Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2019 1:49:08 PM EDT
I have plenty of vices, being a research monkey being one of them, but so far vaping is not.  Not going to tell him he can not do something that is beyond my control to stop (he does not live with us).  He is doing it because it is cool.

I figured if the bald old fat man becomes interested, that should really screw up the cool factor.  So as part of my research, I would love advice on practical methods of cloud chasing.  Being an obnoxious bald old fat man would be even less cool.  To put into a rifle anoalogy that I understand better-looking for a 458 socom of vaping machines (mod, head, whatever the lingo is).  50bmg table top is not necessary, but 45/70 could be cool too.  Not afraid of building my own and don’t mind reloading.

Stepson is using cartridges,  Not necesssrily wanting to drip, but really don’t know much about this.  I am into flashlights and have a “few” cough cough high amp 18650 batteries and a good charger.  As such might be personally inclined to go with that style of battery.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 3:18:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grinning_bob] [#1]
I have no idea what you just posted.  

Except that your stepson is vaping.

ETA:  I thought this thread was in GD.  No disrespect to the papers here.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By grinning_bob:
I have no idea what you just posted.  

Except that your stepson is vaping.

ETA:  I thought this thread was in GD.  No disrespect to the papers here.  
View Quote
In short:

kids do things 'cause they're cool, because adults don't do them and often look down on them.

So if dad starts doing it, it's no longer cool, and the appeal to do it dies, and so the kid stops doing it.

OP's kid is vaping, so OP wants to start vaping and 1-up his son so it's no longer cool. Which is friggin' genius and hilarious both. In on this thread because I'm interested tbh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You should find out who his crush is and pay her like $20 to tell him she thinks it’s super lame/gross.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:24:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JimmyAR] [#4]
My son is 18 and graduates this year, I caught him with a vape pipe thing in his room.  I took it from him and chucked it out into the woods.    We talked about it, and that was pretty much the end of the vaping.

Now I just found out from the wife, he and his girlfriend are having sex.  And that talk went pretty well also. That said her parents according to him do not know yet, and I told him we would not say anything to them, yet..

They are both good kids, which is nice.  As for your step son that's a tough one.  Try and talk with him if you can.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping that you would have said, "so I chucked her into the woods too"
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:50:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#6]
When he was 14, him and his older sister petitioned the court to change custody from my wife, to their dad.  Both moved away from the dad within a week of turning 18.  He is living with his girlfriends family.  His girlfriends older brother (who is also living there) got him into vaping with his friends.  I see him at most every other weekend, and that is totally at his discretion.

On the side note, the family he is living with for the most part is fairly conservative.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
"Vape " liquids containing THC are pretty widely available and popular due to the fact they do not emit the recognizable odor of marijuana (not that there's anything wrong with that, nudge, nudge, know what I mean)

"Boy, you smokin' dope?"
"No sir, this is a vape rig, it's just water vapor, mary jane and tabac are icky and bad for you"
"Oh, yeah hey good boy, go deep I'll throw you a pass"
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 10:38:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#8]
Yeh, I know. While I know it is poor form to steal a hit from someone else’s rig,I find it amusing how he reacted when my wife threatened to take a hit off his.

In college I had a roommate who was a dealer and later lived in a co-op near UT. While I would never admit to anything illegal-i think I can safely say I have been around recreation drugs a couple times.  While it was way pre-vape, More the era of hookahs and shrooms. My first experience living there involved someone wholesaling sheets from a phish tour
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 3:27:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#9]
Mostly just bumping the thread along.

Been researching wildly (while hoping to get suggestions here).  Have a Geek Vape Aegis Legend, a Drop Dead RDA, some wicks and some coils in a cart.  Might go back and ditch the Geek Vape coils and instead get some wrapping supplies - but the coils are cheep enough ($1-$2 each).  Not sure on juice, but looking at some Naked 100.  A Geek Vape Zeus X is also in the cart, but it might be a tad redundant at this point.

Was planning on going to the closest to local vape shop today yesterday, but it just did not happen.  Will probably be going to the vet in a few hours - wifes lab got hit by a car.  I think she is ok, but sore, talked with after hours vet and since she was not visibly bleeding or showing symptoms of internal bleeding was told to wait till they opened.  If I go to the vet, bet vape shop will be put off another day.
—-
Decided to figure out if my 18650’s were gtg.  3500mah, but max 10a constant output.  Bit on the week side for the Legend.  Will need to get a bit higher output batteries unless I want to risk damaging them and me.
—-
Well, addiction ordered.  I am lying to myself about doing this to help my stepson stop a bad habit.  Fuck it, I know I want to try it.  I am pretty sure my wife wants her brother to use it to get off of smoking.  My wife is also tempted herself.  She went to 2 vape shops Monday night.  She was in a great mood after the first one, they were just out of stock of the unit she had decided on.  Then she went in to the second and came out silent.  I am almost sure the problem was the kid working the shop wanted to be cool with her friends rather than help a customer - don’t know what she did to ruin my wife’s mood, other than tell her to go somewhere else if she wanted advice (fuck, already know the internet is cheaper, but I can afford jacked prices to get some customer support other than fuck off and leave).

Anyway, hope the stuff I ordered works ok together.  Ended up adding a second Naked 100 juice to the cart (some -0- nic, just to keep the no addiction lie going a bit more), a tool kit (including some wire) and some 30a batteries.
—-
OH, forgot the most important update - Ruby the lab is ok.  She is real sore and milking the extra house dog attention, but her limp is already getting better.  Will probably be back to 95% in a couple days.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
My son is 18 and graduates this year, I caught him with a vape pipe thing in his room.  I took it from him and chucked it out into the woods.    We talked about it, and that was pretty much the end of the vaping.

Now I just found out from the wife, he and his girlfriend are having sex.  And that talk went pretty well also. That said her parents according to him do not know yet, and I told him we would not say anything to them, yet..

They are both good kids, which is nice.  As for your step son that's a tough one.  Try and talk with him if you can.
View Quote
After reading about the mod getting thrown into the woods I thought the second part was going to go way different...

If he is 18 why not let him vape if he wants to? I understand its a fine line between your house your rules and the fact that he is an adult.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 11:18:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#11]
I am somewhat torn on the whole thing.  I could partially care less about a kids age - I am a fairly firm believer in your house, your rules.  They have the option not to be at your house...  Then again, I have had 2 kids move out of my house via changing custody and then move out totally on their 18th birthday because their bio-dad believed much as I do (his house, his rules).  We have lost years of lives with my wife’s kids due to it - so I fully accept the “So how is that working out for you” reply.  Personally I think it is a sad commentary on society where a kid can go tell their parents to fuck off, then apply for government aid to pay for it.

Likewise, parents to some degree can see the maturity level of their kids - and I fully understand that many of these kids are not mature enough to be making a fairly life changing decision about starting a long term addiction.

BUT, if they are 18, and actually mature enough to be on their own (without sucking the government tit) - at some point I do need to side with personal liberties.  Far be it for me to want to be the full time parent for a generation of Peter Pans.  More over, it is not the fucking job of Government to be anyone’s parent (accept for ward’s of the state).

I do find it somewhat funny that my stepson feels he is the mature one, both in vaping, and telling his mom that she should not.  What I don’t find as funny is the Government trying to tell me I can not do this.  That while I might be allowed to do it, I should not be able to enjoy doing it with flavors that I want.  That while I might be allowed to do it, I should be forced to drive to special stores to purchase supplies (closest minimal store to me is an hr round trip).

Which leaves me to were I am currently standing.  I am not an addict who wants to use this to recover.  I do feel the desire to stand in solidarity with those who are tired as fuck of a nanny government telling us that if we disagree with it we are the problem.  I see too many parallels of this with drinking and gun ownership not to want to protect their rights.  (I think it is stupid that passengers in a car can not have a drink.  I think the legal limits to drinking and driving are arbitrarily low.  I think we have a right to keep and bare arms for sport, for protection, for whatever the fuck we want to legally do with them.  I am sick as fuck being told my rights need to be impaired for the children.

Oh and they can also keep their hands off my bacon, lard fried potatoes and my big gulp

Just as the left wants us to believe the only gunnwe should be allowed to own is a muzzle loading musket. I can see them trying to tell us we can keep tobacco if we smoke it in a homemade corn cob pipe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top