User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, what happens when you shine UV light on the upholstery?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Borla type S exhaust in my experience give great sound without being obnoxious in early hours and doesn't drone on the highway. Exhaust drone kicks the bloom off the rose, real quick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome job on your son's part, I remember that thread.
View Quote

I agree with both of these.

to you and your son OP!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope he burned tons of ricers
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad he didn't total it.

I have the mbrp street version. Sounds good, not overly loud when cruising, but opens the gates of hell at WOT. Make sure you spend the extra hundred or so to get the stainless version.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I had v8 sports cars since I was 16. Mostly 3rd gen GM F bodies and and Ford foxbody mustangs and never once had an accident or ticket in any of them. I rode them hard, learned quickly the limits of the car and respected them. Did burnouts, drag raced and spent weekend nights cruising the main street in our town a long with the other kids and had fun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I think all children should drive the biggest peice of shit you can find for a first car.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A little over a year ago, my ex-wife and my sons returned from Hawaii to find a new Kona Blue Mustang GT in the driveway.  My ex's parents had purchased it as a birthday gift for my then 15 year old son.

I was not thrilled about it to say the least. I had no input in the decision.  I remember how I was when I got my license.  

I posted about it here and the same doom and gloom in my head appeared in the replies.  I said then and I will say now that he is a wonderful son with a damn good head on his shoulders.

I am happy and so very proud to report that my son's 17th birthday is today and he made it through his maiden driving year without a ticket or an accident. Holy shit.

Sure, it was a different year with COVID19 and all, but he put 6,000+ miles on that car.  I know damn well he wasn't driving Miss Daisy around and his safe and legal year was as much luck as level-headedness.  But I couldn't have done the same.

So, I intend to do what any other proud, responsible, red-blooded American father would do.  We are researching exhaust options from Roush, Borla, and others right now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/IMG_20210116_102700_jpg-1781753.JPG
View Quote

Badass on having a badass son!

That kinda looks like a Kingwood neighborhood lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got kids on my street that fly up and down in junk and then there's a kid with a newer mustang and he is always driving properly. I've seen him around town and he drives like a champ.  His dad also has a newer stang and they are always working on them together so its not the car but how someone is raised.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Supercharge it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember.....I doubted.  Sounds like he has a healthy respect for the law and for horse power that can kill you in the blink of an eye.  

When I was 24-25 I built a ‘73 Z-28 with a 6-71 blower.  I learned about deadly horse power at an early age as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Badass on having a badass son!

That kinda looks like a Kingwood neighborhood lol
View Quote

It is Kingwood.

Which makes it more amazing.  Half-brown kid in a 5.0 in lily-white Kingwood avoiding attention from the po-po.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is Kingwood.

Which makes it more amazing.  Half-brown kid in a 5.0 in lily-white Kingwood avoiding attention from the po-po.
View Quote

Tell him to be aware of the gray 4cylinder mustang with a single exhaust.....

Its pushing 550whp and has put a hurt on a lot of v8s around there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So, I intend to do what any other proud, responsible, red-blooded American father would do.  We are researching exhaust options from Roush, Borla, and others right now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/IMG_20210116_102700_jpg-1781753.JPG
View Quote

I went with Roush axle backs and a Steeda H-pipe on my '16 GT
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Seriously, that's quite the accomplishment.  

My first couple of driving years were not ticket or accident free.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Bassani X pipe with high flow cats & magnaflow exhaust
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Borla cat back
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Skip bolt on doodads, buy him some high performance driving instruction.
View Quote

This is my vote too. Unfortunately that leads to a crack problem of expensive track days, brakes, and tires.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's very nice being born into wealth like that.
View Quote

I wasn't, born that way, but my first car was a '71 Challenger that I put together from multiple wrecks.  I think deddy had $400 in the final assembly before paint and engine. Cousin painted it.  I think the engine was $250.  No one else had anything like it.  It was that time in the early 80s when old cars were faster than new ones.  My car was faster than the rich kids' new camaros, firebirds mustangs.  I did a lot of burnouts in the school parking lot to establish my dominance.  

I got a warning after passing the city poe-lease chief in his personal car.  I might have been 17 by then.

Thus, I bought my son a 4-banger Jeep Cherokee.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My perf pack tires were gone by 5500 miles.

I never did a single burn out.   But I did exceed 1.1g cornering on a regular basis if the accelerometer is to be believed.

They were stupid dangerous in temps below 70deg.   Like roll hard into gas in 3rd gear and would get tire spin.

Went to Nittos when I changed wheels and hate the NT555s.   Not as much warm weather cornering grip despite being wider front/rear but a fair bit better in colder weather.

280 versus 340 tread wear ratings from Perelli to Nitto.

Next up will likely be GT350 sized Michelins.

My 66 is likely to hand my 2015 it's ass soon.
View Quote
Yep. I got new wheels and tires at about 8k miles and my rears were just about to the wear bar at that point. No burnouts but I do like to hang the ass out a little when turning. I replaced them with BFG SportComp2, which are almost as good in good conditions, better in cooler temperatures and rain, and got about double the miles - but they still got hard after a couple years. So I decided to try an all-season... big mistake. No grip.

I just have an H-pipe and stock mufflers. I'd still kind of like it to be a little louder, but it's almost perfect right now. Just a little more natural sounding without being loud. But, more noise means more attention, which can lead to... more tickets. Luckily I don't have any of those yet, although I did get a warning once.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Thats almost like giving a new motorcycle driver the bike in my av pic.

Bad idea but possible
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top