Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 4/17/2024 4:00:02 PM EDT
Mike Johnson Triples Down on Mortgaging American Future to Pay Off Ukrainian Leader Volodymyr Zelensky

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) announced that the House will vote Saturday night on a yet-to-be-released foreign aid package that includes tens of billions of dollars for Ukraine.

Johnson texted House Republicans late Wednesday morning that he would soon release the text of three bills to fund “America’s national security interests and allies,” reported Juliegrace Brufke of Axios, with votes on final passage Saturday night.

Johnson text to members:

After significant Member feedback and discussion, the House Rules Committee will be posting soon today the text of three bills that will fund America’s national security interests and allies in Israel, the Indo-Pacific, and Ukraine, including a loan…

— Juliegrace Brufke (@juliegraceb) April 17, 2024

Those three bills to fund Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan will be packaged with a fourth bill that combines the “REPO Act, TikTok bill, sanctions and other measures to confront Russia, China, and Iran” into a single rule — a parliamentary product specifying which legislation heads to the House floor as well as time and amendment considerations.

By combining the four bills into a single rule, Johnson gives the House the binary choice of allowing votes on all four bills or none. The rule, as well as the four individual bills, each only need majority support to pass.

Breitbart News previously laid out Johnson’s scheme, which was elaborately engineered to allow him to bring Ukraine funding to the floor over the objections of conservatives:

[Johnson] appears to be exploiting the urgency of aiding Israel — a popular cause within his conference and among most House Democrats — to unleash Ukraine funding. By lumping multiple issues which animate large blocks of each party’s base, Johnson might be gambling he can woo Democrats to cross the aisle and vote for a Republican rule, consolidate Republican support, and protect his speakership.

On the Republican side, by including multiple pieces of legislation in the lone rule vote, Johnson is hoping to entice anti-Ukraine Republicans who don’t want to block aid to Israel to vote for the rule. Importantly, he also could insulate himself from criticism from conservatives — most notably [Rep. Marjorie Taylor] Greene (R-GA) — who might otherwise oust him from the Speaker’s office for bringing a standalone rule vote on Ukraine.

With the four-subject rule, Johnson can claim Ukraine aid’s inclusion was necessary for other priorities — most notably, Israel — and that his plan allowed each Member the opportunity to oppose the stand-alone Ukraine aid.

On the Democrat side, Johnson could be relying on the complexity of the House’s parliamentary procedure. It is incredibly unusual for an opposition party to vote for a majority party’s rule — either in the Rules Committee or on the House floor — even if the opposition supports the underlying legislation. But Johnson could hope that enough Democrat members will make the rare crossover on a rule vote to avoid endeavoring to explain parliamentary ins-and-outs to constituents angry that their Congressman blocked a vote on such highly motivating issues like aid to Israel and Ukraine.

Although Johnson’s move allows each of the four bills to receive standalone votes, the structure of the rule will require that all four bills are lumped into one final package on the back end. Therefore, the House will only send one bill to the Senate, ensuring that either all or no aspects of the aid package are passed.

By subscribing, you agree to our terms of use & privacy policy. You will receive email marketing messages from Breitbart News Network to the email you provide. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Lawmakers who want to help American ally Israel — reportedly to the tune of around $14 billion — will be asked to swallow sending more than three times that amount — more than $48 billion — to Ukraine.

In what appears to be an empty gesture to conservatives, Johnson also said he would release the text of “a border security bill that includes the core components of H.R.2, under a separate rule that will allow for amendments.” Since that bill is under a separate rule, it would not be included in the foreign aid package that would be sent to the Senate if Johnson’s scheme goes forward late Saturday night.

Rumored course of action in the House:

Combine Ukraine and Israel aid, with other Biden boondoggles. Send it all to the Senate as a combined package.

Then let the House vote on a fake border security package that has no chance.

Betrayal. And stupid politics to boot.

— J.D. Vance (@JDVance1) April 17, 2024

The House has already passed H.R. 2, a strong border security bill Johnson once insisted be included with any foreign aid package considered by the House — a position he abandoned in March. If the House votes a second time to pass a border security bill untethered to another piece of legislation the Senate desires, this border security bill would face certain death in the Senate, like H.R. 2.

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) posted on X:

Rumored course of action in the House: Combine Ukraine and Israel aid, with other Biden boondoggles. Send it all to the Senate as a combined package. Then let the House vote on a fake border security package that has no chance. Betrayal. And stupid politics to boot.

Make the Democrats vote on Israel, and piss off one of their constituencies.

Make the Democrats vote for Biden's open border or not.

Or fight for real border security.

This is the "give Dems everything they want including political cover" option. Just completely insane.

— J.D. Vance (@JDVance1) April 17, 2024

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), who has filed a motion to vacate that could expel Johnson from the Speaker’s office, appeared unmoved by Johnson’s announcement. She pointed out the House passed an aid bill to Israel in November 2023 that could be used as leverage to support Israel if that country, not Ukraine, was his priority.

News flash for Speaker Johnson, we have already passed HR2, the Senate has it and refuses to secure our border, they want 5,000 illegals per day to come in.

The House passed $14 Billion for Israel aid in November and the Senate refuses to pass it.

You, Speaker Johnson, voted…

— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene???? (@RepMTG) April 17, 2024

“News flash for Speaker Johnson, we have already passed HR2, the Senate has it and refuses to secure our border, they want 5,000 illegals per day to come in,” she said. “The House passed $14 Billion for Israel aid in November and the Senate refuses to pass it. You, Speaker Johnson, voted against $300 million for Ukraine before we gave you the gavel along with the majority of Republicans.”

“No one understands why it is now your top priority to give Ukraine $60 billion more dollars. You are seriously out of step with Republicans by continuing to pass bills dependent on Democrats. Everyone sees through this.”

Johnson’s text to his colleagues ends with a message that he “look[s] forward to continuing our work together.”

That partnership might not continue much longer.

Bradley Jaye is a Capitol Hill Correspondent for Breitbart News. Follow him on X/Twitter at @BradleyAJaye.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, Johnson is a swamp cunt too.

Shock.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickfigure] [#2]
$95B is mortgaging our future away?!?

Our Nation's future hangs on giving away $95B?

$32 trilion spend on bullshit and our future hangs on this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop wasting my time,
You know what I want,
You know what I need,
Or maybe you don't,
Do I have to come right flatout,
And tell you everything,
GIVE ME SOME MONEEEEEEEY
GIVE ME SOME MONEEEEEEEY
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Nobody new is being convinced by bullshitty headlines like "To Pay Off Ukrainian Leader Zelensky".  It's eye roll worthy at this point, in fact.

Stacking dead Russians in the best thing my tax money has been spot on that I can remember, and for a teeny tiny fraction of what Iraq and Afghanistan cost us.  

We need to send them Tomahawks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Country is doomed.   Just a matter of time to the inevitable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
So those of us who said Matt Gaetz was acting foolishly, were right?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I had high hopes for Johnson but he's proven himself to be a huge pussy.  He rolls over and pisses himself at the slightest bit of pressure.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:14:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#8]
Yeah bullshit. Show us all these giant estates, Lamborghinis, and Yachts the Zelensky government is driving around in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stickfigure:

View Quote

A billion here, a billion there...pretty soon we are talking real money.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Vote for whoever has an R next to their name, they're on our side.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Yes, obviously.  We are beyond the point of "we don't have the money",  period.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

View Quote

He is now.  It really begs the question of what does the establishment have over these people?  Threats of violence, death, or financial ruin?  Promises of huge fortunes?  Someone doesn't go from Freedom Caucus to Establishment Loyalist over night without something major being threatened or promised.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Nobody new is being convinced by bullshitty headlines like "To Pay Off Ukrainian Leader Zelensky".  It's eye roll worthy at this point, in fact.

Stacking dead Russians in the best thing my tax money has been spot on that I can remember, and for a teeny tiny fraction of what Iraq and Afghanistan cost us.  

View Quote

100%

We've spent barely 10% of one years defense budget, giving away surplus, literally surplus and old weaponry.

While costing us as far as we know, zero American serviceman's lives.

And look what is cost Russia?

And what did they gain out of it 4-5 small oblasts, which are badically small states or counties?

Fuck, we have spent 10s to possibly 100s of TRILIONS fighting the Communists since 1917.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:
View Quote

Nope, McCarthy was a lap dog of Pelosi’s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw some tweets about an hour ago showing Schumer gloating and saying Johnson is giving us everything we want.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Just vote for them one y one and send them over to the senate one by one.  Stop the F***ing games.  Up or down on each one in the house and in the senate.  

you wonder why we think so highly of congress critters.  Here it is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickfigure] [#17]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

View Quote

Sure it all adds up, but we're going to spend another Trillion dollars pushing an LGBTQ movement that Generation Z is going to grow out of in 5 years.

This isn't about money it's about politics.

This is no different than when Democrats played politics with Rhodesia.

History doesn't repeat it rhymes.

You have a nation state with questionable morals and activities that despite these drawbacks is headed in a positive direction.

Because of politics and propaganda, it's allowed to fail by lack of military support while it's being overtaken by Communists/Statists in Russia/USSR.

American military support is used as a tool by our own corrupt politicians and elite class to score points against each other in WWF political theater.

While people seeking their own freedom and right to self determination are fucked over.

Sounds familiar to me, Vietnam, Rhodesia, etc, now Ukraine.

Gets exhausting.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
You can disagree with the tax use going to Ukraine…..but people saying it’s a “Zelensky payoff!!! Bigger yachts!!”” makes you sound retarded.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

You said Gaetz was going to lead to a Democrat speaker.

I guess you were sorta right.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#20]
That sounds really expensive, cant we just have our own children fight the russians, chinese, norks and iranians in ww3?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Shock.

View Quote

He had me convinced that he was a good guy during the speaker replacement.

Fooled me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

View Quote

Anybody remember the collapse of the Soviet Union?

The short version is we got them to spend themselves in to collapse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

You said Gaetz was going to lead to a Democrat speaker.

I guess you were sorta right.
View Quote

I mean, when you had 8 republicans side with the entire democrat caucus to remove mccarthy...
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Blackmail and or Money works in mysterious ways.  So No.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#25]

View Quote

Yeah Pro-Putin Americans are retarded
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickfigure] [#26]
Originally Posted By 2sledgehammers:

Anybody remember the collapse of the Soviet Union?

The short version is we got them to spend themselves in to collapse.
View Quote

And we're doing it again.

What do you think is more expensive forthe US or Russia right now?

This war draining those Soviet stockpiles and decimating their modern military or us unloading $95B in surplus hardware?

This war isn't hurting us at all right now, other stupid spending is, but this war isn't.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Johnson is compromised IMHO.

First, Johnson solidly opposes FISA.  

Then he gets a "classified briefing" from the FBI.  

All of a sudden, he reverses 180 degrees.  Not only on this, but everything.  The border, Ukraine, all of it.  

This "classified briefing" was in reality the FBI showing him the kompromat, and bringing him in line with doing whatever the administration wants.

And they tell him "if anyone asks why you changed your position, say that what you heard in a classified briefing convinced you that this was the right thing to do, and that since it's classified, you cannot discuss it."

Am I over the target?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]
If the House gets to vote on each package individually, why can't the Senate do likewise?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyascanbe] [#29]

View Quote

When you max out your credit card do you say "I am in it already, might as well keep going"
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By amos-moses:
I had high hopes for Johnson but he's proven himself to be a huge pussy.  He rolls over and pisses himself at the slightest bit of pressure.
View Quote

They ALL do. Johnson, McCarthy, Ryan, and that blubbering John Bahner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

All of a sudden, he reverses 180 degrees.  Not only on this, but everything.  The border, Ukraine, all of it.  

This "classified briefing" was in reality the FBI showing him the kompromat, and bringing him in line with doing whatever the administration wants.

And they tell him "if anyone asks why you changed your position, say that what you heard in a classified briefing convinced you that this was the right thing to do, and that since it's classified, you cannot discuss it."

Am I over the target?
View Quote

No, probably not.

Have you spent any time at all getting a classified breifing in any form?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#32]
What the fuck did I just do!?!?!?!?

My name is Mike Johnson. I’ve been having a lot of fun with that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#33]

No, probably not.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Am I over the target?

No, probably not.

Yes, but this has zero relevance.

Do you believe that the FBI legitimately convinced him to suddenly and completely reverse his position on this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:

When you max out your credit card do you say "I am in it already, might as well keep going"
View Quote

If I ran the bank in Monopoly, why the fuck would I be worried about a credit card?

The people running the country don't operate on credit card thinking, they run the world banking system.

Hey, I get it. The wheels might come off, but the game is being run by the people running the banks, not credit cards...those are for people who don't know how money works.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

It’s  34.6 Trillion right now.

& climbing by the second.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

At some point it will become the straw that broke the camel.  You can put me firmly in the not a nother fucking dime category.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like that IMF warning was really taken seriously.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Do you believe that the FBI legitimately convinced him to suddenly and completely reverse his position on this?
View Quote

It’s perfectly reasonable he was against the FISA warrants at first.

And then he received a classified briefing from the FBI where they said “hey here is all the shit we’ve done and attacks we’ve stopped due to what FISA allowed us to collect, but you’ll never hear about it in the news”, and he changed his mind.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Send it!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Is there anyone in the Republican leadership that is not a compromised, democrat stooge? We might as well have Nancy Pelosi running the House, because it sure seems like she an Chuckie are in 100% control.

Has Johnson done anything at all since becoming Speaker to endear himself to conservatives?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#42]

It’s perfectly reasonable he was against the FISA warrants at first.

And then he received a classified briefing from the FBI where they said “hey here is all the shit we’ve done and attacks we’ve stopped due to what FISA allowed us to collect, but you’ll never hear about it in the news”, and he changed his mind.
View Quote

Yeah it’s all the shit they’ve done that’s the damn problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Loving being the welfare office for the world. It’s like wiping your ass with a wagon wheel…the shit never ends. Retards in charge.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PredatorWhacker:
Loving being the welfare office for the world. It’s like wiping your ass with a wagon wheel…the shit never ends. Retards in charge.
View Quote

And even in here we have fools cheering them on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickfigure] [#45]

View Quote

If that classified briefing showed the tenuous situation going on in Ukraine and Russia and that the Russian military is running at about 15% of what it was at it's peak and that Ukraine ultimately has to dig in and hold out for about another year or two.

Yes.

Or, do you believe that the Biden Administration under the guise of a false "classified breifing" actually used intimidation or threats, to force a spending appropriation?  The current sitting "Wiseguy" President sent his goons the FBI to potentially "rough up" the sitting Speaker of the House?

Yeah, I don't think you're on target on this, not even close.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Bribes and/or threats. Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

It’s  34.6 Trillion right now.

& climbing by the second.
View Quote

Okay, this makes it.

$34.695 Trillion.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#48]

If that classified briefing showed the tenuous situation going on in Ukraine and Russia and that the Russian military is running at about 15% of what it was at it's peak and that Ukraine ultimately has to dig in and hold out for about another year or two.

Yes.

Or, do you believe that the Biden Administration under the guise of a false "classified breifing" actually under intimidation or threat.  The sitting President sent his goons the FBI to potentially "rough up" the sitting sSpeaker of the House?

Yeah, I don't think you're on target on this, not even close.

View Quote

It was the renewal of FISA that this supposed "classified briefing" occurred over. Nothing to do with Ukraine.

After this, Johnson completely reversed his position.

And no I don't think "the sitting president" sent anyone. He isn't even awake.

The FBI can, and does do the goon thing all by themselves. FISA abuses by them (278,000 of them between 2016 and 2020) are well documented and are a major source of their power.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/12/10/ig-report-fbi-fisa-abuse-secret-court-trump-campaign-column/4383722002/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fbi-misused-intelligence-database-278000-searches-court-says-2023-05-19/

And not one of them fired over it.

If you believe the FBI simply has too much integrity to do something like approaching Johnson with kompromat that they clearly have exercised illegal access to, then please, say that out loud.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Biden: Help Ukraine Now or Send Americans to Fight Russia With NATO Later

The president warned congressional Republicans wavering on Ukraine: Provide aid now or send U.S. troops to fight Russia when Putin acts against NATO.

President Joe Biden delivered his sternest warning yet to congressional Republicans balking at approving more aid to Ukraine: Pay up now or you'll pay more later, forced to send U.S. troops to fight Russian soldiers when an emboldened Russian President Vladimir Putin moves in on a NATO member country.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2023-12-06/biden-help-ukraine-now-or-send-americans-to-fight-russia-with-nato-later
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#50]
He could have at least appended HR2 (or an exact copy) to that spending bill that will have very little oversight.   At least let the taxpayers who are getting fleeced get something out of the deal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top