Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/27/2022 12:29:06 AM EDT
Just venting….

In late March in for a nonresident deer/elk big game combo this year and didn’t draw, which isn’t a surprise since I drew last year.

I budget about $1500 every year for nonresident tags/points, etc as I hunt out of state every year.

I also put in for a WY general elk tag in January, a $1200 “special” general elk tag, deadline being Jan 31st and the draw May 15ish. I could withdraw my app until the end of April so if I was successful in MT I’d do that.

April 15th or so I found out I was unsuccessful in drawing MT. No biggie, they will send me a check for $1200 bucks in like 3 weeks like in years past. My initial credit card payment for WY was already paid off but I can handle a balance for a few weeks until I get my check from MT.

Middle of this month I start calling MT FWP asking where my check for $1200 is. They told me last week it got sent out on the 20th. It’s still not here. Nobody else on the hunting forums have gotten theirs either, despite being told “the check is in the mail.”

I’m about ready to call my credit card company and tell them to charge back MT FWP.

It’s 2022, who is still snail mailing checks these days? Every other western state refunds your credit card automatically.

MT FWP is stuck in 1975 in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Idaho Fish and Game says "Hold my beer".
The most mismanaged incompetent piece of shit government shitshow that has been fucking wildlife and Idahoans since 1939.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.  We don't want you here.

Sorry, not sorry.  Stay the fuck out and let the MT residents have their state back.

As a former WY resident too, stay out there as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Escalation.jpg
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry, not sorry.  Stay the fuck out and let the MT residents have their state back.

View Quote
Truth.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol I guess I’m late to the party.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't get a 380 tag because too many out of staters come and get them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Just venting....

I put in for around ten years, and never got drawn for a tag I wanted, so I stopped. I'm a resident. Always have been. You poor thing. You missed one. I hope you can recover.

Cry me a fucking river, OP.

Oh, that's right, never mind. You nonresident fucks own those, too. Mind if I enjoy it for once?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what happened to Idaho. The Fish Cops think that they gain all this revenue from out of staters and this trickle down economy they provide our state is priceless. They come here sleep in their Suburbans, pack their own food, litter our back country, road hunt and have no idea how to respect our lands. The only money they spend here is the fuel when pulling out. It's pathetic.
I'd be happy to pay far more for a resident tag if I could actually draw a tag. I put in for moose this year (of course didn't draw)and still am not allowed to put in for a controlled elk hunt. I get to hunt with the fucking out of state retards in a general hunt unit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just venting....

I put in for around ten years, and never got drawn for a tag I wanted, so I stopped. I'm a resident. Always have been. You poor thing. You missed one. I hope you can recover.

Oh, that's right, never mind. You nonresident fucks own those, too. Mind if I enjoy it for once?
View Quote

lol, I can smell the salty tears through my screen.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The most mismanaged incompetent piece of shit government shitshow that has been fucking wildlife and Idahoans since 1939.

View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol, I can smell the salty tears through my screen.
View Quote

I'll remember the tears the next time Texas gets 1/4" of snow in one town, and half the state loses power for three weeks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Whoa.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is what happened to Idaho. The Fish Cops think that they gain all this revenue from out of staters and this trickle down economy they provide our state is priceless. They come here sleep in their Suburbans, pack their own food, litter our back country, road hunt and have no idea how to respect our lands. The only money they spend here is the fuel when pulling out. It's pathetic.
I'd be happy to pay far more for a resident tag if I could actually draw a tag. I put in for moose this year (of course didn't draw)and still am not allowed to put in for a controlled elk hunt. I get to hunt with the fucking out of state retards in a general hunt unit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you all have this same attitude for folks from neighboring states during over the counter spring seasons?

My state is one of the few where residents get no preferential  treatment in draws (other than a lower cost anyway). That contributes to our odds for anything good being absolute shit, even for people with a lot of points. Thankfully the fact that our department is worse than any of the others mentioned in the thread means that we don't get as many nonresident hunters as some of the other states in the region. And then we have our shitty outright anti hunting wildlife commission to fuck it up even more.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Lot of angst in this thread so far.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd love to see a venn diagram for:

A. Supports large percentages of state reserved for "public use."

B. Resents the (out of state) public for actually using the land.

I'll bet there's considerable overlap.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:28:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
Truth.
View Quote

Quoted:
Lol I guess I’m late to the party.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do you all have this same attitude for folks from neighboring states during over the counter spring seasons?

snip
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

Yes, especially from your shithole state.
Oh, and while you're at it, keep your lib pieces of shit cunt people on a leash and stop buying real estate in ID, MT and WY. Fix your own shithole instead of coming here and fucking our state up
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.
Preach it, brothers... stay the Fuck out, we closed!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice attitude. Guess I shouldn’t come elk hunting with my resident sister then.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh, and while you're at it, keep your lib pieces of shit cunt people on a leash and stop buying real estate in ID, MT and WY. Fix your own shithole instead of coming here and fucking our state up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

There's no way to fix this state shy of COC violations. The last time a Republican won a statewide election king county just kept counting until they "found" a box of ballots that overturned the election.

Actually I know how to fix it. I'm going to put up signs in king county advertising how great it is to live in Idaho. If we can send the Californians and new yorkers east a little . . .
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:36:16 AM EDT
[#24]
You know these state game agencies are full of shit when they lower hunting and fishing limits for residents but allow out of staters in. They would sell the last living elk in the state to a rich guy from another state.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re welcome for your $20 elk tag you buy at Walmart. It costs me $900 for an elk tag and $1200 for a deer elk combo.

Nonresidents fund the VAST majority of wildlife in MT. To top it off we’re limited to 17,000 tags that we might draw every other year. It’s been that way for decades.  

Guess what? I’m ok with all of that. Residents should get a great deal of preference with tags and tag costs.

Keep acting entitled and completely ignorant to how your own state agency gets funded to support the wildlife you enjoy. It’s a good look, I promise. People in the 49 other states won’t ever get tired of being extorted to hunt federal land they own then get shit on by residents when they do. Hell, in Wyoming I’m not even allowed to hunt a good portion of the state (wilderness) unless I hire a babysitter.

I love the west, and I love the people, but Jesus the sense of entitlement some of you guys have when it comes to hunting makes hood rat welfare queens seem humble and grateful.

All I ask is that when I don’t draw, refund my money in a timely manner, that’s it.

It’s not too much to ask.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Stop squabbling over stupid drama tags and go on a safari.  Seriously, you can go to SA, Namibia, or Botswana and have an amazing hunt for very reasonable prices.  

Think of all the years you chase tags…travel…scouting…lodging costs…other hunters everywhere…

Or, you go to SA, have amazing weather, hunt 10+ big game animals, chef prepared food, laundry done daily, awesome spot and stalk hunting with incredible trackers and a PH, and all for about what a basic guided elk hunt costs or less.  

Tag chasing out west is for the birds.  SA is the place to go if you want to hunt.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol. Go back to WY.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bet you're right

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Just wait until the liberals in Bozeman start fixing the state up
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Kooks go home
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#31]
For a little perspective, whatever shitty gun laws the politicians can get cooked up in the next couple weeks will make all this look like a non-issue to you by then.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Holy Shit.....

the number of jerks in this thread makes me ashamed to be a lifelong hunter.

I have hunted all over America for the last 34 years.  I really hope I don't ever meet people as unpleasant as the ones in this thread.

We are way better sticking together to ensure that the rights/access that we have is maintained rather than infighting
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Holy Shit.....

I have hunted all over America for the last 34 years.  I really hope I don't ever meet people as unpleasant as the ones in this thread.

We are way better sticking together to ensure that the rights/access that we have is maintained rather than infighting
View Quote

@SMC527 100% agree. This thread is sad, I expected one or two ignorant comments, but Jesus. Makes me sad for the future of hunting in this country.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

*High Five*
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

Actually your not closed.  Just the way we like it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#37]
The backbiting in this thread is a great object lesson, for the few with enough sense to grasp it, on why all land should be private.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't worry - they suck if you live here too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Holy Shit.....

View Quote
Have you met any of your fellow hunters? Not the avid conservationists we'd like to think most hunters are, but members of the general pubic like the knuckle draggers in this thread. Both states are full of low iq, redneck, mouth breathers like the what been demonstrated here. I would gladly stop hunting either state just to see them completely melt down the first year they have to pay the full costs of wildlife management in their respective states. Boise would burn if you raised the price of an elk tag twenty bucks. M
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Stop squabbling over stupid drama tags and go on a safari.  Seriously, you can go to SA, Namibia, or Botswana and have an amazing hunt for very reasonable prices.  

Think of all the years you chase tags…travel…scouting…lodging costs…other hunters everywhere…

Or, you go to SA, have amazing weather, hunt 10+ big game animals, chef prepared food, laundry done daily, awesome spot and stalk hunting with incredible trackers and a PH, and all for about what a basic guided elk hunt costs or less.  

Tag chasing out west is for the birds.  SA is the place to go if you want to hunt.
View Quote

This times about 10,000.

It is so much easier to hunt in Africa, and usually cheaper, than it is to hunt in the Western US and especially Alaska.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this

It's getting very "pay to play" around here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The backbiting in this thread is a great object lesson, for the few with enough sense to grasp it, on why all land should be private.
View Quote

Yeah I know we’ve sparred on the whole public land issue before, and you know I’m a big defender of the concept, but the attitudes of residents in this thread make me want to just say “fuck it, sell it all off.”

In order for public land to hold value and “work” it has to be managed fairly for all stakeholders. With state management of wildlife, given the attitude of many residents, that won’t be the case in another decade or so.

It will be federally funded welfare hunting paradise for residents and essentially publicly funded private land for outfitters. Shit wilderness areas in Wyoming already are publicly funded private land for outfitters in WY.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#44]
The tears in this thread have inspired me to plan a hunting trip to MT.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah I know we’ve sparred on the whole public land issue before, and you know I’m a big defender of the concept, but the attitudes of residents in this thread make me want to just say “fuck it, sell it all off.”

In order for public land to hold value and “work” it has to be managed fairly for all stakeholders. With state management of wildlife, given the attitude of many residents, that won’t be the case in another decade or so.

It will be federally funded welfare hunting paradise for residents and essentially publicly funded private land for outfitters. Shit wilderness areas in Wyoming already are publicly funded private land for outfitters in WY.  
View Quote

I've had some very enjoyable days on public land. It's just that, in the end, the whole system gets convoluted and isn't 'fair'. At the end of the day I'd rather pay a rancher for access to good hunting.

Also, as others have mentioned, going to Africa looks better every day.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Holy Shit.....

View Quote

Modern hunters hate everyone.  It’s a competition, race, and fight…not a hunt.  It’s about scheming to get access while denying access to everyone else.  

It’s sad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've had some very enjoyable days on public land. It's just that, in the end, the whole system gets convoluted and isn't 'fair'. At the end of the day I'd rather pay a rancher for access to good hunting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Hunting

Seriously, you will never look at hunting the same.  I lost interest in 99% of US hunting after my first time.  Packages are cheap too, just look at AH forum for deals.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#48]
I know GD hunting threads can be a shitshow, but even I was shocked at how this thread has gone down.

I thought it would be, “Yeah, wtf, who sends checks in 2022?”

A few residents going, “Yeah we know they suck.”

Not “You pay $1200 for what costs me $20, still didn’t get your tag and want your money back? Fuck you.”

Like I said, I knew a small percentage of western residents were pretty entitled when it comes to hunting, but holy shit, some of you guys would make Sha Nay Nay with five kids living off EBT blush.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Restitution for illegally shooting an elk is $1,000, unless it's a trophy, when restitution is $8,000.
View Quote

There ya go...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just venting....

View Quote

You mean I didn’t draw a general elk tag that you buy OTC for $20?

When did I say I was upset about not drawing it? I just want my $1200 back.

Quit blaming nonresidents for the fact you are a shitty hunter. I had elk all around me last year including several nice bulls in a general unit on public land, and had no problem filling my tag.

Sorry you never drew your glory tag, one that I have FAR less chance of getting. Cry me a fucking river.

I’ve literally never experienced a more entitled ungrateful attitude than yours.

ETA If I were you, I’d thank my lucky stars every day I lived in a state with large amounts of public land, $20 OTC elk tags, and capped nonresident tags that cost 50x what mine cost and fund the majority of wildlife in my state. You seriously need some perspective in life.

You live in an outdoor nirvana, you have more hunting opportunity for the cost than 99% of the county and 99.9% of the world and it STILL isn’t good enough apparently. That says a lot, and none of it good.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top