Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2018 9:41:34 AM EDT

Back in April, the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action open endorsed Lt. Governor Casey Cagle for his run for the top seat in the Peach State. In fact, here is the word straight from the NRA's own mouth.

On behalf of our members in Georgia, the National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) proudly announces its endorsement of Georgia Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle for governor and Sen. David Shafer for lieutenant governor. Cagle has an "A+" rating based on his more than two decades spent advancing self-defense rights and the interests of gun owners and sportsmen across Georgia. Shafer also has earned an "A+" rating for strong leadership on Second Amendment issues and an unwavering defense of our personal liberties.

"At a time when the five million members of the NRA are under attack like never before, Casey Cagle has very publicly chosen to stand with us," said NRA-PVF Chairman Chris W.Cox. "Our endorsement reflects Cagle's unwavering support to advance self-defense rights and the interests of gun owners and sportsmen across Georgia.

Well, as a NRA Life Member and a Florida Resident that lives just south of the Georgia line. I know what's it is like when the NRA backs Anti-Gun Politicians that stab gun owners in the back. FL Gov. Rick Scott and the entire debacle with the Florida Republican Party over the years has been a wonderful example. So why is this Floridian looking into Georgia politics? Because I was just thinking of moving there to escape Florida.
View Quote
Here is a quick rundown of Cagle's stellar A+ rated record is for Georgia Gun Owners.

2013: SB188 (Campus Carry) was introduced twice within that legislative session but Cagle refused to allow the Georgia Senate to have a floor vote.
2014: Cagle wanted to have 'training requirements' inserted into HB65 when the bill being debated and amended in the Conference Committee.
2016: While hosting a forum with Georgia's religious leaders; Cagle told them that Campus Carry was not "responsible" and he "does not agree with this and other legislation being pushed upon our state."
2017: The Georgia Legislature passed Campus Carry but Cagle said it was a "thoughtful compromise" when he allowed his College and Career Academies to remain on the exemption list.
2017: Cagle sent SB177 (Georgia Constitutional Carry) to die in committee and blocked three additional Pro-Gun amendments to be heard in the Senate.
2018: Cagle during an interview with the news stated "Georgia is in a very good position where our gun laws stand today, and I know of no areas where gun rights need to be expanded in the state."

Interview with Georgia Governor candidate Casey Cagle on gun permits

I guess the grass isn't greener on the other side. So again, the NRA is backing an anti-gun politician. This one just happened to wave the NRA's flag when Delta decided to cancel the discount partnership for NRA members. Yeah, Cagle is the Georgia politician that took Delta Airline's $40 million tax breaks for fuel.

Here's a video of Cagle killing Constitutional Carry in the Georgia Legislature.

Casey Cagle Kills Constitutional Carry

Gee, thank NRA. As a gun owner I feel so proud knowing that you guys are..

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The NRA has it's head up its ass.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
That's another swamp that needs drained. Need more of the membership to pay attention.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's another swamp that needs drained. Need more of the membership to pay attention.
View Quote
I begrudgingly became a member to attend NRAAM, but since I am now, I figure I might as well try to do something with it. How can I make an effect?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I begrudgingly became a member to attend NRAAM, but since I am now, I figure I might as well try to do something with it. How can I make an effect?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you and a couple million educated 2A types were to buy voting memberships at hundreds of bucks a crack, you might be able to vote in real pro 2A NRA leaders.

But, there's the possibility that the NRA ruling class would modify the rules to keep any change in leadership from happening.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you and a couple million educated 2A types were to buy voting memberships at hundreds of bucks a crack, you might be able to vote in real pro 2A NRA leaders.

But, there's the possibility that the NRA ruling class would modify the rules to keep any change in leadership from happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rules have already been changed. The way the board can overrule member amendments, changed the amount needed for petition signatures for a candidate to run, etc
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The rules have already been changed. The way the board can overrule member amendments, changed the amount needed for petition signatures for a candidate to run, etc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they'll change it again as the need arises.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Good job Miami jbt
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!  He had some pretty good ads.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it possible the NRA is doing some sort of horse trading?  IE. Ill vote your way here if you endorse xyz there

The Truth of it probably lies somewhere between corruption and incompetence.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
What is his history on voting for or against other gun bills and what is his competition?  Is his competitor more progun?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top