Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2024 7:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Quiganomics]
Just started to dip my toes into brewing. The setup I'm using is the Vevor 10 gallon electric all in one, the first brew I decided on was a Hazy IPA. I thought for sure I'd fuck something up, but DAMN is it tasty. I used 9 lbs 2-row, 2 lbs golden promise, 1 lb flaked wheat, 12 oz flaked Oats. Hops were Amarillo, Citra, Mosaic, and Galaxy. Did 2 dry hop additions, kegged it Thursday and tapped it Saturday after carbonating at 30 psi for 36 hours. Here is the second pour from this batch.....my first attempt at brewing.

Edit: Yeast was Wyeast 1318 London Ale III

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty ambitious to go right to full-grain brewing. I am still doing extract brewing mostly because I don't have space to store much equipment. It is a fun hobby and it sounds like you have a pretty good handle on stuff. Brew on!
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My first home-brew was a clone of Black Butte Porter, and it was awesome.  I haven't done much brewing lately.  Thanks for the inspiration.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Seastate:
Pretty ambitious to go right to full-grain brewing. I am still doing extract brewing mostly because I don't have space to store much equipment. It is a fun hobby and it sounds like you have a pretty good handle on stuff. Brew on!
View Quote
That was how I was when I got into bbq. I read everything I could, watched the masters of the craft all I could to learn, and jumped into the deep end. Just how my brain works, I get immersed in something and go all in or nothing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
That looks very drinkable. Well done!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:46:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Quiganomics] [#5]
I just tapped my Spotted Cow Clone last night. Really close but not exact, I'm thinking I need to work on my water profile a bit for this one. Either way, a nice easy drinker...

Attachment Attached File

I also have a wheat beer fermenting that I plan on adding blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries to in the secondary. Just wondering how you all do your fruit additions, in a muslin bag or just dump them in...

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top