Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/2/2023 9:12:04 PM EDT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/self-centered-boomers-destroyed-economy-110000723.html

"Their greed destroyed the economy — and now millennials and Gen Z are paying the price"  

It gets better from there.  As a GenX the next few years should be fun while these 2 groups slug it out.

There are some points about offshoring and cost cutting in lieu of innovating and current corporate management that is more interested in quarter to quarter results than long term viability.  But also some of it is liberal tripe....

"But as boomers became a steadily more powerful political bloc — peaking as a share of the electorate in 2004 and remaining the largest generational slice of voters until sometime shortly before 2020 — they elected politicians who pursued immigration policy that has slowly closed the door to prospective residents."

It's a bit hard to swallow we've been closed minded to immigrants with the current situation, H1bs for the last 30 years and numerous give aways to attract all manner of 3rd worlders.  

Ironically they were raised by the boomers, so what happens when the kids kick the parents out of the house?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just checking in to see what was my fault this week.
Carry on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I  am entertained.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What generation gave us NAFTA again, the giant sucking sound?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m gen x, we good?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Divide and conquer is working well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
So is this going to lead to gunplay?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps people should start blaming government and degenerate politicians in general, rather than those who benefit from what the government implements.

Imagine if these younger generations got to codify into law all these current beliefs. There will be a lot of blame heading their way in 40 years.

I'm Gen X by the way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Boomers got to live in the best America, and for that I’m jealous.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And bled it dry.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
So Millennials think Boomers destroyed the economy by focusing on careers for Americans and their solution is to flood the country with H1B visas make the economy better?    H1B visa's will take your jobs or lower your salary.  Millennials apparently enjoy being dumb.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yahoo? OK boomer
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
GenX here, you're all stupid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes they did.  I was born 25 years too late.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m gen x, we good?
View Quote

Just be home when the street lights come on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So Millennials think Boomers destroyed the economy by focusing on careers for Americans and their solution is to flood the country with H1B visas make the economy better?    H1B visa's will take your jobs or lower your salary.  Millennials apparently enjoy being dumb.
View Quote

No millenials think boomers shifted manufacturing overseas to boost stock prices and quarterly profits and then did the same thing with H1Bs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm an "elder millennial" that identifies as GenX, and I think all this inter-generational warfare is fucking retarded and anybody who participates in it is nothing more than a useful idiot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I’m gen x, we good?
View Quote

‘74 checking in. Yeah, we good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Millennial vs. Boomers.

"Whoever wins, we lose" - Gen X.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m gen x, we good?
View Quote

Very baby, very.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, people never learn.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the scene from Reacher:  you wanted this.

You (millenials) voted for this.
View Quote
And what generation are the politicians "we" voted for?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That article was written by the chamber of commerce, probably a Republican too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/self-centered-boomers-destroyed-economy-110000723.html

"Their greed destroyed the economy — and now millennials and Gen Z are paying the price"  

It gets better from there.  As a GenX the next few years should be fun while these 2 groups slug it out.

There are some points about offshoring and cost cutting in lieu of innovating and current corporate management that is more interested in quarter to quarter results than long term viability.  But also some of it is liberal tripe....

"But as boomers became a steadily more powerful political bloc — peaking as a share of the electorate in 2004 and remaining the largest generational slice of voters until sometime shortly before 2020 — they elected politicians who pursued immigration policy that has slowly closed the door to prospective residents."

It's a bit hard to swallow we've been closed minded to immigrants with the current situation, H1bs for the last 30 years and numerous give aways to attract all manner of 3rd worlders.  

Ironically they were raised by the boomers, so what happens when the kids kick the parents out of the house?
View Quote

Gen X up to this point has been off the radar but we are already becoming targets. I just saw some crab ass pansy make a boomer and gen x ruined my life comment here a couple days ago. When the boomers are gone it will be all our fault.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Does it matter?

Stop voting for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And what generation are the liberals politicians "we" voted for?

Does it matter?

Stop voting for them.
I never started
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’m gen x, we good?
View Quote

Good?? We're F'n great!
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Millenials keep using the term boomer…boomers did this and boomers did that when the correct term is democrats and liberals did that.

Now look at who keeps electing democrats and liberals

You voted for this:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/3FEB7277-9366-42A0-9DCD-E9B93F0AFE1D-2500733.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/3F7D3113-5297-4926-9FDD-E8491EA7B6DA-2500732.jpg
View Quote

I don’t have a dog the stupid generational fight.  Both of the groups are complete fuckups for different reasons.

That said, voting Republican is not some badge of honor.  The RINOs are doing just as much to damage to our country.  The biggest erosion of personal Liberty has come under Republicans, Trump and Bush Jr.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And bled it dry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And bled it dry.

Unfortunately so.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Read that a few days ago, the liberal who wrote it recommends massive immigration
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much.  Didn't The Greatest Generation give us The New Deal?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Perhaps people should start blaming government and degenerate politicians in general, rather than those who benefit from what the government implements.

Imagine if these younger generations got to codify into law all these current beliefs. There will be a lot of blame heading their way in 40 years.

I'm Gen X by the way.
View Quote

Yup.  The degeneracy goes back a long way. 1913 was a banner year for commie power growth (central bank, income tax, popular election of senators as an erosion of federalism and states rights).  

Social Security created inter generational ponzi scheme to set the stage for inter generational class warfare. Boomers didn’t see or correct the issues any more (or worse) than preceding or following generations. They just happened to surf a bountiful post-war industrial and technological wave, so are a focal point for envy.  The poison seeds planted in their era largely came from theorists and vanguard of the prior generation.  The destructive praxists are barely post-puberty now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

As a Boomer, I have to agree with this...and it makes me angry.  "Opportunity" has been vilified.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Pretty much.  Didn't The Greatest Generation give us The New Deal?
View Quote

I think that would be the silent generation.  

Boomer politicians have fucked this country no doubt.  Massive immigration both legal and illegal.  Raping SS and massive government debt.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So is this going to lead to gunplay?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Millennials are mostly right about Boomers, however the majority of Millennials seem to be intent on finishing what the Boomers started.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then change it.  (hopefully for the better)  
You wouldn't want to live or work like a lot of the Great Generation had to.  They worked hard to improve their and their families lives.  Same for most of the "boomers".  You enjoy a much higher standard of living than the majority of those two generations.  

Now fair enough; I think that you have a great claim for Great Generation & "boomer" politicians, lawyers, business moguls, MIC, lobbyists, three letter agencies, and God knows who else were manipulating the system ("for your own good" yeah right) to benefit their agendas.  Then look again at who is related to who in DC and see why we are so fucked.
And tell us how people like AOC (not a boomer) went from "not being able to afford housing in DC" to being iirc a millionaire in what 6 years?  I'm sure she must possess Einstein-like abilities.
eta: do you think Zuckerburg and the rest of his kind really care about how well you'll live?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm an "elder millennial" that identifies as GenX, and I think all this inter-generational warfare is fucking retarded and anybody who participates in it is nothing more than a useful idiot.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I do feel that as a elder millennial we inherited a fuck of a mess. Communism was allowed to take over every institution, and this happened before my watch.
View Quote

Similar age here. Most people younger than us don't know what they are missing, and likely never will outside people that homeschool on a farm.

Nowadays everything is cool instantly recorded and posted on the internet for the world to judge forever.  How the hell can someone grow up like that and be healthy?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Not only aren't you a member of my tribe, you're not the same age as me.

You silly liberals.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

87 genders ...
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#49]

The oldest GenXer is about 1400 days away from collecting Social Security.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And bled it dry.
View Quote

@kindalazy

What was it I bled dry?
I did farm work since I was 12, bought my own car at 15.
Got a second job at 16, graduated at 17 and went to trade school while working both jobs.
Worked as a mechanic before becoming a machinist, then CNC, taught myself CAM programming then IT.
Now I do IT and CAM. WTF did I bled dry?

If you want to blame every politician from the 90s on me then you are to blame for Obama and Biden.

Username checks out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top