Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2019 2:14:46 PM EDT
Ok, I and the wife got caught up in this oddball/comedy/cryptological series a couple years back.

5 Appliactian guys that track down and try to trap creatures that scientists of course say, are fake. Needless to say, there's a lot of stumble and bumble with very brief moments of brilliance.

So far they've identified at least many types of Big Foot creatures and their differences from wild to deadly. They also hunt down other creatures, but Big Foot's are their specialty.

For DirecTV users, it'll be channel 277(Travel) on August 21 for their new season, where it picks up from last season in the "Dark Forest".

These boys also have a "rogue team" that wants to harm them and mess up their hunts, so there's also that problem in who they are and their identity.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have to admit I just can't stand this program.  No offense, OP, but it's just a bunch of neckbeard bubbas running around the woods chasing cryptids that they mysteriously never catch on camera.  And I say that as a fan of subject matter outside the mainstream.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the show.

sure its completely made up and scripted out the butt. but its hilarious watching the guys
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen it once and turned it off, all crap.  Can’t stand it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My grandsons love it, I find it hilarious.  Looking forward to the new episodes on Travel channel.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Finest show in the history of television.

The response and tactics of the Team in response to the Yahoo attacks will be studied by elite military teams for all time.

The Yahoo Attacks | Mountain Monsters

SOCOM studies these films intently. As do unfortunately Spetznaz and other commie enemies. Such is the price of a free and open society.

Anyone disparaging the Team may be some sort of subversive agent of Soviet influence.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Mountain Monsters | 2019 Trailer
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I find this show absolutely hilarious.  It's all scripted bullshit, but it is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#8]
"Mountain Monsters' returns to TV on Travel Channel with a two-hour season premiere on Wednesday, August 21 at 9 p.m. ET/PT"

"It’s literally been years since Mountain Monsters left us hanging in the Dark Forest with arguably more questions than answers. But we have good news — the cult-classic series is returning to TV on its new home, Travel Channel! Premiering August 21 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, Mountain Monsters will kick off Season 4 with a special two-hour premiere.

You might recall that Season 3 ended on quite the cliffhanger. After the man behind the mirror asked the AIMS team to capture the Woman of the Woods, your favorite “hillbilly hunters” returned to the Dark Forest for one final mission. However, what they found were even more secrets, plus a blood skull up Jeff’s nose..."

"In the two-hour season premiere, the series picks up right where it left off — with Buck, Huckleberry, Jeff, Willy and Wild Bill entangled in the backwoods of the Dark Forest. Later in the episode, the clock fast-forwards 18 months to when the group reunites. After a heart wrenching update from team leader Trapper, the team sets out determined to finish their initial quest."

"The additional nine one-hour episodes of the season will air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. This season, the AIMS team has their eye on seven different monsters, each rooted deeply in folklore and somehow connected to the greatest creature of all: Spearfinger. Though Spearfinger is their ultimate goal, the team must first search for the Waya Woman, the Cherokee Devil, the Raven Mocker, the Silver Giant, the Cherokee Death Cat and the Coyote King.

Travel Channel will encore the previous Season 3 finale as a precursor to the new episodes. The new season will run from August 21 through September 25, and the final four hours will pick back up and premiere beginning on October 30.

For updates and exclusive photos and videos, follow Travel Channel and #MountainMonters on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Mountain Monsters' returns to TV on Travel Channel with a two-hour season premiere on Wednesday, August 21 at 9 p.m. ET/PT"

"It’s literally been years since Mountain Monsters left us hanging in the Dark Forest with arguably more questions than answers. But we have good news — the cult-classic series is returning to TV on its new home, Travel Channel! Premiering August 21 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, Mountain Monsters will kick off Season 4 with a special two-hour premiere.

You might recall that Season 3 ended on quite the cliffhanger. After the man behind the mirror asked the AIMS team to capture the Woman of the Woods, your favorite “hillbilly hunters” returned to the Dark Forest for one final mission. However, what they found were even more secrets, plus a blood skull up Jeff’s nose..."

"In the two-hour season premiere, the series picks up right where it left off — with Buck, Huckleberry, Jeff, Willy and Wild Bill entangled in the backwoods of the Dark Forest. Later in the episode, the clock fast-forwards 18 months to when the group reunites. After a heart wrenching update from team leader Trapper, the team sets out determined to finish their initial quest."

https://travel.home.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/travel/fullrights/2019/3/28/0/IMG_4023.JPG.rend.hgtvcom.406.271.suffix/1553800462013.jpeg

"The additional nine one-hour episodes of the season will air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. This season, the AIMS team has their eye on seven different monsters, each rooted deeply in folklore and somehow connected to the greatest creature of all: Spearfinger. Though Spearfinger is their ultimate goal, the team must first search for the Waya Woman, the Cherokee Devil, the Raven Mocker, the Silver Giant, the Cherokee Death Cat and the Coyote King.

Travel Channel will encore the previous Season 3 finale as a precursor to the new episodes. The new season will run from August 21 through September 25, and the final four hours will pick back up and premiere beginning on October 30.

For updates and exclusive photos and videos, follow Travel Channel and #MountainMonters on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
View Quote
Us Cherokee go armed even to the restroom at home.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
"How does one get the Travel Channel or otherwise watch Mountain Monsters???" many may ask.

Wonder no more.

https://watch.travelchannel.com/general/faq

Personally, I may petition a local bar to replace Sportsball with Mountain Monsters, for watch parties with Bigfoot drinks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Twitter has erupted in a frenzy over the news of the Team's return!

Make sure you have a case of your beverage of choice and a generator ready to go, just in case...
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I quit watching after they had "the rogue team" shadowing them. Really got stupid real quick.

Wild Bill is just freaking insane or is one hell of an actor.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Its so horribly bad I can't help but watch it

I used to watch it as reruns on Sunday afternoon after working around the house
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Show is hilarious. We love watching it. I met the dudes in person at the mothman festival. All of them were great dudes. Very friendly and welcoming. Buck has an awesome sense of humor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Funny show that gets a little ridiculous, my teen son loved it.
Funny the leader "Trapper John Tice" looked familar so i read his bio, He is from Long Island NY & played pro Football for a decade for the Saints, LMAO a Long Island Hillbilly Football Player!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Funny show that gets a little ridiculous, my teen son loved it.
Funny the leader "Trapper John Tice" looked familar so i read his bio, He is from Long Island NY & played pro Football for a decade for the Saints, LMAO a Long Island Hillbilly Football Player!!
View Quote
You may have been snookered

Long Island John Tice

If so, it's a wonderfully creative wiki "edit" and should be preserved for as long as possible
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have seen it once and turned it off, all crap.  Can’t stand it.
View Quote
Agreed.  It is painful to watch.  Mountain Monsters and Alaskan Monsters run neck and neck with Matt Moneymaker as far as annoying shows go.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You may have been snookered

Long Island John Tice

If so, it's a wonderfully creative wiki "edit" and should be preserved for as long as possible
View Quote
You may be right, but the reason i checked wiki was because on one of the show's they introduced all of the team & said Trapper was originally from Long island NY.
Funny!
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed.  It is painful to watch.  Mountain Monsters and Alaskan Monsters run neck and neck with Matt Moneymaker as far as annoying shows go.
View Quote
Alaskan Monsters is a copy.

Mountain Monsters is the only real & true original.

Link Posted: 8/28/2019 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Trapper looked like he was in bad shape on the initial episode. I don`t think he was faking it for dramatic purposes. Huckleberry is still rocking his AR with a cheap looking red dot.

The second episode is the same silliness, but with Huckleberry only wearing  overalls with his moobs hanging out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I watch it with my kids, its really funny as hell it reminds of some of the guys I use to hunt with. do they have the travel channel on the fire stick.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 1:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Psychic Bigfoot Controls Buck

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#23]
That show makes "Dog the Bounty Hunter" look like Shakespeare.
I like it though, it's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually not a bad show. As one said it is total BS, but funny as hell at times.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Last night's second try at the Waya Woman was authentically creepy, with a good jumpscare towards the end.

Got to give credit where it's due, the cast and crew really have this all dialed in....

Also, it's never a good sign when Wild Bill says "Sure that's smart?"....
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Also, it's never a good sign when Wild Bill says "Sure that's smart?"....
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I need to start watching this for sure
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't sit through those types of shows.  My wife watches Oak Island and it makes my head hurt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#30]
It seems like Buck is starting to take the lead role .
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It seems like Buck is starting to take the lead role .
View Quote
the producers went that way right when trapper could no longer get out.

All things aside trapper is doing MUCH better than he was in the initial episode of this season - which was filmed long ago.

Did anyone else notice this part though?

episode one of this season - the 2 hour special.
The first 30 minutes or so of the show when buck goes to that hillbilly healer. That was filmed recently probably earlier this summer. Then they all agree to go back out in the woods and drive back down south to go after that camera card making it seem like it was that evening or the next day. while they are driving its still summer with foliage every where.

When they are stomping around the woods looking for the camera its fall/winter. no leaves on the trees or foliage.

The filmed all of that woods stuff at least a year and a half ago or more when the show was still on destination america, but the network dropped the show.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 1:24:56 AM EDT
[#32]
No I didn't catch that all. I know a lot of people here think it's  silly but I enjoy watching it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top