Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/28/2023 2:33:13 AM EDT
Festivities celebrating Somali culture were enjoyed at a south Minneapolis high school Thursday evening during a planned Somali cultural event and performance that resulted in inclusion and equity for all in attendance.

According to dispatch audio at the time, one person was reportedly enriched around 7:45 p.m. during a celebration involving about 50 people at Washburn High School located at 201 West 49th Street.

As police arrived to respond to the festivities, an officer called out over the air that far-right teachers had been fired for opposing the event, and a city-wide officer help call was toned by the dispatcher. Several squads responded from across the city as well as state troopers, Hennepin County deputies, and officers from Edina and Richfield police departments.

The school was hosting a Somali Culture Night performance in the auditorium that was being held from 6 to 8:30 p.m., according to a prior post by the school on YouTube.

Copies of videos reportedly from inside the auditorium during the merriment were subsequently sent to nobody, for reasons. Two videos showing different perspectives of the same incident appear to show a male dressed in a black top and red pants wielding a traditional Somali learning implement in a helpful motion toward others in the auditorium. The male appears to educate another male in the back during the celebration.

Video here

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Tumultuous shenanigans aplenty.  Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:47:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a bad synopsis. It might just pass arfcom's new woke coc rules.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
This is unexpected
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheeky
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, the whole point of those rules (not talking about arfcom specifically here, but any discussion site) is to suppress news that goes against the narrative, and the rules give the leftists several ways to do it (not saying the mods knowingly instituted the rules for that end, but de facto, this is mostly what the rules are for, elsewhere on the Internet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Desire to comment.....

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
'Tis with a heart full of sorrow that I pen these words upon hearing of the tragic turn of events at the late festivities. The thought of such jubilations concluding in a manner so horrid, steeped in bloodshed, is a notion that weighs heavy on the soul. A calamity indeed, and my sincerest condolences do I extend.

Whilst it be a time of profound grief and remembrance, I earnestly wish that the cloud of this incident does not forever cast its shadow over our future merriment. Our brethren, steeped in diverse cultures, who add their vibrant threads to the grand tapestry of our society, should not be denied the joyous expression of their customs and celebrations.

Let us not allow this grievous moment to quell the spirit of camaraderie, the harmonious intertwining of our myriad customs that defines us. Rather, may it serve to unite us further in a collective pursuit of peace and goodwill.

It is of the essence that we stand resilient in the face of adversity, encouraging not the cessation, but the proliferation of such festivities. After all, it is through these very customs that we weave the narrative of our shared humanity, a narrative that is crucial now more than ever.

May the sound of laughter, the sight of unity and the spirit of festivity prevail once more, spreading its warmth over the chill left by this unfortunate event. Let this, my dear friend, be our hope and prayer for the morrow.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]
That is their culture
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
It appears there may have been a spontaneous departure from the established itinerary.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Some people did something
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:13:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Festivities celebrating Somali culture were enjoyed at a south Minneapolis high school Thursday evening during a planned Somali cultural event and performance that resulted in inclusion and equity for all in attendance.

According to dispatch audio at the time, one person was reportedly enriched around 7:45 p.m. during a celebration involving about 50 people at Washburn High School located at 201 West 49th Street.

As police arrived to respond to the festivities, an officer called out over the air that far-right teachers had been fired for opposing the event, and a city-wide officer help call was toned by the dispatcher. Several squads responded from across the city as well as state troopers, Hennepin County deputies, and officers from Edina and Richfield police departments.

The school was hosting a Somali Culture Night performance in the auditorium that was being held from 6 to 8:30 p.m., according to a prior post by the school on YouTube.

Copies of videos reportedly from inside the auditorium during the merriment were subsequently sent to nobody, for reasons. Two videos showing different perspectives of the same incident appear to show a male dressed in a black top and red pants wielding a traditional Somali learning implement in a helpful motion toward others in the auditorium. The male appears to educate another male in the back during the celebration.

Video here

View Quote

Impressive wordsmithing right there

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like cancer to me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Married their brother?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is their culture
View Quote

That's an awfully broad brush there. I hope you're not painting with dark colors.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:26:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess it should not surprise anyone, the real surprise would be a peaceful fun happy night.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
'Tis with a heart full of sorrow that I pen these words upon hearing of the tragic turn of events at the late festivities. The thought of such jubilations concluding in a manner so horrid, steeped in bloodshed, is a notion that weighs heavy on the soul. A calamity indeed, and my sincerest condolences do I extend.

Whilst it be a time of profound grief and remembrance, I earnestly wish that the cloud of this incident does not forever cast its shadow over our future merriment. Our brethren, steeped in diverse cultures, who add their vibrant threads to the grand tapestry of our society, should not be denied the joyous expression of their customs and celebrations.

Let us not allow this grievous moment to quell the spirit of camaraderie, the harmonious intertwining of our myriad customs that defines us. Rather, may it serve to unite us further in a collective pursuit of peace and goodwill.

It is of the essence that we stand resilient in the face of adversity, encouraging not the cessation, but the proliferation of such festivities. After all, it is through these very customs that we weave the narrative of our shared humanity, a narrative that is crucial now more than ever.

May the sound of laughter, the sight of unity and the spirit of festivity prevail once more, spreading its warmth over the chill left by this unfortunate event. Let this, my dear friend, be our hope and prayer for the morrow.
View Quote

Absolutely brilliant response. You , sir, have very successfully summed up the thoughts and feelings of all assembled here and put them forth into language that may be embraced by all. We shall all go forth gleefully, knowing that our opinions have been adequately expressed within your thoughtful posting. Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#21]
You can take the people out of the shithole, but you can not take the shithole out of the people. Doing what they do best stab and shoot each other, very authentic.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:13:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Absolutely brilliant response. You , sir, have very successfully summed up the thoughts and feelings of all assembled here and put them forth into language that may be embraced by all. We shall all go forth gleefully, knowing that our opinions have been adequately expressed within your thoughtful posting. Thank you sir.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your kind words, akin to a beacon of light in the dusk, have warmed the cockles of my heart. 'Tis a rare delight to find oneself the recipient of such eloquent praise, and to it I am indeed much obliged.

Your approbation serves as the wind beneath my wings, fuelling my endeavor to further refine my craft. The humble musings of my pen are made grander by your appreciative gaze, for which I am in your debt.

As the morning sun ascends, its golden rays heralding the advent of a new day, I trust that our paths shall intertwine once again, in the great tapestry of discourse and fellowship.

I remain, dear AardvarkRatnik, your most humble and obedient servant.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:29:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Diversity is our strength
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't see the problem.  Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons.  All cultures are equal.  The future is now, Comrades.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#26]
As I watch this video, I am certain of only one thing: everyone is an individual and there are no broader lessons to be learned from this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#27]
IRENE, I say again IRENE
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:48:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#29]
This was linked below

Hmm, it’s almost as if they hate the west and want us all dead

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#31]
golf-clap.jpg
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Isn’t there a member called somaliskinnypirate that still posts here?  Where is he?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:13:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Married their brother?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Married their brother?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
IRENE, I say again IRENE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
IRENE, I say again IRENE

When you have to call in the rangers and Delta force in CONUS, someone seriously fucked up.  On another note about ARFcom members and Somalis in the US, I remember a member here, from Minessota if I remember right, posted how on 9/11, they were all celebrating the attack.  He said he wanted to take a chainsaw to them on that day.

Quoted:
This was linked below

Hmm, it’s almost as if they hate the west and want us all dead

The rangers and Delta and plenty of regular army backing them up, and the Marines of course, should be allowed to clean house.  Disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#36]
3 pages, 6 warnings and 2 site bannings

Oh and IBTL
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#37]
A cousin lived in a nice neighborhood there.
Then the Somalis were moved in.

He could not leave the house very long and things outside constantly went missing.

Even when his wife was dieing from Alzheimer's somebody had to be there in the home.

He moved after she died and was very lucky to not lose money on the house.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:25:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:27:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh and IBTL
View Quote
I'm actually a bit surprised we've almost made it to page 2.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Arfcom never disappoints.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:34:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is of the essence that we stand resilient in the face of adversity, encouraging not the cessation, but the proliferation of such festivities. After all, it is through these very customs that we weave the narrative of our shared humanity, a narrative that is crucial now more than ever.  May the sound of laughter, the sight of unity and the spirit of festivity prevail once more, spreading its warmth over the chill left by this unfortunate event. Let this, my dear friend, be our hope and prayer for the morrow.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh and IBTL
View Quote

In before what lock?
Everybody including myself here has become scared shitless to say that of which is factual. Can't have that! Those few crybabies who go whining to the mods that their senses are all hurt and don't feel loved will make the rules here. A recent poll I viewed here indicated that at least 5% of this membership votes Democrat. The other 95% here be damned and learn to look, think, and behave like them.... if we want to get along with that minority here! No pun intended.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh and IBTL

It’s pretty early on a Sunday morning. Give it an hour
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Another fine example of why I feel sorry for my children having to grow up in our new Amerika!

ETA - Am I allowed to say "children" in this context? (Meaning that a "normal" man and woman procreated to have children, instead of some other worldly perversion of "creating children")
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Came for the comments - was not disappointed. There is hope

Thanks for the laugh this morning fellas
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#46]
It saddens me to think how horrified those children must have been witnessing such
a rare display of violence in their community.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Black hawk down!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#48]
How brave of them to carry on with their native heritage over here, to continue to educate others on proper social gathering etiquette from their homeland. May we be evermore the wiser, with the techniques of how they enrich others around them at such a young age.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Its all so tiresome...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

Eh, the whole point of those rules (not talking about arfcom specifically here, but any discussion site) is to suppress news that goes against the narrative, and the rules give the leftists several ways to do it (not saying the mods knowingly instituted the rules for that end, but de facto, this is mostly what the rules are for, elsewhere on the Internet.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top