Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Posted: 2/21/2018 9:46:58 AM EDT
CNN Townhall

The National Rifle Association will participate in CNN's nationally televised town hall Wednesday with students, parents and community members who were affected by last week's school shooting....The NRA accepted CNN's invitation to participate in the town hall and national spokeswoman Dana Loesch will represent the organization.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's good, but I don't see much chance of anything good coming from this.  
View Quote
She'll be shouted down by the talking heads and they'll spend the next hour of programing telling everyone why she was wrong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Just going to stroll straight into the trap I guess.  They're giving the enemy every advantage, I'm going to be super impressed with Dana if this is anything but a total disaster.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing good is going to come from this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Neither do I.  Especially given that it is the most liberal of all the MSM putting it on.  Hopefully she has prepped for being attacked from all sides by multiple people and crying children, all at the same time.

Yesterday all the NRA haters were saying "why doesn't the NRA go to the media" well they get their wish.  For some reason I doubt they will change their tune about hating the organization that has been fighting off the anti-gunners for them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, they're showing that they do care. This was the fastest they accepted an invite after a major tragedy isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, this will be swell.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#9]
IN on one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#10]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Dana Loesch has guts. That's got to be the most hostile audience possible. Good for her.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to call this outcome as more ammo for the left to twist into their own agendas. No good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Dana's pretty good.  Given that she knows she's going to be walking into a trap with zero chance of any sort of balanced objectivity, i'm guessing she'll prep ahead of time for the hostile environment she'll be in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#14]
At least it's not MH.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#15]
It's gonna be a shit show.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't participate in a CNN anything, but I guess it's better to be present than not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
She sucks.  Should have gotten Noir
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Bet they throw gun owners under the bus on bumpfirr and age limit changing to 21.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Nothing good will come from this, it will be a huge shit show.  The NRA will come out looking like the bad guys and will be smeared.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Neither do I.  Especially given that it is the most liberal of all the MSM putting it on. Hopefully she has prepped for being attacked from all sides by multiple people and crying children, all at the same time.

Yesterday all the NRA haters were saying "why doesn't the NRA go to the media" well they get their wish.  For some reason I doubt they will change their tune about hating the organization that has been fighting off the anti-gunners for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither do I.  Especially given that it is the most liberal of all the MSM putting it on. Hopefully she has prepped for being attacked from all sides by multiple people and crying children, all at the same time.

I'm guessing that you haven't seen anything spewed out by MSNBC? As much as I detest and refuse to watch the Communist News Network ( I stopped watching them about 20 years ago), I can't believe that you actually think that they are more liberal than MSNBC. I don't watch anything, except for Fox News for my national news and they show clips from the various commie/hate channels like MSNBC, CNN, and others. It's so very obvious that CNN is probably the least offensive of all of these commie networks. I do not recommend that anyone watch any of these disgusting networks, but, in your case, it might be worth a "look see" (as John Wayne used to say in his movies) for you to flip channels to compare them. I tried this once and could only stand a few minutes on each channel before the nausea factor kicked in to compel a channel change. But, try it. You'll find that the other networks are much more liberal than Communist News Network. Though, I do not recommend that anyone watch any of them for more than a minute or two.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#21]
She's hated by the left. I'm not sure she was the best choice. That said I don't have a suggestion for an alternative off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#22]
This wont end well at all
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed. Noir is the only prominent figure that I can see holding his ground in a situation like this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I don’t think this is a bad idea. All the public is seeing are anti gun types. The people who hate guns won’t be changed, but the millions on the fence might be different. Especially if she keeps her cool and points out to gun owners that these people have no intention of giving them a fair shake. No intention of listening to facts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Not a good move. None of the idgits watching, nor the cnn drones will believe facts/stats anyway.

On a related note I hope she has her personal security with her. She recently said in an interview I saw that she has received enough serious death threats toward her and her kids that she was forced to move to an undisclosed location.

Things have gone well past the fubar stage.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Dana is good.  Can we also get Colion on the panel?

Gonna be a shitshow but those two can bring it with the best of them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agreed. Noir is the only prominent figure that I can see holding his ground in a situation like this.
View Quote
That and they will be more reluctant to argue with a black dude.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#28]
This won’t end well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
THIS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I wish they had Bill Whittle and Ben Shapiro for events like this
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
+1.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#32]
In for the dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#33]
should have sent colion noir.  that would have made cnn cancel the whole thing.  I love dana.. but she is a bit screechy..

I actually listened to dana yesterday and I heard her arguments.  I turned it off because she was completely uninteresting and gave me a headache..

This guy IMHO is NRA's ace up the sleeve to battle the MSM that they will never play
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#34]
If 5,000,000 people watch this, and just 5% of those undecided wake up, it’s still 250,000.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
If they were clever Dana would "come down with the flu" and they'd sub Noir at the last moment to throw a wrench in CNN's script.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Hmm. This will not end well with CNN. They are going into a horrible situation where it will be 30 vs the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. Idiots.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If they were clever Dana would "come down with the flu" and they'd sub Noir at the last moment to throw a wrench in CNN's script.
View Quote
Yesterday she said she has the flu and sounded very sick.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they did that I’ll buy a lifetime membership on the spot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they (viewers) will just call him an Uncle Tom, like they do every black conservative.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Dana Loesch has guts. That's got to be the most hostile audience possible. Good for her.
View Quote
They should send Ted Cruz with or instead of her, as he is very good at ripping new ass-holes on that type of thing. While I don't care for him as a politician I'll give him his props and then some on that.

Dana Loesch may have "guts" to a point but she is still a woman and i worry about the whole thing morphing into feels. We don't require a show pony, we require a draft horse.

Cruz would hit them with facts and as mightily boring as they would be in a Cruz delivery the conversation would stay on track despite CNN's best efforts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. Frankly, I don't even have much faith in her.

All it takes is one soundbite.

Hopefully she'll prove us both wrong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#45]
I would say she is bearding the lion in his den but that would imply the libtards have a trace level of testosterone so I'll say she'll be turning on the lights and squashing the cockaroches as they scurry for cover.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#46]
It’s a trap
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#47]
"Look, the NRA wants sensible gun legislation too."
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#48]
After Newtown the NRA wisely declined Obama's gun control town hall.  Back then they knew that they wouldn't be allowed to speak and would just be a punching bag for the camera to zoom in on while the actors gave their scripted remarks.  Participating in a CNN town hall now is a really stupid move, but the NRA has been full of stupid moves for the last few months.

I wonder what piece of gun control the NRA will agree to support this time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would have help blow the old white guy NRA memeber stereotype.  Maybe get both?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#50]
y tho
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top