Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 224
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Playing a game and was talking about this case... a guy playing with is apparently an ATF lawyer... and he literally said, " if the law said to go into this city and decimate the population, that's what we'd do, because that's our job."

That's a nice dental plan.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joshdb50:
Playing a game and was talking about this case... a guy playing with is apparently an ATF lawyer... and he literally said, " if the law said to go into this city and decimate the population, that's what we'd do, because that's our job."

View Quote

Bet the fucking ATF lawyer wouldn't be one of the ones going in (and getting chewed up).  Easy to be a big talker when you aren't the guy suiting up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 2:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By joshdb50:

View Quote

The first rule of GTA5, never believe anyone who says they are an ATF lawyer...
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Timberwulfen:

Funny how Remington Military Division makes two door breeching shotguns with barrels under 18"...the 870P and the MCS (Military Combat Shotgun). Seems like a weapon of war, theyd have a hard argument against them now.
http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/~/media/Images/RemingtonMilitary/slideshow/firearm/firearm_pumpshotgun_breachers_2_ss.ashx

http://www.gundigest.com/wp-content/uploads/Remington-870-MCS-Lead.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtQc01gN7AQbWuQW18db0EKwGZJrUXtvTEeNuF9n9sUrUIjZbvscsje-8
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Adam-Wayne:
What's really funny is that in the Miller decision, it would be inferred that "weapons of war" are protected by the second amendment.

"The Court cannot take judicial notice that a shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches long has today any reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and therefore cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees to the citizen the right to keep and bear such a weapon.

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

They weren't presented with any evidence that short barreled shotguns were in ordinary usage by any military, or that it was in use by any militia, or anything like that, as Miller had died and his defense didn't pursue the case.

Funny how Remington Military Division makes two door breeching shotguns with barrels under 18"...the 870P and the MCS (Military Combat Shotgun). Seems like a weapon of war, theyd have a hard argument against them now.
http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/~/media/Images/RemingtonMilitary/slideshow/firearm/firearm_pumpshotgun_breachers_2_ss.ashx

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtQc01gN7AQbWuQW18db0EKwGZJrUXtvTEeNuF9n9sUrUIjZbvscsje-8

While those are regularly issued they are made for a specific task and that is not defense. I think a better example would be the Marines which I understand have been using SBS for their defense work for a long long time. Think they are mostly Mossbergs but don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

While those are regularly issued they are made for a specific task and that is not defense. I think a better example would be the Marines which I understand have been using SBS for their defense work for a long long time. Think they are mostly Mossbergs but don't know for sure.
View All Quotes
What's really funny is that in the Miller decision, it would be inferred that "weapons of war" are protected by the second amendment.

"The Court cannot take judicial notice that a shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches long has today any reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and therefore cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees to the citizen the right to keep and bear such a weapon.

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

They weren't presented with any evidence that short barreled shotguns were in ordinary usage by any military, or that it was in use by any militia, or anything like that, as Miller had died and his defense didn't pursue the case.

Yeah, well, if the fucking Redcoats are holed up in Farmer Jameson's barn and have put a fucking keyed iron clasp on the door, I'm not bound to proceed very quickly taking to it hatefully with my fucking firelocke and bayonet, now, am I?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Yeah, well, if the fucking Redcoats are holed up in Farmer Jameson's barn and have put a fucking keyed iron clasp on the door, I'm not bound to proceed very quickly taking to it hatefully with my fucking firelocke and bayonet, now, am I?
View Quote

if logic and good will mattered to anyone in the government, we wouldn't have to fight for anything like this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#7]
K
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

People consistently misunderstand and misrepresent the Miller decision.

The Miller decision DID NOT declare that a short barreled shotgun was not suitable for militia use. It stated that such information (yes or no) was not part of the judicial record and therefore REMANDED the case back to the lower courts for such fact finding. With the notice that if it was in fact part of ordinary military equipment that it would be protected.

As far as LE, the same federal government that claims that MGs are dangerous and unusual and weapons of war not only buys them in large quantities for their own LE agencies for personal protection, and uses them to protect the President and other officials, they've also distributed tens of thousands of them to local LE agencies as well. As well as creating a special exemption to the MG ban to allow their use in protecting highly sensitive privately owned industries.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Originally Posted By 3Trip:
You know, they focused a lot on machine guns being military weapons of war, it'd be good to remind them law enforcement doesn't use machine guns  as weapons of war.

People consistently misunderstand and misrepresent the Miller decision.

The Miller decision DID NOT declare that a short barreled shotgun was not suitable for militia use. It stated that such information (yes or no) was not part of the judicial record and therefore REMANDED the case back to the lower courts for such fact finding. With the notice that if it was in fact part of ordinary military equipment that it would be protected.

As far as LE, the same federal government that claims that MGs are dangerous and unusual and weapons of war not only buys them in large quantities for their own LE agencies for personal protection, and uses them to protect the President and other officials, they've also distributed tens of thousands of them to local LE agencies as well. As well as creating a special exemption to the MG ban to allow their use in protecting highly sensitive privately owned industries.

I would bring up the term "PDW" and I believe the .gov has put out several bids for such "personal defense weapons" before. Police agencies as well use that tern yes?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Freedom_Or_DEATH:
NOLO,

When you have time, I'm curious what your thoughts would be on a possible new case, with a willing, "patsy" with investors backing them, to bring an equal protection suit upon receipt of a denied F1(s). Based solely on private sector VIP style, basically:

1) Form a corporation
2) Appoint officers
3) Appoint security team
4) Submit F1's (on behalf of the Corp.) to convert said teams AR-15's (owned by the Corp.) to M-16's
5) Once F1's get denied, you know the rest (Congress, President, etc. etc. are not better humans)... XD
View Quote

Equal protection really isn't going to work there unless your hypothetical corporation's security team is similarly situated (protecting a nuclear site or other facility an attack on which could cause a mass casualty event).
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

My father was given a shotgun doing guard duty in Da Nang. USMC.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dillehayd:

View All Quotes

But was it a short barreled gun. Most of the Vietnam and older guns I have seen are long barreled guns
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]

But was it a short barreled gun. Most of the Vietnam and older guns I have seen are long barreled guns
View All Quotes
<snip>

Newer ones too.  I had four or six Mossbergs in my armory on the FFG (late 80s), and they were all long barrels. Short barrels would have been far better suited to maneuvering through ship passageways and compartments.  For that matter, M-4s (had they been invented then) would have been better suited than the M-14s I had too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

Newer ones too.  I had four or six Mossbergs in my armory on the FFG (late 80s), and they were all long barrels. Short barrels would have been far better suited to maneuvering through ship passageways and compartments.  For that matter, M-4s (had they been invented then) would have been better suited than the M-14s I had too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
<snip>

Current issue is 18" or 20" mossberg 500. Certainly not super short but better than a standard 26" to 28" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.guns.com/2016/04/07/lawmakers-approve-1000-tax-on-handguns-in-lieu-of-total-ban/

Here is NFA 2.0. And a test to see if a right taxed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:
http://www.guns.com/2016/04/07/lawmakers-approve-1000-tax-on-handguns-in-lieu-of-total-ban/

View Quote

At some point people need to stand and fight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Undefined:

View All Quotes

Yep
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Wow, no shotguns larger than .410. Should be interesting to see how that tax plays out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Holy shit. I missed this. I was wondering when they would think of using taxes to enact a defacto ban. My guess is it doesn't survive the courts but damn these roaches are devious.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By LTCetme:
Holy shit. I missed this. I was wondering when they would think of using taxes to enact a defacto ban. My guess is it doesn't survive the courts but damn these roaches are devious.
View All Quotes

That is what the original nfa tax was the stanp cost the same as the Tommy gun

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xxprince] [#21]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

View All Quotes

Ordered
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By xxprince:

Ordered
View All Quotes

Ordered

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By scmar:

View All Quotes

Ordered

Front should have said SOON!

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Ordered  Keep it up!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By djkel:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djkel:

I want one that says "SOON™" on the front on the back has images of a variety of belt feds, full auto carbines, and submachineguns with "FREEDOM. COMING TO A RANGE NEAR YOU. SOON™"

Then again, I'd accept one with an image of a machine gun and a $200 NFA tax stamp with the words "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

The one I really want, more than anything else, simply says "You can have it NOW™, but I remember when it was SOON™"
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

And that's why I think this could go really well if it's overturned. How can NFA stand if this tax is struck down?

Or it goes poorly and its upheld and other states start taxing new sales. The secondhand market would boom.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#27]
If that tax stands then 1 State needs to pass a dual law where you must pay tax on voting ID's and tax on firearms.  Let them deal with both at same time and see what outcome would be.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dcormier1:
If that tax stands then 1 State needs to pass a dual law where you must pay tax on voting ID's and tax on firearms.  Let them deal with both at same time and see what outcome would be.
View Quote

Do you even 24th amendment, bro?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dcormier1] [#29]

View All Quotes

Voting would be free.  The Id would have the tax.  Same logic as right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed but you have to pay this fee and wait for permission (in some states)

How about plenty of abortion clinics to do abortions, but background checks, permits and 10 day waiting periods to get them?

ETA: oh wait I just realized what you said.  There is already a Constitutional Amendment to stop taxing voting.  So somebody should just tell them about the 2nd Admendment and then they would just drop it. That's how it works, right?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wingnut116ACW] [#32]
If you need a copy of my unredacted hand grenade Form 1 or some nice studio shots of the device itself, you just let me know.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Wingnut116ACW:
If you need a copy of my unredacted hand grenade Form 1 or some nice studio shots of the device itself, you just let me know.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/Wingnut116ACW/frag_zpsg0undmzo.jpg
View Quote

Are you still thinking about doing an antipersonnel mine?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Well yeah, just don't have the extra cash for the stamp.  Getting an M203 at the moment.  But you should follow stuff at reardendarmament.com for more destructive device developments.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Well yeah, just don't have the extra cash for the stamp.  Getting an M203 at the moment.  But you should follow stuff at reardendarmament.com for more destructive device developments.
View All Quotes

Most destructive devices cost more than my Land Cruiser. I'm afraid to follow stuff that will cause me to lust over things I ought not spend the money on.

If no one has said this to you today, please allow me to thank you for building and documenting your hand grenade. It warms my heart and pleases me at several levels that there are good people out there pushing the envelope and experiencing the very fringes of freedom. Inspirational shit right there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link for the podcast.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

If NOLO said that an approved Form 1 for the mine would help the case, I will put up the tax money.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#38]
 The Id would have the tax.
View Quote

You're a bit late.
The only way the Indiana voter ID law (the first in the nation) passed a constitutional challenge is because the law provided free state IDs to the indigent.
Without that provision the law would have been declared void.
Imposing a tax on the ID would have the same result.

"The life of the law has not been logic; it has been experience." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. The Common Law (1881)

Experience tells me that the courts treat voting differently than the RKBA is treated. If experience does not teach you the same lesson, you need more of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:

You're a bit late.
The only way the Indiana voter ID law (the first in the nation) passed a constitutional challenge is because the law provided free state IDs to the indigent.

"The life of the law has not been logic; it has been experience." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. The Common Law (1881)

Experience tells me that the courts treat voting differently than the RKBA is treated. If experience does not teach you the same lesson, you need more of it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:
 The Id would have the tax.

You're a bit late.

I am aware of that but my point was for it to be in the same law so that the challenge would be together.  Force them to agree that a tax on a right is unconstitutional or it is constitutional.  Leave them will not retreat.  Its  either all yes or all no.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

it will be live and i'll post up the link once i receive it.  my only condition was no video!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:
Link for the podcast.

it will be live and i'll post up the link once i receive it.  my only condition was no video!

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Link for the podcast.

10-4
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I've said for years that some state needs to pass a voter registration and  ID requirement that would be a copy of the Massachusetts FID or Illinois FOID requirements, including the fees and disqualifiers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Most destructive devices cost more than my Land Cruiser. I'm afraid to follow stuff that will cause me to lust over things I ought not spend the money on.

If no one has said this to you today, please allow me to thank you for building and documenting your hand grenade. It warms my heart and pleases me at several levels that there are good people out there pushing the envelope and experiencing the very fringes of freedom. Inspirational shit right there.
View All Quotes

Pretty sure you can actually do a 60mm mortar for the price of a nicer AR with optics.  Mine was only $2500, and I have a very nice mortar.

And there is talk of many, many more DDs becoming available and cheap.  Soon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I had a comment here about what is legal vs banned under the current scheme, but I don't really need to give the antis ideas of more things that they aren't aware of that they will demand banning.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Link for the podcast.

I've seen him, you're not missing much
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xxprince] [#47]
Nvm
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RockHard13F:

Pretty sure you can actually do a 60mm mortar for the price of a nicer AR with optics.  Mine was only $2500, and I have a very nice mortar.

And there is talk of many, many more DDs becoming available and cheap.  Soon.
View Quote

Keep talking. You've got my attention.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#50]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenVlxBEEdI

live now
View Quote
Listening now.

Page / 224
Top Top