Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/19/2022 7:42:22 PM EDT
Let's forego gun things such as racking a slide to emphasize a point.  Everybody here is annoyed by that.

Things that annoy me:

When they show the super hacker hacking something and there is all kind of stuff flashing on the monitor and they show the hacker typing on the keyboard and it's obvious they are just randomly hitting the same keys over and over, clicketyclicketyclicketyclickety.

When a person is stumbling around completely drunk one minute and then having a coherent conversation the next.

When there is some kind of car chase and you can see the skid marks on the road from all of the previous takes or rehearsals.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Endless mags, where the fuck do I get one of those?

Safteys on glocks

'Clicking noises' everytime a weapon is handled.

WOKE SHIT.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Shitty audio is the worst. Go to movie and you need subtitles half the time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Shitty audio is the worst. Go to movie and you need subtitles half the time.

Weird double tap.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
All the vehicles perfectly clean, makes it look fake as hell because it rains every night in the movies.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Endless mags, where the fuck do I get one of those?

Safteys on glocks

'Clicking noises' everytime a weapon is handled.

WOKE SHIT.
View Quote

Multiple trigger clicks on every gun when it runs dry, even if it's not a double action....
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
when the "sniper, hitman, ect" pull up on the scope and its like a fucking computer going crazy, ranging, wind, you name it and they make a standing head shot at 1000 yards away.

when the shooters ar or ak ect go click click click after they run out of ammo

when the shooters ar or AK ect never run out of ammo
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Another, bad guys who attack the 'hero' one at a time.

Or villians who just dont dome the hero once they capture them, bam, done, instead some long winded speech.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
When the General Lee makes a sweet ass jump across a swollen creek, comes down hard, crumples the front end loses all the hubcaps and in the next scene is 100% again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The computer dododododo sound when a screen comes up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
The trope of when you pull the bullet out of a guy, they all breathe a sigh of relief because the problem is solved.

And rifle bullets always get lodged in the body, never pass through.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
See a horse, hear a horse.

Every time you unsheath a knife, it's...SHING!  Even when you wave it around in the air, a blade makes noise.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
See a horse, hear a horse

See a gun, hear a gun

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Another one: When they rewind some video and it makes that screechy sound like the audio is being played, audibly, in reverse.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Tires are always screeching during driving scenes
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Why are the judges always black women?

In real life there are virtually no black women judges.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
What did all those lights and buttons do.  No labels

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
The “shing” noise when a knife is pulled out of a sheath.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Being over an hour and a half long
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#19]
always shooting at the feet of someone as they're running.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When the General Lee makes a sweet ass jump across a swollen creek, comes down hard, crumples the front end loses all the hubcaps and in the next scene is 100% again.
View Quote

My favorite one was in the A-Team when the jump the RV. It blew into about a thousand pieces upon the landing. The next scene it's hauling ass away, I laughed so hard I about had tears.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When they show the super hacker hacking something and there is all kind of stuff flashing on the monitor and they show the hacker typing on the keyboard and it's obvious they are just randomly hitting the same keys over and over, clicketyclicketyclicketyclickety
View Quote

Ya thats not like real hacking at all. "I thought hacking was going to be like the Matrix, but really it's just emailing boomers asking for their password and they give it to you."

I hate in military movies when they say FOB as Eff Oh Bee.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Endless gear shifting. The Terminator 2 scene with Ed Furlong on the dirt bike is the worst. That bike must have had a 16 gears in the tranny case.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone with a rifle can't hit a person 100 feet away, but the pistol being shot by the star of the show hits everyone every time at over 100 ft.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Not picking up the rifle and magazines and insisting on taking on a bunch of bad guys with a pistol…
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I just watched a movie called Small Engine Repair. It takes place in Manchester, NH. Every character in the movie had a thick, heavy Boston accent.

I’m a native Bostonian. I lived in NH for 12 years. People in NH do not have Boston accents. At all. But these fuckers all sounded like they were from Southie.

It’s been bugging me. They obviously hired voice coaches to teach them the accent and it was filmed in NH. Why didn’t anybody tell the production crew that NH people don’t have fucking Boston accents?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My favorite one was in the A-Team when the jump the RV. It blew into about a thousand pieces upon the landing. The next scene it's hauling ass away, I laughed so hard I about had tears.
View Quote

Kinda like the chase scene in Bullitt. The black charger lost of of its hubcaps in several scenes, but always appeared to have them seconds later.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#27]
My most annoying gun faux pas to me is the "click-click-click" trigger pulling, when someone obviously emptied the mag, so slide lock. But they're still trying.

An annoying pet peeve is in T2..when they are trying to exit the Cyberdyne building, and AHnold is shooting the CS canisters at the cops in the lobby, he hits one of them in the back. You can hear the guy say "ahhh, that hurt!"  
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Action scene volumes so loud the speakers start to blow and the audio is barely fucking audible.

Blatant errors. Like a movie in set in the Florida Keys where there are long lush beaches and islands or mainland with mountainous in the background.

ETA: Regardless of the firearm used, when it goes empty that that click, click, click, clicking of the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The trope of when you pull the bullet out of a guy, they all breathe a sigh of relief because the problem is solved.

View Quote

And shoulder wounds that are always clean ice pick like holes that don't cause massive damage to the joint and bone structure.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Elephant cartridges in the bandoleer while carrying a pistol caliber Winchester.

People getting hit by a thrown knife going down as if pole axed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]
liberal actors.
Which means I don't watch many at all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The “shing” noise when a knife is pulled out of a sheath.
View Quote

Even better - knives that make the shing noise when the sun reflects off them. How do they know when the sun is reflecting at a suitably dramatic angle? Where can I buy one?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#33]
When they totally screw up a Cajun accent....like in the movie The Big Easy, the accent that Dennis Quaid had was so fucked up it was funny....
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All the vehicles perfectly clean, makes it look fake as hell because it rains every night in the movies.
View Quote

This. They'll be driving all day on dirt roads and the windows are spotless.

And HUGE bullet holes in cars, drywall, etc. when they're shot with an AR15. (Sorry for the gun reference, I couldn't help myself).
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Cars bursting into flames during collisions for no apparent reason.

Characters walking through forests at night that are lit up with off-camera lighting, like random forest creatures set up work lights behind some logs and forgot to turn them off.

Anybody can hotwire any car in a few seconds, as if every car made has stripped ignition harness wires hanging from their steering column, and hotwiring cars is a common thing.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When they totally screw up a Cajun accent....like in the movie The Big Easy, the accent that Dennis Quaid had was so fucked up it was funny....
View Quote

That made me appreciate the authenticity of “The Water Boy” just a little more.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ETA: Regardless of the firearm used, when it goes empty that that click, click, click, clicking of the trigger.
View Quote

There are some guns that do that. Mostly very old select fire guns though. Mauser 1932s on semi will do that, for example.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

In one episode of Longmire,  they had a guy get shot at close range with a 375 H&H and they recovered the bullet from his body.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#39]
IDK why but I watch everything with subtitles now. Some pretty goofy shit pops up in movies.

I never realized how many horses where in movies. (horse whinnieieieieng)
I never realized how many babies were in movies. (baby cooing)

Some of the captions are completely assnine like its describing what some sound is. How da fuk a deaf person know what it even sounds like to begin with? (Slow R&B plays in the background)
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Blatant errors. Like a movie in set in the Florida Keys where there are long lush beaches and islands or mainland with mountainous in the background.

View Quote

This is from a movie called Fools Gold.  That's supposed to be Key West in the background.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is from a movie called Fools Gold.  That's supposed to be Key West in the background.

https://i.imgur.com/uW442sm.jpg
View Quote

The hills of Key West. I remember them well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the one I was thinking about, lol.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Almost all things Nicholas Cage. AKA actors that whisper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Revenge stories. Boring!
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Bullet proof quarter panels.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Movie producers, directors and screenwriters are clueless leftist woke retards who double down when someone has the temerity to correct their obvious imbecilic errors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Wide open parking spaces in front of buildings in busy cities.

Hailing a taxi and waiting 0 seconds for one to pull up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Not foregoing gun stuff: Thumbing back the hammer or safeties on striker pistols. Everything even somewhat flammable explodes violently when shot. People flying backwards when shot.

I don't remember the last movie we watched that had guns in it where something wasn't wrong. Then I tell the wife and her reaction says "you're a nerd" which is not inaccurate.

Car and vehicle stuff bothers me greatly too. Driving scenes where they shift too many gears, sound doesn't match the shifts or the engine, etc. ETA beaten badly of course.

Also, this new trend of taking movies from other countries and dubbing over them. Fuck. That. It gets shut off yesterday.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#49]
CGI
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Character will get hit in the head with a bat, lead pipe, etc and will fall completely unconscious, lights fucking OUT. An hour will pass and suddenly they’ll wake up as if from a nap. MAYBE a headache. No other lasting damage.

If you get hit in the head had enough to be knocked out, you have BRAIN DAMAGE. I’m talking Natasha Richardson/Bob Saget-level brain damage.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top