User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:01:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdDinIL] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DL1911:

Noticed the same thing last night.

Went to one store this morning to try to buy some.  The person stocking the sleeves told me they didn't have any and that I had to come back after 7:00.  I asked to talk to a manager.  He checked in one spot and didn't find any.  I told him that it was showing on their website so he offered to check a couple of other places.  He came back with a full box of Minimags after a little while. I bought my 3 box limit and thanked him.

Now if only the other stores in the area would let me purchase before 7:00 so I could get some more on my way into work.  I am sure it will all be gone shortly after 7:00.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EdDinIL:
Argh...  The apps (SWIRE's and Walmart) show CCI Minimags all over the place for the first time in years, and the story I got from one store was that the shipment was cancelled and they haven't cleared the inventory from the system.  They know it shows in stock and checked in back just to be sure.  Either they were blowing smoke up my butt or they were being truthful.  I didn't bother escalating it beyond Sporting Goods.

At least the apps are in agreement!

Noticed the same thing last night.

Went to one store this morning to try to buy some.  The person stocking the sleeves told me they didn't have any and that I had to come back after 7:00.  I asked to talk to a manager.  He checked in one spot and didn't find any.  I told him that it was showing on their website so he offered to check a couple of other places.  He came back with a full box of Minimags after a little while. I bought my 3 box limit and thanked him.

Now if only the other stores in the area would let me purchase before 7:00 so I could get some more on my way into work.  I am sure it will all be gone shortly after 7:00.

Well, that makes me wonder if they were blowing smoke. Dammit.

Double dammit for not owning the page.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By EdDinIL:  Well, that makes me wonder if they were blowing smoke. Dammit.

Double dammit for not owning the page.
View Quote

If it's gone back out of stock, they were blowing smoke up your ass.  They had it, and sold it.  If it's still there, it's an inventory error and may persist for a year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the Perfecta 50 round .223 barcode, saw the 7.62 mentioned a page but not the 5.56.

Ignore this if it's already been posted and I missed it.

And, once again, Thanks Swire for the time and dedication. If you ever put up a kickstarter or gofundme I'm in.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
Mr SWIRE, does the M855 block pick up the ZQI SS109 62 grain in the green box?

My Walmart may have another 50 boxes inbound.

If it does not, no worries...I will use the updates in the M855 availability thread.

UPDATE:  I just checked and the 50 boxes are no longer on order...none at their distribution point.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4
View Quote

Guessing I missed something, how are you guys checking "on order" and "distribution point"?

TIA

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Swire any chance of an update ZQI run? It's been about a month?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mike_Deezy:
Here's the Perfecta 50 round .223 barcode, saw the 7.62 mentioned a page but not the 5.56.

Ignore this if it's already been posted and I missed it.

And, once again, Thanks Swire for the time and dedication. If you ever put up a kickstarter or gofundme I'm in.

View Quote

Can I ask for the perfecta 9mm added too?

Barcode is 1495001300
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
last week the badger was showing 22 LR in stock at all the walmarts around me,  I was able to pick up a few bricks and help my neighbor get some off the app also,  it lasted about a week,  since then every walmart that had 22 has been sold out,  I wonder if WM is sending spurts out to different parts of the country?

I was at Cabelas in FT Mill today and they had a ton of CCI 50 round boxes for 5 bucks each

if you shoot 17 cal they also had an entire shelf of the stuff.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By my2Dogs:  last week the badger was showing 22 LR in stock at all the walmarts around me,  I was able to pick up a few bricks and help my neighbor get some off the app also,  it lasted about a week,  since then every walmart that had 22 has been sold out,  I wonder if WM is sending spurts out to different parts of the country?

I was at Cabelas in FT Mill today and they had a ton of CCI 50 round boxes for 5 bucks each

if you shoot 17 cal they also had an entire shelf of the stuff.
View Quote

WalMart seems to rotate the .22" LR they get pretty well.  There was Federal Target (supersonic) 325 bulk packs across several local WalMarts recently, and then I saw one store had the Winchester 1000 round box in stock.  So if you see some @ one store, it's likely to be @ your other local stores in the same rough time period.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to the app, found some CCI Quiet at my local WM this AM. They didn't have it on the shelf, but they found it in the back.

First time I've been able to buy 22 at WM in over 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Burley:
Thanks to the app, found some CCI Quiet at my local WM this AM. They didn't have it on the shelf, but they found it in the back.

First time I've been able to buy 22 at WM in over 2 years.
View Quote

I saw that the CCI Quiet hit most of the stores in the area.  I missed it at the stores that are closest.  I will wait for large boxes before making the longer trips to get 3 boxes.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By my2Dogs:

View Quote

Cabela's has had those on the website for about 3 weeks solid now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
What happened to the app?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Running fine for me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#14]
My brother's been finding subsonics that are not on the app.  He'll get me the UPCs & I'll pass 'em on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#15]
SWIRE, any reason there's two .308" checkboxes?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D233] [#16]
App didn't help at my local store where it showed federal 22lr in stock, i asked the clerk who agreed to check in back. Even showing in stock he denied having any. Then he says the only 22 we have back there is CCI and we can't sell it because it's not in the computer system.

I just
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By D233:  App didn't help at my local store where it showed federal 22lr in stock, i asked the clerk who agreed to check in back. Even showing in stock he denied having any. Then he says the only 22 we have back there is CCI and we can't sell it because it's not in the computer system.

I just
View Quote

Try customer service, who will see that it's in stock, and get you a manager.  If it goes out of stock by tomorrow, you'll @ least know it was real.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D233:
App didn't help at my local store where it showed federal 22lr in stock, i asked the clerk who agreed to check in back. Even showing in stock he denied having any. Then he says the only 22 we have back there is CCI and we can't sell it because it's not in the computer system.

I just
View Quote

Check BrassBadger and watch that same store. It will tell you how long that particular .22 product has been in stock.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Finnbear:

Check BrassBadger and watch that same store. It will tell you how long that particular .22 product has been in stock.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finnbear:
Originally Posted By D233:

I just

Ask to talk to the store manager.  The clerks usually are clueless or don't want to put forth any effort.

I stopped into a store this morning after seeing ammo show up on SWIRE's app.  I found someone in Sporting Goods to go check in the back.  While I was waiting another supervisor stopped and asked what I was looking for.  After I told her, she made a call to the store manager to ask if the ammo was in.  While she was doing this, the first person came back and said there wasn't any.

I showed them the printout from the Walmart site showing it was in the store.  The second person got back on the radio with the manager.  After a bit she confirmed they had it and I was able to walk out with my ammo.  She told me the best way is to ask the store manager to check as they lock it up in the manager's office when it comes off the truck.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Is there a new version of the app or something?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]
What is .376? A typo?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By konger:  What is .376? A typo?
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.376_Steyr
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Originally Posted By konger:  What is .376? A typo?

I'm familiar with the Steyr, I just never assumed Walmart would actually stock any. That's a pretty oddball cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like Walmart is jacking around with inventory tracking. Can't find .22 ammo on their site like I could and SWIRE's app is not finding anything at all including the items that were hung.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ComputerTech:  Looks like Walmart is jacking around with inventory tracking. Can't find .22 ammo on their site like I could and SWIRE's app is not finding anything at all including the items that were hung.
View Quote

Also not getting any .22" LR results in 5 stores in the Austin area.  Trying .30"-06 as we speak.

.30"-06 gives multiple hits.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#26]
They're definitely screwing with 22LR.
You can't even pull it up in a search on Walmart.com.
Looks like all the other ammo will show up though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:  They're definitely screwing with 22LR.
You can't even pull it up in a search on Walmart.com.
Looks like all the other ammo will show up though.
View Quote

This.  Not even the under 100 count boxes show up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#28]
The Android app is having the same problem.  You can search for ammunition, but any attempt to look for .22LR fails.  I suppose it could just be a glitch, but this feels too focused to be a bug. It could be innocent, too.  It's possible Walmart had to pull all public-faced references to .22LR so they could reorganize it.

Naah, who am I kidding?  It's a conspiracy!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Tried calling Walmart customer support.  They told me they can only search Walmart.com and she can't find it on there.  Maybe I will try later to see if I can get someone willing to put for a little effort.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:51:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#30]
Originally Posted By DL1911:  Tried calling Walmart customer support.  They told me they can only search Walmart.com and she can't find it on there.  Maybe I will try later to see if I can get someone willing to put for a little effort.
View Quote

Look up the SKUs a few pages back, and call a store.  They can punch that number in their computer & tell you how much stock they have on hand.

Also, you can print the SKU bar codes, and scan them yourself if they have their customer service computer self-help kiosk plugged in at customer service.  That will also give you the exact inventory.

It is looking as if they've taken their .22" LR inventory offline to frustrate the hoarders - and us.  We're not hoarders.  

ETA:  All rimfire.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ra-cali] [#31]
It's not just 22 they removed. A lot of the other products were pulled as well. Like 357 and 7.62x39.

Looks like they're onto our 2 year old game. I'm sure the other public sites didn't help matters much.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ra-cali:  It's not just 22 they removed. A lot of the other products were pulled as well. Like 357 and 7.62x39.

Looks like they're onto our 2 year old game. I'm sure the other public sites didn't help matters much.
View Quote

Can't tell if they nixed 7.62x39mm or if Austin is just out.  The .38"/.357" tab isn't returning anything.  

Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Can someone w/ a well stocked WalMart (other than .22" LR) confirm which calibers are still listed & which are not?  Seems .38"/.357" is whacked, but not 9x19mm?  7.62x39mm, but not .223"?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I have all the Walmart .22 lr links saved on my laptop. They no longer work. Walmart is screwing with it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I called and talked to a supervisor for Walmart.com.  I was told that if it is not on the website it is probably not available or no longer sold.  I told them I find it hard to believe that they are no longer selling .22LR. After arguing with them further I was told they reserve the right to remove items from the website.

Hopefully they will come back at some point.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I called and talked to a supervisor for Walmart.com.  I was told that if it is not on the website it is probably not available or no longer sold.  I told them I find it hard to believe that they are no longer selling .22LR. After arguing with them further I was told they reserve the right to remove items from the website.

Hopefully they will come back at some point.
View Quote

They are still selling all the same .22's. I have emailed corporate about why the inventory was shut down and when it will be back 4 times and have not even got a reply and they usually reply quick on other issues. Fortunately I have a friend who unloads the trucks so I can find out what comes in but the inventory was so much easier and other folks don't have the in I do. Anyone have the e-mail for the CEO's office?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By NeverMiss556:  They are still selling all the same .22's. I have emailed corporate about why the inventory was shut down and when it will be back 4 times and have not even got a reply and they usually reply quick on other issues. Fortunately I have a friend who unloads the trucks so I can find out what comes in but the inventory was so much easier and other folks don't have the in I do. Anyone have the e-mail for the CEO's office?
View Quote

If we do, we should probably lobby to bring firearms back to ALL the stores, not just those outside metropolitan areas, rather than worry about their .22" LR inventory.  Then we can lobby to bring pistols back.  THEN ask them to restore their .22" LR inventory online.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Having exact same problem.  
Search showed nothing...
I went to usual Walmart store and they had quite a few different types of 22 bulk.
What the heck is going on?
I just need some 22 ammo for our family shooting gatherings.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#40]
I talked to a walmart sporting goods manager yesterday and he said ever since walmart dropped .22 from their website the amount of people asking about .22 really went up.  He said over the past year 90% of the people asking about it, calling about it, etc only did so when it showed in stock.  But now that there is no way to check it's happening all the time and the amount of people “harassing” him about .22 has really increased.

So if walmart’s plan is doing this intentionally in order to free up their employees from people looking for .22lr…

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I tried Walmart.com today to check for 22 ammo and got a new message.

Some products available in stores may not be listed online — contact your local store to see if they carry what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By coolhand:
Having exact same problem.  
Search showed nothing...
I went to usual Walmart store and they had quite a few different types of 22 bulk.
What the heck is going on?
I just need some 22 ammo for our family shooting gatherings.
View Quote

So, did you buy some and now have what you need for "family shooting gatherings"?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Searched for .44" Magnum - did not show up.  Went to the store - they had it.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

If you can get me a UPC code or Walmart product ID I can add it.  

That goes for anyone, my UPC and product database hasn't been updated in about 6 months.  If you know of something that came out recently let me know.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
Anyway to add .300 AAC? Aparently some stores are starting to stock it.

Also what about reloading supplies?

If you can get me a UPC code or Walmart product ID I can add it.  

That goes for anyone, my UPC and product database hasn't been updated in about 6 months.  If you know of something that came out recently let me know.

This is a GREAT help!

Thank You for your effort on this!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuckyDucky] [#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
My local walmart had perfecta 9mm discounted to 9.78, cheaper than the federal aluminum at 9.97.

After tax that's still 21cpr.

I bought all 21 boxes.  

I also saw 300AAC supersonic
View Quote

Mine had it for 9.99 and several 222 rd .22 boxes.  For whatever reason this particular Walmart does not do a lot of Ammo sales.  I think I've found a new source
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#48]
I've been using your app from about day one.. And loved it...   Is it down now?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By firemedic5586:  I've been using your app from about day one.. And loved it...   Is it down now?
View Quote

Seems to be.  I've IM'd him.  It's less useful than it was, as WalMart took a lot of their ammo SKU's offline.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been using this for the past year with good results as recently as a week or two ago.  For the past few days it is not working.  Will it be working again soon?
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top