Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 3:17:04 PM EDT
Since my musical interests have rekindled, I find myself suffering the the guitar/equipment version of BRD.  I saw it called GAS on another site.  I'm a sucker for a bargain or at least a perceived bargain.  So any thoughts on this "price drop"?Michael Kelly Burl 50 Ultra Electric Guitar

Any one else checking Guitar Center "daily pick" and Musician's Friend "stupid deal" every day for something they can't pass up?  Any bargains at some lesser know locations?  Recently picked Tascam TH-300X at Musician's Friend for $40 on the stupid deal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Michael Kelly guitars are made by Cort IIRC. They make good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since my musical interests have rekindled, I find myself suffering the the guitar/equipment version of BRD.  I saw it called GAS on another site.  I'm a sucker for a bargain or at least a perceived bargain.  So any thoughts on this "price drop"?Michael Kelly Burl 50 Ultra Electric Guitar

Any one else checking Guitar Center "daily pick" and Musician's Friend "stupid deal" every day for something they can't pass up?  Any bargains at some lesser know locations?  Recently picked Tascam TH-300X at Musician's Friend for $40 on the stupid deal.
View Quote

Reverb is good for deal hunting imo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Best deals are typically open-box and factory second / b-stock.

My Schecter Omen Extreme FR was $100 less than a new "fresh" one because it's a factory second. The problem? A super tiny chip in the clearcoat on the edge of the trem cavity.

My Yamaha BB435 was $50 off as an open-box deal. When it arrived, I found one of the tuning keys was slightly bent - still entirely functional, but unsightly. I got Yamaha to send me a brand-new replacement tuner at no cost.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I just got an Arturia MiniLab MkII for $65 as an open-box deal - almost half the normal street price ($120). I've bought quite a number of other things in similar condition as well, but don't recall the amount of the discount for them, as most were years ago now.

Places to check for such deals:
- Reverb
- Sweetwater
- Amazon Warehouse
- eBay
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Musician's Friend has "stupid deal of the hour today" from 6 am to 6 pm PT.  I wouldn't know if any of them are truly stupid, but the Blackstar Artist 30 Blond Special appears more than decent at $700?  Looks like all 12 deals for today will be available at the reduced prices when you add to cart.  Other deals are: mic stands, electric guitar case, turntable and speakers, Martin GPC, Boss Guitar accessory kit, instrument cables, effects pedals, DJ light bar and DJ controller party pack.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Says $799....Still DoD but thinking you typing with thumbs?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe they sold out of that one, now they show this one:
D'Angelico Premier Series SS Boardwalk Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar USA Seymour Duncan Humbuckers Stopbar Tailpiece Walnut Stain $479.99
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Musician's Friend has "stupid deal of the hour today" from 6 am to 6 pm PT.  I wouldn't know if any of them are truly stupid, but the Blackstar Artist 30 Blond Special appears more than decent at $700?  Looks like all 12 deals for today will be available at the reduced prices when you add to cart.  Other deals are: mic stands, electric guitar case, turntable and speakers, Martin GPC, Boss Guitar accessory kit, instrument cables, effects pedals, DJ light bar and DJ controller party pack.
View Quote

American Musical Supply (they'll be happy to mail you a catalog) is a good source for locating pricing on things. They're pretty much listing MSRP. It's a place to start when examining deals. I see people listing 1 year old guitars (used) with no mods for more than MSRP quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not very often, but yes there are some great deals on there.

Mostly it's cheap accessories, etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Prawn shop crawl and Craigslist are great sources for bargains. I have gotten smokin deals on stuff..

For instance, a Carvin LB75,left hand bass, translucent blue, curly maple top, active electronics and a really nice gig bag for

$87.......

yes..... $87

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Gretsch Guitars G2657T Streamliner Center Block Jr. Double-Cut with Bigsby Electric Guitar $399.99 down from $549.99 for a couple of days in Ocean Turquoise or Candy Apple Red at Guitar Center.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
musiciansfriend "clearance sale"

These 2 and others are tempting me.

Alvarez AG660SCE Artist Series Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar Shadow Burst I believe this was on sale for $299 previously, now $275.

Alvarez AMPE915EAR Artist Elite Parlor Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural Shadow Burst $390, $140 below GC sale price of $530.

Gretsch Guitars G5227 Electromatic Jet BT Single-Cut with V-Stoptail Electric Guitar Astra Blue Burst $379, seems like normal "sale" price is $399?, Now unavailable while checking my link, snooze you lose, one less I have to talk myself out of buying.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
What is the story behind D'Angelico?  My music go round has TONS of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a MK '55 custom collection, heavy, but very nice guitar.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Prawn shop crawl and Craigslist are great sources for bargains. I have gotten smokin deals on stuff..

For instance, a Carvin LB75,left hand bass, translucent blue, curly maple top, active electronics and a really nice gig bag for

$87.......

yes..... $87

View Quote

I look on craigslist daily.
I picked up a mint Fender CD 60 all mahogany dred with a hard case for $75 last week.
I wanted a cheap guitar to leave in my cube at work, but it's too nice, and sounds and plays too good to flip.
It's my new travel guitar. MIC
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I look on craigslist daily.
I picked up a mint Fender CD 60 all mahogany dred with a hard case for $75 last week.
I wanted a cheap guitar to leave in my cube at work, but it's too nice, and sounds and plays too good to flip.
It's my new travel guitar. MIC
View Quote

Yeah, my $80 Tele is going to be my office guitar, along with my $40 Donner Multi-Pad headphone amp. One of my former agency heads always had acoustic guitars in his office and some staff would have guitar lunches.  After one such lunch he told an employee just to leave his Martin locked there since security wasn't an issue. The next day they locked down the office as potential evidence of criminal conduct when the guy abruptly resigned and the poor schmuck that left his expensive guitar in there was sweating it out for days while we got permission to go in and remove it
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, my $80 Tele is going to be my office guitar, along with my $40 Donner Multi-Pad headphone amp. One of my former agency heads always had acoustic guitars in his office and some staff would have guitar lunches.  After one such lunch he told an employee just to leave his Martin locked there since security wasn't an issue. The next day they locked down the office as potential evidence of criminal conduct when the guy abruptly resigned and the poor schmuck that left his expensive guitar in there was sweating it out for days while we got permission to go in and remove it
View Quote

I decided to keep my first guitar, a 40 year old Ovation at work. It plays nice, and has enough dents and dings I don't cringe when its bumped around.
Anyone can stop by for therapy strumming or picking. A handful of us try to get together during lunch a couple times a week.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice looking Stupid Deal of the Day at Musician's Friend for the bass guitarists.Schecter Guitar Research C-4 Apocalypse Electric Bass Guitar Rusty Grey a claimed 44% off at $649.00
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nice looking Stupid Deal of the Day at Musician's Friend for the bass guitarists.Schecter Guitar Research C-4 Apocalypse Electric Bass Guitar Rusty Grey a claimed 44% off at $649.00
View Quote

Not the first time this has happened and not sure why...it shows full ride price of $1,149 even when added to cart. .  It does say DOTD at the top but full price...
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Silly MF, now the home page shows some instrument cables for SDOTD.  Hope someone got a bass at the good price before its' deal status expired? I found this remnant of the discounted price.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top