Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By storminnorman:

...working on my Mack truck project now
View Quote
Do tell. I see your camelback suspension avatar.

Will you be doing a DM600? R600? Other?
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By viator:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By viator:

...working on my Mack truck project now

''75 R686ST, has a low mile Pedigree 300/5spd. Here's a pic last week before I brought it home.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've owned several old cars/trucks over the years, drove many of them daily. A NEW carb set up properly doesn't need to be messed with all that often, and when adjustment is needed big deal...My car has manual disc now, I'll prob. add a Granada brake booster down the road. I swear too many people can't handle anything not electronic these days .
View Quote
Depends on where you live.  I used to be a Holley guy, switched to Demons (just because they polish up better ), but you can't beat FI.  I live at 2500', and need to drive everywhere from sea level to just over 8000'.  If I lived at a static elevation, I'd stay with carbs...but FI is in my future.

...and I might be wrong in the head, but I would really like a '67 or '68 Mustang with an T56/LS combo (minus shock towers, of course).
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like Im next.

Just picked up the wifes, grandmas 68 coupe. owned from her grandma from day 1.

Pretty clean, and no crash damage, but its going to need some love.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I had forgotten about this thread. Had mine done-ish and driving for a bit. Went with 3.23 8” rear and with the c4 it’s at 3000rpm at 60mph. I absolutely would look for a five speed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R-32:
Looks like Im next.

Just picked up the wifes, grandmas 68 coupe. owned from her grandma from day 1.

Pretty clean, and no crash damage, but its going to need some love.
View Quote
sounds like we might need a 68 coupe build party thread , i'm getting ready to start back on my 68 coupe after finishing up a 90 camaro for the wife this summer

Originally Posted By sefus:
I had forgotten about this thread. Had mine done-ish and driving for a bit. Went with 3.23 8" rear and with the c4 it's at 3000rpm at 60mph. I absolutely would look for a five speed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172089/05FB5019-1B25-4205-A9E4-E40F4E8B75FC_jpe-1970075.JPG
View Quote
very nice , i like the wheels

i have a 63 fairlane with a 260 and fordomatic 2 speed , no tach in the car but that 260 is screamin' at 70 mph down the hwy
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sixtigers:

...and I might be wrong in the head, but I would really like a '67 or '68 Mustang with an T56/LS combo (minus shock towers, of course).
View Quote

T56 means screwing with the tunnel.   New TKX not as much but just a repositioning of the trans mount.

As for shock towers, you could probably get away with keeping them.   The suspension on my 66 is stupid good and I dont see reason for a Mustang 2 type suspension thanks to the longer strut rods and lower control arm arcs of stock style suspension.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top