our God, (sometimes referred to as Yaweh), which is why they do the finger pointy uppy thing.

Allah is the moon god.  Not the same as mine.  Just because they believe in one god doesn't mean it's the same as my God.

The God that Christians and Jews worship is a just, loving God.  Allah is all about wrath and punishment.

YMMV, IMHO, JM2C, whatever.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Forgot to add:

- Russians often throw the "3 finger / Holy Trinity" sign, as do Serbs.

The Serbs look to the East, and feel an affinity towards Russia and their shared Slavic heritage.

The Croats - while they are Slavic too - typically look more toward the West, and were once loyal to the Roman Catholic pope - although communism radically reduced all practice of religion in what was Yugoslavia.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not buying it. The one finger is associated with Jihadism, in particular that of the ISIS flavor.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/iu-2_jpeg-878191.JPG
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#15]

ISIS everywhere
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You post a pic of a Muslim guy who just got shot pointing to the sky, assume he's throwing an ISIS sign, and then you want to toss around "intellectual"? Just stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You post a pic of a Muslim guy who just got shot pointing to the sky, assume he's throwing an ISIS sign, and then you want to toss around "intellectual"? Just stop.
So many tolerant arfcommers in GD today. Allah bless you!
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is no justification for murdering random people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if it's true that that mosque was known for ties to extremists and associated activities.
But the Koran teaches that you should murder random infidels. Are you disputing and condemning the teachings of the prophet Muhammad?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Basically yes.

All created in the minds of the humans.

Unicorns are real too. I can't prove they are real, and you can't disprove them. Therefore they are real.
View Quote
You however are a mirage.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Connecticut is full of them!

Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m taking a wild guess and I’m going to believe that you and the others posting these examples are making a poor attempt at juvenile humor.  If not I’m struggling to understand if people can actually be that ignorant.

The single finger, when used in this context, signifies that Islam is the one true religion.  This has been used to denote Isis though it’s not exclusive to isis.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm taking a wild guess and I'm going to believe that you and the others posting these examples are making a poor attempt at juvenile humor.  If not I'm struggling to understand if people can actually be that ignorant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oQYQyNtEm2I/hqdefault.jpg
http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Morgan-Freeman-talks-Obama-300x223.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/3b3dc9a328f0062b6ccf0f08711848f0/tumblr_inline_mxbmslH3T21rai649.jpg

ISIS everywhere
I'm taking a wild guess and I'm going to believe that you and the others posting these examples are making a poor attempt at juvenile humor.  If not I'm struggling to understand if people can actually be that ignorant.
THIS IS GD!
300Leonidas.jpg
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Today I learned ISIS has a gang sign.

I guess a rap album is next?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The single finger, when used in this context, signifies that Islam is the one true religion.  This has been used to denote Isis though it’s not exclusive to isis.
View Quote
Read your first sentence, then the second. It does NOT denote ISIS. You may see ISIS members do it, but they do it to denote that "there's one god/true religion" not to denote they are ISIS. There's a difference.

Think about it logically. Do you really think the guy on the stretcher that just got shot is going to say "Yeah, man that shooter had it right, I AM an ISIS member!" Fuck no, he's going to claim innocence obviously.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Basically yes.

All created in the minds of the humans.

Unicorns are real too. I can't prove they are real, and you can't disprove them. Therefore they are real.
View Quote
Christianity now crippled - how will we go on?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Read your first sentence, then the second. It does NOT denote ISIS. You may see ISIS members do it, but they do it to denote that "there's one god/true religion" not to denote they are ISIS. There's a difference.

Think about it logically. Do you really think the guy on the stretcher that just got shot is going to say "Yeah, man that shooter had it right, I AM an ISIS member!" Fuck no, he's going to claim innocence obviously.
View Quote
I am thinking about it logically.  A violent raid takes pace where 100 people are either killed or wounded and this guy throws up the Muslim single finger, the one true religion?  That's what he's thinking about?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am thinking about it logically.  A violent raid takes pace where 100 people are either killed or wounded and this guy throws up the Muslim single finger, the one true religion?  That's what he's thinking about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, pretty obviously and most likely. Could he be ISIS? Sure, but there's no indication of that and the one finger thing certainly doesn't mean that. Again, there's zero logical reason for him to "out" himself as a legit target right after being shot. If he was ISIS he'd be keeping it on the DL until time to move, not announce to the world that this was a good shoot.

If you were just shot because you were a very religious person, would you not then lean on the "strength" of that religion?
Conversely if you were an underground terrorist that just got shot why TF would you announce to everyone that you are in fact a terrorist?

You're stretching man. A lot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those god are completely different. They would not say it’s the same god.
View Quote
Yeah, no. The old testament is part of their scripture and they considered Jesus a prophet, not the son of God. Problem is, they take their teachings from Muhammad, not God.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well he's a Muslim so...
He's probably reciting the shahada too.

Catholic would be clutching a rosary.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, pretty obviously and most likely. Could he be ISIS? Sure, but there's no indication of that and the one finger thing certainly doesn't mean that. Again, there's zero logical reason for him to "out" himself as a legit target right after being shot. If he was ISIS he'd be keeping it on the DL until time to move, not announce to the world that this was a good shoot.

If you were just shot because you were a very religious person, would you not then lean on the "strength" of that religion?
Conversely if you were an underground terrorist that just got shot why TF would you announce to everyone that you are in fact a terrorist?

View Quote
Firstly you use the term terrorist as if this guy, if ISIS, would refer to himself as a terrorist.  That's your term, not his. An Isis fighter isn't a terrorist but rather a true believer.  I know no moderate Muslims that throw up the "one finger" and I know a lot of Muslims. The ones that throw it up are "true believers" or what we would consider radicalized.

That guy on the stretcher wasn't just some old man signaling his religion. You can believe that BS if you want but he was being defiant and if I had to guess I'd say he's more Jihadi than moderate.

From a senator in Queensland:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well he's a Muslim so...
He's probably reciting the shahada too.

Catholic would be clutching a rosary.
View Quote
The rosary is analogous to the finger denoting the "one true religion"?  Really?  The one finger is a symbol of defiance and of radical islam. It is a statement...."You will convert or we will kill you and are justified in doing so" or words to that effect.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder if it's true that that mosque was known for ties to extremists and associated activities.
View Quote
Find a mosque that isn't...
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Firstly you use the term terrorist as if this guy, if ISIS, would refer to himself as a terrorist.  That's your term, not his. An Isis fighter isn't a terrorist but rather a true believer.  I know no moderate Muslims that throw up the "one finger" and I know a lot of Muslims. The ones that throw it up are "true believers" or what we would consider radicalized.

That guy on the stretcher wasn't just some old man signaling his religion. You can believe that BS if you want but he was being defiant and if I had to guess I'd say he's more Jihadi than moderate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/lfr3nhcm99m21_jpg-878544.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, you're making some wild ass assumptions and you even admit you're guessing. You're just making it up as you go along and refusing to listen to people who know more than you do. You've already convinced yourself.

He may not consider himself a terrorist, but he is well aware that everyone else would. Why on earth would he advertise it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Senator is not wrong.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The one finger is a symbol of defiance and of radical islam. It is a statement...."You will convert or we will kill you and are justified in doing so" or words to that effect.
View Quote
No it's not, and no it isn't. It's a generic sign used by many Muslims.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#37]
No wonder people think gun owners are fucking retarded, "we" give them no shortage of examples.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
As a practical matter, it is a non-issue since the Muslims had historically interacted with the Roman Church, of either the Western or Eastern varity.

And related to that, Protestants often saw Muslims as the enemy-of-my-enemy, and did not aid their Catholic enemies in wars against Muslims.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Justified or not, an attack on a religious congregation is unlikely to be random. Unless you’re saying that the attack might have been done on a grocery store or bus or anywhere anyone gathers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Justified or not, an attack on a religious congregation is unlikely to be random. Unless you’re saying that the attack might have been done on a grocery store or bus or anywhere anyone gathers.
My response was to the question of if the Mosque was tied to extremism or ISIS.

If it was and one felt determined to do it then hunt down the people directly involved.  Don't just go wondering in blowing random people away.

Let's say a priest at a church I attend is (unknown to us) a kiddie diddler.  I'd applaud someone whacking him.  If the whacker came into church during services and starts murdering people wholesale I'll shoot him down if possible and hope he burns.

Timothy McVeigh lost all right to sympathy toward his cause by blowing up a building full of innocents.  The same is true of anyone who intentionally targets innocents for their cause.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I disagree.  It is a "fuck you" to the the non-muslim world.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Do they know that Christianity also believes that there is Only One God?  The name we use is irrelevant, the belief is shared.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does not mean he's supporting isis.

It means one god Allah.
Not the same God despite what the MSM tell you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can see it like that, there's probably some truth there. Still doesn't mean they're ISIS if they use it. But hey, you're clearly the expert on here. Not sure why you're even asking the question here when you already know the answer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol, you're making some wild ass assumptions and you even admit you're guessing. You're just making it up as you go along and refusing to listen to people who know more than you do. You've already convinced yourself.

He may not consider himself a terrorist, but he is well aware that everyone else would. Why on earth would he advertise it?
View Quote
You're kind of full of yourself, aren't you.  My assumptions are "wild" yet you must be one of the " people who know more than you do"?

Is that the best you can do?

Clearly you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of defiance and the concept that people like him (or what I'm conjecturing he might be) aren't hiding. He would advertise it because he's a "true believer" and he's not hiding that fact. Is that so hard for you to grasp?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You're kind of full of yourself, aren't you.  My assumptions are "wild" yet you must be one of the " people who know more than you do"?

Clearly you don't seam to be able to grasp the concept of defiance and the concept that people like him (or what I'm conjecturing he might be) aren't hiding. He would advertise it because he's a "true believer" and he's not hiding that fact. Is that so hard for you to grasp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly you don't seam to be able to grasp the concept of defiance and the concept that people like him (or what I'm conjecturing he might be) aren't hiding. He would advertise it because he's a "true believer" and he's not hiding that fact. Is that so hard for you to grasp?
The best I can do is actual information and logic that you keep ignoring. All of your logic is used with the assumption that he's definitely an ISIS member, and so you are justifying his hand signal based on that assumption. Your reasoning is ass backwards.

I grasp what you're saying, but none of that means he's ISIS. Everything you say is a good reason why an ISIS member would use the sign, but it doesn't indicate affiliation with ISIS either. This is the thing you refuse to grasp.

I'm not disagreeing that ISIS uses this sign. I'm pointing out that using it doesn't automatically mean you're part of ISIS, and questioning why he would do this- true believer or not. Seems to me he'd want to keep his cover so he can cause some hate and discontent later, but again- you're the expert apparently.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong. The belief is not shared because the Quran says that Allah has no son
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The best I can do is actual information and logic that you keep ignoring. All of your logic is used with the assumption that he's definitely an ISIS member, and so you are justifying his hand signal based on that assumption. Your reasoning is ass backwards.

I grasp what you're saying, but none of that means he's ISIS. Everything you say is a good reason why an ISIS member would use the sign, but it doesn't indicate affiliation with ISIS either. This is the thing you refuse to grasp.

I'm not disagreeing that ISIS uses this sign. I'm pointing out that using it doesn't automatically mean you're part of ISIS, and questioning why he would do this- true believer or not. Seems to me he'd want to keep his cover so he can cause some hate and discontent later, but again- you're the expert apparently.
View Quote
You are making up facts to meet your narrative. Please point out where I said he’s definitely an isis member. You’ll have difficulty because I never said that. You are being purposefully obtuse or disingenuous at best.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You are making up facts to meet your narrative. Please point out where I said he’s definitely an isis member. You’ll have difficulty because I never said that. You are being purposefully obtuse or disingenuous at best.
View Quote
You have to be fucking kidding. You said in your world he's supporting ISIS and you wonder what was really going on at the Mosque.

I'm making up facts? What narrative do I have exactly? And you say I'm being obtuse? Give me a break.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You have to be fucking kidding. You said in your world he's supporting ISIS and you wonder what was really going on at the Mosque.

I'm making up facts? What narrative do I have exactly? And you say I'm being obtuse? Give me a break.
View Quote
Lol. So you can’t point out that I said he was an isis member. You know why?  Because I never did.  Your argument becomes invalid when you lie to support it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol. So you can’t point out that I said he was an isis member. You know why?  Because I never did.  Your argument becomes invalid when you lie to support it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of obtuse.

Whatever you say man. He's clearly an ISIS supporter "in your world".
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top