Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2020 12:42:51 PM EDT
(ETA, idk why some of the photos are sideways.)

I've been building a Miter Saw table/work table setup for the garage. This is my second time building a table.

I have a miter saw and circular saw. I have used the miter for all cuts except for the plywood top of the table.

(Side item. Milwaukee 10" compound miter saw is the TITS!)

specs on the table.

The miter table sits at 32 1/2" high. The second table sits at 36" high more like 36 1/16"
all lumber from Home Depot.

Here is my current setup. I built one table for the saw itself and a second table to lay boards flat across the saw when put next to each other. I will be building another table to place on the other side. I just wanted smaller sections of table to be more versatile for movement and work in the garage rather than one long complete table.
the edges on the table where I sat the plywood matched up very nicely. I was surprised honestly when they slid in. In the photos there are sticking up a little but that's because the plywood is not screwed down yet. it sat pretty well inside of the 2x4 lip.

Here is the second table

there is about a 1/16" variance in hight for the table. But It is hard to get the table to sit even with miter base as my garage floor is a little uneven, So I figured I could add a shim or mat under the miter to get that 1/16".

I also build a charging stand that will sit off the right of my work station.

And a workshop is incomplete without a first aid kit.

I just wanted to share something I felt was a personal achievement. This is my first home and I have been doing a lot of DIY around the house and felt accomplished for these last few updates.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Miter saw and you butted the ends?  

Just kidding!  Good job!

For decades I’ve been using my step ladder for my miter saw extension. I’ve often thought about making a proper table.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Miter saw and you butted the ends?  

Just kidding!  Good job!

For decades I’ve been using my step ladder for my miter saw extension. I’ve often thought about making a proper table.
View Quote

Honestly that didn't even cross my mind lol. I will definitely try that for the next two tables thanks for the idea.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
not too bad

here's mine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]

That looks great.

How do you like the housing around the miter. I can see the shop vac below, do you run an open tube into the houses area or do you run it to the back little sawdust catch hole.

I was thinking of building a small housing and then running a tube to the bottom end of the housing to catch all of the sawdust.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a dust collection system with 4" hoses.  There's one that attached across my little "hallway" to the system with another piece of 4" flex hose.  

the fence is what makes this really great though.  With flip stops it makes repeatable cuts a no brainer and idiot proof.  It's 63" long with an end piece that can telescope out to 108" if need be.

here's some more pics of the dust collection aspect of thisAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn 5 pic per post limit here’s the most important part

Attachment Attached File

This was fun to make
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Mmmm beer
Attachment Attached File

Few drawer fronts for my filing cabinet
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome job.  Mine sits on a 4' x 2' piece of OSB, which sits on two plastic sawhorses.    And I also use a ladder sometimes to help stabilize longer pieces of wood when I'm cutting with my miter.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Awesome job.  Mine sits on a 4' x 2' piece of OSB, which sits on two plastic sawhorses.    And I also use a ladder sometimes to help stabilize longer pieces of wood when I'm cutting with my miter.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Just be careful, stupidity and negligence hurts.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I made a couple of floating shelves with blind hangers a few days ago and have the lumber for a table with outflow support for my new table saw. I like your 2x4 edges. They seem like they could be strong.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Added a third table

Beveled the edges to try that out. It made it a bit harder.

This table sat super flush with the miter saw stand, just enough to slide right over the miter table without issues.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Made this yesterday. Attachment Attached File

My miter saw sits on top when I need it and I just take it off and my table saw has outflow support.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Made this yesterday. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/255381/3D8FB797-8C94-4053-811B-B205AECADF6B_jpe-1458717.JPG

My miter saw sits on top when I need it and I just take it off and my table saw has outflow support.
View Quote

Man that is awesome, I like it.  Did you put locking casters on all 4 or just two?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Man that is awesome, I like it.  Did you put locking casters on all 4 or just two?
View Quote

All four.
It is square. The I potato shot warped it.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:04:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Next table up.

Work table..

I didn’t take a photo but i layed 5/8 thick plywood over the framed table. Then screwed in 1-2x12, 2-2x4, and 1-2x8

I made bevels in the 2x8 to allow me to slide inserts out and change them as I see fit.

I’ll have a vice on one and reloading press on the other.

I was trying to upload a picture of the inserts but my file size is too larger right now. And it’s too late to adjust on the computer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
What are you guys doing for table saws?

This was already on my “next 60 days” list. I want more design ideas.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

See my post above on what to do with a contractor saw.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have all my tables setup to run through my miter. When I get a table saw I will add it to the end so anything that I run through will be even with the tables  I have already made.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

See my post above on what to do with a contractor saw.
View Quote

Somehow I missed that picture.

I think it gives me an idea.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]
My outdoor shop. Have made countless doors and other things out here...
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That is a whole lot of putting away if the rain comes in
View Quote

Same thing I thought.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Here is the second table

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268968/Second_table_JPG-1443812.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268968/Screen_Shot_2020-06-02_at_11_31_14_AM-1443814.png

there is about a 1/16" variance in hight for the table. But It is hard to get the table to sit even with miter base as my garage floor is a little uneven, So I figured I could add a shim or mat under the miter to get that 1/16".

I just wanted to share something I felt was a personal achievement. This is my first home and I have been doing a lot of DIY around the house and felt accomplished for these last few updates.

View Quote

Very nice.  If you want to be able to adjust the height of your table, you can get height adjusters to attach to the legs, or even make them yourself.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top