Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Posted: 11/4/2019 9:26:04 PM EDT
This is an update from the locals involved.

On the morning of November 4th, 2019, three mothers in three vehicles, with fourteen children between them, set out from LaMora, a small family community in the mountains of northeastern Sonora. Two of them to see family in Chihuahua, and one of them to pick up her husband from the airport in Phoenix, AZ. They never made it. They were ambushed by the Mexican cartels; shot, burned, and murdered in cold blood. These were innocent civilians, American citizens simply trying to live peaceful lives.

For 11 hours, their families all over Sonora, Chihuahua, and the Midwestern US waited in fear and horror for any news of possible survivors. The first vehicle was found full of bullet holes and completely ablaze. Nita and the four of her seven children she had taken on the trip were burned to mostly ashes and only a few charred bones left to identify that all five had been inside. It appeared that one tried to escape as the front passenger door was open and the remains were partially in and out of the vehicle.

On another part of the road, about 10 miles ahead, were Christina, with her baby Faith in her vehicle, and Dawna with nine children in hers. They both were fired upon from ahead and Christina jumped out waving her arms to let the attackers know that it was women and children in the vehicles. She gave her life to try and save the rest. Dawna and two of her boys were also killed in the gunfire.

After witnessing his mother and brothers being shot dead, Dawna's son Devin hid his 6 other siblings in the bushes and covered them with branches to keep them safe while he went for help. When he took too long to return, his 9 year old sister left the remaining five to try again.  Devin arrived in LaMora at 5:30 pm, 6 hours after the ambush, giving the first news anyone had heard of his and Christina's families.

Devin's uncles armed themselves with guns and returned to try and find the hidden children, knowing many of them were injured. They didn't get far before realizing they would be risking death, since there had been continual shooting for hours, all over the mountains near LaMora. The group of men waited a while for reinforcements, and around 7:30, found the hidden children. They found Christina's baby Faith with the vehicle around her riddled with bullet holes. Somehow she had remained untouched, and alive. She was in her car seat, which looked to have been hurriedly placed on the floor of the vehicle by her mother for protection.

The search didn't end there. Mckenzie, the 9 year old who'd gone for help, was missing. Soldiers who'd by then arrived, and the men of LaMora and nearby towns searched for two hours in the dark until they found her around 9:30.

The five of Dawna's children who were injured were picked up by a waiting ambulance and treated at the local hospital until a helicopter sent by Mexican military came to pick them up. Their father David who had by then arrived from Tucson, Arizona, accompanied them to be life flighted to another helicopter waiting at the US border, from there to be transported to Phoenix.

Devin, his brother Jake, and Christina's baby Faith, all uninjured, are now in the care of their aunts and grandmas in LaMora.

We lost 9 today. Right now we are waiting, for the morning, for answers, for justice.

Dead:

Rhonita Maria Miller September 15, 1989, 30 yrs
Howard Jacob Miller, Jr. July 12, 2007, 12 yrs
Krystal Bellaine Miller, September 25, 2009 10 yrs
Titus Alvin Miller, March 13, 2019 - 8 months
Tiana Gricel Miller, March 13, 2019 - 8 months
(twins)
All shot and burned in their vehicle. Only ashes and a few bones remain.

Father/husband is Howard Sr, who was in North Dakota at the time of attack. The three siblings left behind in LaMora being babysat at the Miller grandparents: Tristan, Amaryllis, and Zack.

Dead:

Christina Marie Langford Johnson - November 23, 1987, shot dead, 19 days away from 32 years

Survived:

Faith Marie Johnson April 9, 2019, 7 months old - was found in her car seat that seemed to be put on the floor, by her mother to try and protect her, uninjured,

Dead:

Dawna Ray Langford, June 19, 1976, 43 years
Trevor Harvey Langford April 4, 2008 11 years old,
Rogan Jay Langford, February 17, 2017 2.5 years old
All shot to death

Survived
Kylie Evelyn Langford, March 8 2005, 14 years - shot in the foot

Devin Blake Langford, July 6 2006, 13 years - uninjured, walked approximately 14 miles to LaMora to get help, after hiding his bleeding but living siblings in the bushes, and covering them with branches

Mckenzie Rayne Langford, January 12 2010, - 9 years - grazed on her arm-  sent by her sister Kylie for help when Devin didn't return soon enough, got lost, and walked approximately 10 miles, for about 4 hours in the dark before she was found by the search parties

Cody Greyson Langford, October 1 2011, 8  years- shot in the jaw, and the leg, his condition was worrying, but at last word, not critical

Jake Ryder Langford, May 22 2013, 6 - uninjured

Xander Boe Langford, June 4 2015, 4 - shot in the back

Brixon Oliver Langford, February 15th 2019, almost 9 months - shot in the chest, open flesh wound, bullet graze on wrist

If you’d like to donate to these wonderful, hurting families. Here is the link.

https://gf.me/u/whdqc4
View Quote
My friend was born and raised in northern Mexico.  His family still lives there, about 60 miles south of the border on a pecan farm, a bunch of white American/Mexicans that have lived there for 50+ years.

This morning a car load of kids with their mom was ambushed and shot to death and the car lit on fire.  A few minutes later another car load of kids with two mothers were shot and killed, then another car was taken and it is currently thought the mother and kids might be alive.  These were simply families driving to town on everyday excursions from the farm.

I have the video of one car.  It was sent to me a few hours ago.  Since then they have sent me many recordings on Whatsapp of gunfire, screaming, kidnappings....  I quit downloading what was sent, I have no desire to hear it.

We don't know the death count of today yet.  The husbands and fathers got what guns they had and are started working their way to the road where the ambushes took place to see if the rumors of some kids left alive are true.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wtf really?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that OP. Sadly, there are Arfcomers who think Mexico is safe.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus. Well that fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn... sorry dude
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
3rd world shithole
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
That is awful.
Are they Mormon?  I only ask because I watched a few video about white american Mormon's that lived there and how they went about procuring firearms.  Either way I'm very sorry about your friends family.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn.  That’s all kinds of messed up.  I honestly don’t know what to say and hope what’s left of your friends family is safe.

We sure don’t need that wall though........
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers for all.  Not to say Mexico was great "back in the day", but it is amazing how far it has fallen in the 25 years.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wtf really?
View Quote
He called me about 11 this morning bawling.  Since then he's called me three more times and I have no idea what to say.  His son was packing to go there to a wedding this weekend, it's believed the mother of the bride is one of the dead.  I'm not sure, I don't know his family at all, other than him and a few of his kids.

He sent me a video of one of the burned cars with the father talking over the video, it's very hard to watch.  For some reason I can't download some of the audio of the gunfights and screaming that he's sent me, but to be honest I'm not trying very hard.  I really don't want to hear it.

I asked him to talk to all of his sons and brother and talk them out of trying to help, it does no good to leave their children as orphans.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Mennonites?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear that .

Do you know why they are targeting mothers and children ?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is awful.
Are they Mormon?  I only ask because I watched a few video about white american Mormon's that lived there and how they went about procuring firearms.  Either way I'm very sorry about your friends family.
View Quote
Yes.  Mormon community about 65 miles south of Douglas AZ.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
That is absolutely horrible. I am sorry to hear that. That place is an absolute shithole.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Prayers for all.  Not to say Mexico was great "back in the day", but it is amazing how far it has fallen in the 25 years.
View Quote
Mexico hasn't fallen, it was pushed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Jesus
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The US has no vacancy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
There was a charity group looking for clandestine burial sites in Sonora today. Gunmen told them to stop. I speak Spanish reasonably well but won't go to Mexico.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/armed-men-threaten-people-searching-for-clandestine-burials1
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#18]
What a giant shit show . I can only assume , by the way that most American politicians act regarding the border, that there are vast amounts of money to be made by keeping shit the way it is instead of how it should be .
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hear OP. Everything will be better when we import all that shit next door instead of over the border.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sad to hear, the Cartel(s) need to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
If that was my family all hell would be coming to Mexico. If they are american contact the US government.  Mexico isn't going to get any better for a while.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#22]
That’s really sad.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn.

Any ideas about their motivations for hitting cars full of kids and moms?  
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#25]
He's (my friend) been told there is a large-scale cartel war on the border of Chihuahua and Sonora. The women just happened to drive into it.

The farm/orchard is right on the border and it doesn't appear the fighting has come onto the farm yet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeebus!!

Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
So what lead to this?

Cartel wanted a cut of their farm and they told them to FOAD?

ETA, just read the reason.

That is fucked up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#28]
The cartels will exist as long as drugs are illegal, and Americans have an insatiable desire for those drugs.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Why anyone that isn't Mexican doesn't get out I don't understand.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope the fathers are able to take care of business and do what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#31]
My concrete foreman has lost a ton of family down in the upside down.

Place is a fucking shithole.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hope the fathers are able to take care of business and do what needs to be done.
View Quote
QFTMFT
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#33]
It is long past  time to deal with this shit, I pray for the children.  But it is past time to deal with these people.  Kill them all
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#34]
The US military will be fighting the Cartels in Mexico within 24 months, just to keep it on that side of the border. That is my prediction and I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m sorry dude.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Truly sorry about your friends op.  That said, we need to as a country do everything we can to keep all of that south of the border.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Are they Americans or Mexicans?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The US military will be fighting the Cartels in Mexico within 24 months, just to keep it on that side of the border. That is my prediction and I hope I'm wrong.
View Quote
I look forward to air support videos.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I really doubt they will do anything but leave their children as orphans, at least the kids remaining.

I was sent a picture of one of the mothers.  She's about 30 and had two twin babies about 6 months old.  She also had her 3 or 4 year old with her, they were all shot and burned in the car.  I also have a video of the car with the father saying he's recording this for evidence, but his voice is cracking the entire time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
3rd world shithole
View Quote
Failed state.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#42]

very sorry to hear this
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Send those videos to that fucking traitor Romney. Show him what his policies will bring to the US
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Prayers for your friends op.

Why we tolerate a balkanized collection of militant narco states right on our border I don't understand. Isn't FID like the primary reason we have SF? I know they've been involved some, but doesn't seem like enough.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I assume they were farming?  Some acquaintances here in the Ag business have been hearing rumors and reports that the cartels are muscling their way into the Avocado and Citrus industries down there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#46]
When can we B52 strike the cartels?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are they Americans or Mexicans?
View Quote
Dual? They spend most of their time working construction in the US, they are white and come from Mormons that went there decades ago to build farming communities.  Most of the year they live and work in the US, but they have a long family history of farming in Mexico.

My friend said they've never had a problem with the cartels before until a few months ago they were told they can't buy diesel from anyone but the cartel.

Then this today- which is still ongoing.

He is still getting Whatsapp messages with gunfire.  They think some have been kidnapped but not really sure if they are alive.  It's not easy to listen to.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It is long past  time to deal with this shit, I pray for the children.  But it is past time to deal with these people.  Kill them all
View Quote
We have been dealing with it.

Our recent former POTUS made sure they had enough guns and ammunition to kill all those women and children that needed killing. He should be extradited and charged with murder.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Condolences OP.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, they won’t.

The U.S. Congress is on the Cartel’s payroll.

TC
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top