Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2023 11:25:38 AM EDT
To preface, I know how to make rules for incoming e-mails. I currently have quite a few rules set up to direct incoming e-mails to various folders to keep my inbox uncluttered. However, I am having an issue with e-mails from a Google Groups account.

1) Got added to Google Groups for my CVMA Chapter with my Hotmail address, because that's what's on file with National.
2) Figured out how to add my Hotmail address to my Google account as a secondary e-mail to be able to access the group.
3) Now, I get e-mails whenever someone posts in the group, containing the text of the posting, with the e-mail address "[email protected] on behalf of [insert member's name here]", and in the To field: [email protected]  (obviously I changed the address for this post).
4) I tried to set a Rule to move these e-mails to a specified folder, but no matter what settings I tweak, Outlook simply refuses to move the emails automatically. Currently, I've tried the following:

from [email protected]

sent to [email protected]

with [email protected] in the recipient's address

with "cvma" in the header or address.

No matter what combination I use, the messages still go straight to my junk folder and I have to go search them out and move them manually.

How do I set the rule to move the messages?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the rules will apply to junk folder.
you have to fix the fact they are considered spam first.
the rules only work out of the inbox.
so when it bounces out, it never hits the rules engine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top