Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 11:14:21 AM EDT
I didn't want to hijack the home gym thread.  
For you non headphone guys, what type of setup are you using?
I have a cage/platform in my garage.  I play music on my iPhone Xr.  It does not have a headphone jack.  I don't like wearing earphones to lift, but it limits my "aux out" options.  I have been using a little bluetooth speaker, but it isn't loud enough and lacks base.  
I would like to get my hardware setup squared away before getting into playlists...
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have wifi? Because sonos
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Chromecast Audio, an inexpensive amplifier and 2 mid 80s Cerwin Vega speakers. No cables, inexpensive and highly effective.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get a lightning headphone adapter for like $10 on amazon.

I use one to pipe my iPhone through some 1980s Technics speakers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a bluetooth Fluance Fi50 and stream Pandora and playlists from my phone to it. Works pretty well
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]
My shop is 2400 sq. ft.I found a "dj" type setup with four speakers at a pawn shop for $200. It blows the doors open.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I was using my Milwaukee bluetooth radio, but got sick of forgetting to put it in the truck for work, so I bought a smaller one that only has an aux jack. I don't like it as much, but it works okay, the big Milwaukee is pretty awesome though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I use one of these connected via Bluetooth to a Amazon echo. I won it at a work Christmas party and it fits this role well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I scrounged around the house and settled on the sound bar from the TV in the bedroom.  We rarely use it.  I checked, and it has bluetooth.  It is as loud as I need, and has plenty of base for my purposes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Sonos.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Amazonbasics BT receiver into an Integra surround sound receiver from CL, two sets of 6.5" two-way bookshelf speakers, and a 12" Polk powered subwoofer.

Relatively inexpensive, simple, and pretty damn loud when I want it to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top