Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2023 11:48:00 PM EDT
My six year old french bulldog has had diarrhea and vomiting for sense yesterday. We decided to take him to the Emergency vet tonight and they ran the test and he has parvo. So he will be staying there for 48-72 hours depending on how hes doing.
On a positive note he’s extremely active and alert.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, best of luck for your pal. I had a dog some years ago that also got parvo, my local vet hooked him up to an IV and we had to wait it out. Not much you can do except pray he pulls through. I've been vaccinating my dogs annually since.
Good news is that I think he will be immune when he pulls through for several years.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Was he vaccinated?  

Parvo is one of the best examples of an effective vaccine in veterinary medicine.  I'm shocked to hear that you have a 6 year old dog that has parvo; i've never seen one that old!

Godspeed
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
So I believe the reason he got it is because we live in an apartment complex and where weve been walking him is where everyone else walks there dogs. I do watch them while we walk to make sure there not stepping in anything or smelling stuff they shouldn’t. The vet said hes doing fine. He’s eating, alert, and hasn’t thrown up at all. And they run blood work in the morning and at night and they said it’s consistently good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m47181:
So I believe the reason he got it is because we live in an apartment complex and where weve been walking him is where everyone else walks there dogs. I do watch them while we walk to make sure there not stepping in anything or smelling stuff they shouldn’t. The vet said hes doing fine. He’s eating, alert, and hasn’t thrown up at all. And they run blood work in the morning and at night and they said it’s consistently good.
View Quote

@m47181  is he vaccinated?  If so, when was his last parvo vaccine?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Our pup tested positive today, had to leave her with the vet hopefully no more then just a couple days then she’ll be home.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top