BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First time I got drunk I was in 4th grade.  

I was walking to school and saw an unopened can of beer laying on the ground outside of a bar I walked by every morning on the way to school.

I picked it up and it was still cold, and thought, Hmmm, Dad drinks this and proceeded to open and drink it.

By the time I got to school I couldn't walk up the steps, the school called my Dad and said "Your son's drunk, come get him"

Dad was like wtf? how the hell did you get drunk? I told him and got a good talking to.  
View Quote

My grandparents 50th anniversary had two punch bowls. One regual and one spiked. No one was monitoring the spiked and we see my 9yo cousin becoming weirder and weirder.

He was drunk as a skunk 20 minutes later. Funniest shit ever!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, my old man told us boys: "You boys are teenagers now. Don't mess with drugs, or your asses will be on the street, a promise. If you do stupid stuff that gets you in jail, I'll let you sit there an won't post bail. I can't stop you from drinking. If you do get drunk, stay where you got drunk. I catch you drinking and driving, I'll take you to jail myself."

First time my and my brother got shitfaced was during a night of fishing with some buds. Beer and shitty booze acquired via a local bootlegger. Though we cautioned each other on quietly entering our sleeping household, I think Lil Bro stumbled into every piece of furniture in the house before passing out cold on his bed. I, on the other hand, made it through the obstacle course like a snake. Only issue was a dose of bed spins when I hit the pillow. I recall hearing my dad's belly laughter (all the way from his bedroom) as I ralphed in the toilet. We skinned by the rules on that one because the fishing hole was within walking distance.

The good old days.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's legal to allow your child to drink alcohol under supervision in many states
View Quote

Yep.

You did good OP.

Better to have him drink his first time with you at home than anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP, my old man told us boys: "You boys are teenagers now. Don't mess with drugs, or your asses will be on the street, a promise. If you do stupid stuff that gets you in jail, I'll let you sit there an won't post bail. I can't stop you from drinking. If you do get drunk, stay where you got drunk. I catch you drinking and driving, I'll take you to jail myself."

First time my and my brother got shitfaced was during a night of fishing with some buds. Beer and shitty booze acquired via a local bootlegger. Though we cautioned each other on quietly entering our sleeping household, I think Lil Bro stumbled into every piece of furniture in the house before passing out cold on his bed. I, on the other hand, made it through the obstacle course like a snake. Only issue was a dose of bed spins when I hit the pillow. I recall hearing my dad's belly laughter (all the way from his bedroom) as I ralphed in the toilet. We skinned by the rules on that one because the fishing hole was within walking distance.

The good old days.
View Quote

I came home drunk one night in high school and ruined my stealthy entrance by catching the AC thermostat with my face and ripping it off the wall

My dad was not laughing
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#5]
My parents let me drink a little as a teen, kinda took the mystery it of it, they told me they knew teens are going to drink, just don't drive. I didn't get drunk until I was 18. And a few months later I got blackout shitfaced while camping and that pretty much told me where the line was and I've never been near that drunk again. I don't think I even had a drink on my 21st. I know the most of the kids with alcohol problems at the time had strict parents.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In before a Child Protective Services, the local police, the state police, and BATFE arrive, arrest you and charge you with felony child endangerment, take your son and place him in a foster home in the inner city, seize your home under civil asset forfeiture, red flag you, and shoot your dog.

Put another way, why on earth did you think it appropriate to admit to a crime involving your son in an online forum?
View Quote

LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL LOFL
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In before a Child Protective Services, the local police, the state police, and BATFE arrive, arrest you and charge you with felony child endangerment, take your son and place him in a foster home in the inner city, seize your home under civil asset forfeiture, red flag you, and shoot your dog.

Put another way, why on earth did you think it appropriate to admit to a crime involving your son in an online forum?
View Quote

Can't tell if trolling or alcohol fetal syndrome.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]
My parents were the same way when I was that age, when I was 16 we went on a cruise to Honduras, the water there Is a little risqué to drink, so beer it was
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
My son is too young right nw to drink but when he gets to an appropriate age, I will absolutely let him have a few beers.  In high school, we drank partly because we weren't supposed to.  It was like getting away with drinking was half of the thrill.  I'm another person who would much rather my son learn his limits and the effects of alcohol in a controlled environment rather than him having a few beers and getting behind the wheel to drive while he's at a friend's house or some party.  I'm usually pretty good about knowing when I need to stop so I can get up in the morning but there have been a few times when I turn into the "two-beer queer" and feel a buzz after two drinks.  Knowing how alcohol impact you is probably the most important thing to know if you're going to drink.  And you can bet that teenagers are going to drink.  

A few beers enjoyed responsibly at home takes away the taboo of it.  I'm not going to encourage my son to drink but I know it's likely to happen and I hope I get to use those instances as learning experiences rather than be some hard ass with a rigid line regarding typical teen behavior.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool now make him smoke an entire pack of cigarettes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My son is 16. Never had a sip of alcohol before tonight never had an interest in it. Straight A student and very active in football and Ag. Since the corona shutdown he has worked out five hours a day on his own.

We had some friends over tonight and he wanted to drink so we let him. He only had four beers but he is shitfaced and it is quite hilarious. I figured he was going to do this eventually one way or another and I am glad he is at home.

Maybe I am a bad parent maybe I am not. I would much rather him do it here than somewhere else.
View Quote

When I was in high school a friends parents use to let him throw party's at home and allow everyone to drink. The kicker was once you showed up you have to give up your car keys and could only leave if your parent came to get you. I ask his dad one time why they did that and he said you all are going to party somewhere better here where the wife and I can keep an eye on everyone as opposed to all of you partying at the river where someone might drown or drink and drive.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope I approve. Good dad, maybe now when when the peer pressures on he can be like, nope been there done that. Not like your the knuckle head supplying a kids friends like when I was growing up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like cops would not appreciate this thread. Seems ike a stupid fucking thing to post.

Nope I approve. Good dad, maybe now when when the peer pressures on he can be like, nope been there done that. Not like your the knuckle head supplying a kids friends like when I was growing up

I don't disapprove, I may of done the same and couldn't be more proud of my kids that are grown and successful.
It's the,  I think I'll start a thread about it, that I disagree with.
.No big deal
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I mean it was bound to happen but I will give you the cautionary tale of being the "cool parents" who let teens drink.

When I was 18 most of my friends were still seniors in HS and one girl had "the cool mom" who let her have these insane partys at their house and even stocked the fridge. She was always hanging out and everyone loved her and she loved the attention, and smoked weed with the teens and so forth. Almost everyone had to lie about where they were going because no ones parents wanted them near that house.

Well she had a daughter who she let party and have fun with all her friends, but I don't know why she was so naive that she thought this girl was a virgin but she did. She even let this girl go visit her college aged BF at Penn State for a week.

Well her daughter being the whore she was, got knocked up and found out while she was at Penn State with the BF. Her mom was deviated, how could her angel be knocked up, I mean she was fine with everyone elses kids getting laid at her house party's but not her own kid.

So fast forward now like 10 years and I'll paint a picture of the daughter.

She lost custody of the kid to her parents, after she repeatedly locked the INFANT alone in the bathroom during her apartment partys, and the BF wanted nothing to do with being a teenage father and signed away his rights and besides making his child support payments, has gone out of his way to block her from any communication. The daughter has to pay child support to her parents, and when they moved to FL she tagged along for some reason.

She has been homeless more then any one person I have ever seen. She crys all over facebook about how horrible "XYZ" is after finally finding a place to live, and is usually evicted in 2-3 months and the cycle repeats.

She dropped out of HS her senior year, with her moms permission and got her "just as good GED" and she has only worked as a tanning salon attendant and a barista, and she has been in and out of work almost as much as she's homeless.

She constantly complains about not being allowed to see her kid, but she also won't lift a finger to pay what she owes, instead using the money to fund countless tattoo's even when shes complaining about being broke or being homeless. She's in and out of the mental ward for posting suicide threats on FB.

She is currently being evicted from an illegal warehouse she was living in, for not paying rent and is so broke she announced to everyone on FB that she was now on "Only Fans".

Don't be the cool parent OP. It never works out.
View Quote

Bull Shit there's a difference between a cool parent and a don't care reckless parent
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#14]
In my past experience (teenager in the 70's), the people I knew with the "cool parent(s)" turned out questionable at best. Many of them dropped out of school and/or continued down the drug road.

Granted, it was a different time, but I would be careful with what you allow or condone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]
My parents used to buy us beer with the same philosophy........better to have us drinking at home.

It was well intentioned, but I don’t think it was a good idea.  First, it normalized drinking and made it way too acceptable for a young kid. At first we would drink a bit home, but that wore out quick.  Kids like to drink in groups........parties.  We would drink at home.......then sneak out.  Then we just got used to the drinking and avoided the at-home drinking completely and figured out how to get our liquor on our own.  That wasn’t difficult.

With my own kids, I never did such a thing.  I am no longer a drinker and they never saw me or my wife drinking and we were pretty strict with out no drinking rules.  It worked out ok.......none of my 4 kids gave us any trouble in the drinking or drugs department.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#16]
That's legal in WI.

I think its a valid thing to expose your kids to alcohol in a controlled environment. When I went off to school I realized the ones that had never been exposed to alcohol tended to overdo it to a greater extent than those who had had some experience drinking.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Nothing wrong with this.  Another one of many government overreaches with the drinking and smoking ages.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Seems like cops would not appreciate this thread. Seems ike a stupid fucking thing to post.
View Quote

What about cops that do the same as OP?

What if OP is a cop?

Mind blown
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
If OP has a daughter and he found her fucking her boyfriend on the couch, would he be glad she was "doing it at home rather than somewhere else"?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve been drinking with my dad since about 14. He got into the red wine is healthy craze, and that expanded into whiskies.

If you teach your kids right, they know and love the good stuff. When they go off to college or adulthood, they won’t drink the cheap shit, which keeps them from doing stupid shit at parties.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#21]
did you get him some weed to try as well?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why, they didn't get to drink like other 16 year olds and became cop as a result?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

did you get him some weed to try as well?
View Quote

Or some nose candy? Maybe pop some Molly and trip balls and go to a rave?

Because that's like, the same thing, yo.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My son is 16. Never had a sip of alcohol before tonight never had an interest in it. Straight A student and very active in football and Ag. Since the corona shutdown he has worked out five hours a day on his own.

We had some friends over tonight and he wanted to drink so we let him. He only had four beers but he is shitfaced and it is quite hilarious. I figured he was going to do this eventually one way or another and I am glad he is at home.

Maybe I am a bad parent maybe I am not. I would much rather him do it here than somewhere else.
View Quote

Keep him home!

The neighbor of a friend had a high school graduation party Friday night that was swarmed by kids - all drinking.  The host parents allowed it.  One kid left at 4am got in his car, took out my friend's mailbox and then hit a parked car head-on at a pretty good clip.

Police arrived, cuffed the kid and then went after the host parents.  Not sure how the rest played out.  The underage drinking thing has changed a lot and the kid and the parents are going to have some difficult days ahead.  Luckily, the kid didn't get very far, he easily could have killed someone on the main road.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Jesus, the Karens in this thread.

Better to remove the mystique and learn the limits in a safe environment and under parental supervision than with teenage knuckleheads God-knows-where.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If OP has a daughter and he found her fucking her boyfriend on the couch, would he be glad she was "doing it at home rather than somewhere else"?
View Quote

Now, that's a stretch worthy of Plastic-Man..

We let our daughter start having wine with meals at about 13 or so. Maternal grandpa was kind of a wine snob. She wanted to try a beer while I was grilling I said sure. It gave an opportunity to teach lessons that would come in handy later in life for a young woman - like don't let strange men fix your drinks. Keep your drink with you. Pace yourself. My wife was fully on board with it, maybe even more so than me.

In the end it all turned out fine. No blackout drinking or fucking the boyfriend on the couch at home. Just using alcohol like a responsible adult. As OP is trying to teach.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now, that's a stretch worthy of Plastic-Man..

We let our daughter start having wine with meals at about 13 or so. Maternal grandpa was kind of a wine snob. She wanted to try a beer while I was grilling I said sure. It gave an opportunity to teach lessons that would come in handy later in life for a young woman - like don't let strange men fix your drinks. Keep your drink with you. Pace yourself. My wife was fully on board with it, maybe even more so than me.

In the end it all turned out fine. No blackout drinking or fucking the boyfriend on the couch at home. Just using alcohol like a responsible adult. As OP is trying to teach.
View Quote
Sounds sensible, but OP evidently let his son go until the kid was shit-faced, which I think is a different thing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

yeah but what about the heroin tomorrow?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gateway drug

Good luck with your little reefer addict

Drinking at age 16 won't affect his GAT3 pump density.

yeah but what about the heroin tomorrow?

You are obviously joking, but you reminded me of this study that found that only about 10% of returning heroin users from Vietnam maintained their addiction. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1775687/
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I love how the Karen's in here act like they never drank underage...

I remember when I was very young, like 5 or 6, my parents always told me to NEVER drink my dad's coke, but they wouldn't tell me why. He'd come home from work every so often and pour himself one in a glass. Well one day they weren't looking and my curiosity got the best of me so I went and took a huge swig. Tasted like shit, due to to rum inside it
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Teens often get in trouble or in too deep when they drink for the first time at a party or with a group of friends out side their home. They have no point of reference then bam, they go from sober to trashed before they know what hit them.

You know at some point almost all kids are going to try it and being under your watch is much better.
Much better that he have his first beer/first drunk experience at home under your supervision.

edit: Americans have a much different attitude toward alcohol than Europeans. French and Spanish kids often have wine with meals from a relatively young age.
Americans make it like an adult right of passage. Europeans treat it like its just a beverage.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Your house your rules. I wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So when is Meth Night?
View Quote

Yep, gotta let them try everything since they are eventually gonna do it anyways...RIGHT?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I would have started with smaller amounts earlier than 16. Takes away the mystery.

Nothing wrong with a 16 yo drinking with parents. Perhaps not shit  faced but nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup. Not surprised to see an 18yr old kid having a beer with pops at the bar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal in WI too.

Yeah, the drinking age in Wisconsin is 21. Those under the legal drinking age may be served, possess, or consume alcohol if they are with a parent, legal guardian, or spouse who is of legal drinking age.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm out of this thread.

The arrogant and extreme reactions to a father supervising his son, making a wise decision, posting it and sharing it with you assholes is too much drama.

Bye bitches.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#37]
When I was 17 I came home at 2:00 AM toasted. My Mom was a slapper and met me at the door. She hauled off with her right hand and I caught her by the wrist. She tried with the left and I caught it. I then said, “What are you going to do now?”

She kicked me in the nuts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#38]
My mom let me drink at home when I was a teenager.  I even smoked weed with her (one time).

Looking back I have to wonder what the fuck was she thinking. No way I would ever encourage my kids to use alcohol or drugs.  WTF.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Once I got “busted” drunk for the first time, my mom would always buy me alcohol. Reason being she knows which of my friends’ houses I’m being dropped off/picked up, how much I’m drinking, and that I’m not doing anything stupid to try to get my underage hands on alcohol.

I think it’s a good approach. I always had a ride, no worries about DUI, trouble for having a fake ID etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#40]
It was hard to drink in front of my parents until I was around 25. I rememember my dad catching me drunk as a minor and telling me he would never drink with me and not to ask that it was disrespectful. Shit, that has changed since then. It's legal here inTexas, even if I want to take my minor son and have drink with me at the bar. Better me than our driving around drunk. When I moved to the little town im in now, my friends would constantly tell me about going to the bar with their dads back in 94
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#41]
If my parents werent so overprotective and I wasnt such a teenage shit, I probably wouldnt have ended up destroying my 20s like I did once i was out on my own.

I have no problems with this. I had alcohol poisoning twice in high school.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This has to be performance art.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's how I was raised.  Disclosed when I was hired by both agencies I worked for.  No issues.  How does discretion work?

Officer discretion is one of the first things I complained about on here. Rules are rules. When its not about the rule, then it becomes about authority, instead of enforcing the law. Officer discretion leads to "I don't like this guy, going to give him a tick." and "I like this guy, he's getting a warning." Based mostly on feels. If a rule isn't worth enforcing fully every time its seen, it should be done away with. How is it fair and just to let one guy off and write a citation to the next? Aren't we supposed to be treated equally under the law?

Back in the day I used to be a QC inspector. If I wrote up one guy and let another guy off because of my personal feels, I'd get fired. Or if I just said "I dont like that rule/regulation, I think I'm just not going to enforce it." Sorry your job paid by the taxpayers is to enforce the law. Not pick which rules you think should be enforced in your little version of America. Do your job.

This has to be performance art.

Performance art tends to be incomprehensibly stupid, but that doesn't mean everything that's incomprehensibly stupid is performance art.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Dumb idea.

I get it. But, I disagree.

I had no idea it was legal to give minors alcohol. Familial consent.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#44]
I got that beat... my son was shit faced drunk at 2 yrs old.

It a very long story in an archived thread....
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I mean it was bound to happen but I will give you the cautionary tale of being the "cool parents" who let teens drink.

When I was 18 most of my friends were still seniors in HS and one girl had "the cool mom" who let her have these insane partys at their house and even stocked the fridge. She was always hanging out and everyone loved her and she loved the attention, and smoked weed with the teens and so forth. Almost everyone had to lie about where they were going because no ones parents wanted them near that house.

Well she had a daughter who she let party and have fun with all her friends, but I don't know why she was so naive that she thought this girl was a virgin but she did. She even let this girl go visit her college aged BF at Penn State for a week.

Well her daughter being the whore she was, got knocked up and found out while she was at Penn State with the BF. Her mom was deviated, how could her angel be knocked up, I mean she was fine with everyone elses kids getting laid at her house party's but not her own kid.

So fast forward now like 10 years and I'll paint a picture of the daughter.

She lost custody of the kid to her parents, after she repeatedly locked the INFANT alone in the bathroom during her apartment partys, and the BF wanted nothing to do with being a teenage father and signed away his rights and besides making his child support payments, has gone out of his way to block her from any communication. The daughter has to pay child support to her parents, and when they moved to FL she tagged along for some reason.

She has been homeless more then any one person I have ever seen. She crys all over facebook about how horrible "XYZ" is after finally finding a place to live, and is usually evicted in 2-3 months and the cycle repeats.

She dropped out of HS her senior year, with her moms permission and got her "just as good GED" and she has only worked as a tanning salon attendant and a barista, and she has been in and out of work almost as much as she's homeless.

She constantly complains about not being allowed to see her kid, but she also won't lift a finger to pay what she owes, instead using the money to fund countless tattoo's even when shes complaining about being broke or being homeless. She's in and out of the mental ward for posting suicide threats on FB.

She is currently being evicted from an illegal warehouse she was living in, for not paying rent and is so broke she announced to everyone on FB that she was now on "Only Fans".

Don't be the cool parent OP. It never works out.
View Quote

Jesus she sounds like a mess, you got her number?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

FFS, lets not turn this into a Russia dossier.

In several (if not all) states, minors can consume alcohol on private property with parental consent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FFS, lets not turn this into a Russia dossier.

In several (if not all) states, minors can consume alcohol on private property with parental consent.

I was curious about this. It’s illegal in bama. My dad would always let me try whatever he was drinking if I wanted to. He didn’t drink much. I am of the opinion that kids are going to do stupid shit. If they do it away from home they’re way more likely to fuck up. I don’t know how I’m alive today. It should be up to the parents. If they think their kid is responsible enough to have a drink at home so be it. It’s funny to read through a thread like this and see all of the people that don’t freedom.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Rite of passage growing up in the upper Midwest.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, see it all the time here.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Legal in my state with a guardian.

We used to have parties in high school where parents provided alcohol and we drank.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.  Jesus, how do people live their lives like this.
Page / 5
Top Top