Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stops and cures chronic migraines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't cure cancer but they are being used, with very good success, in terminal patients to help them cope with impending death.  They are being used effectively in the treatment of TBIs, PTSD, treatment of substance abuse including opioid and alcohol and some forms of dementia.  If they'd work for baldness I'd give them a try, I miss my hair.

There are other mushrooms that are being used in conjunction with conventional medicine to treat some forms of cancer, also with very impressive results, as well as TB (which may well become more important as more antibiotic resistant strains appear).  Mushrooms have anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that are only recently becoming more evident as further research is done.
Stops and cures chronic migraines.
I'm not sure about "curing" but from the research I've read most folks typically go months without having a migraine after treatment.  One of my friends was going through a good bit of sumatriptan (Imatrex) several years ago.  To the best of my knowledge he hasn't refilled that prescription in the last couple of years.

From hat I gather, it's suspected that a lot of migraines are stress related, consciously or subconsciously (due to past events, etc) and that it works in much the same way as it does for depression, PTSD, etc.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be cool if they were studied to get a grasp on how to use them and proper dosage for maximum effect. Outside of a medical setting they can be really really fun at the right concert......
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about "curing" but from the research I've read most folks typically go months without having a migraine after treatment.  One of my friends was going through a good bit of sumatriptan (Imatrex) several years ago.  To the best of my knowledge he hasn't refilled that prescription in the last couple of years.

From hat I gather, it's suspected that a lot of migraines are stress related, consciously or subconsciously (due to past events, etc) and that it works in much the same way as it does for depression, PTSD, etc.
View Quote
That and migraines caused from chemical exposure.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you got a link to that by chance?  I'd like to read it.  It would be interesting to see a clinical test done with veterans who are claiming they were exposed to chemicals via burn pits in Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seems caffeine is addictive as cannabis but more deadly!
View Quote
Nobody's ever died from eating too many mushrooms or injecting too many marijuanas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every drug (you might be able to make an argument for antibiotics to remain prescription only) should be "over the counter".

The fact that anyone here thinks the gov should be able to tell it's citizens what they can and cannot ingest into their own bodies is just laughable.  The drug warriors are no better than the rabid leftists they claim to despise.  In fact, they both use the exact same logic to defend their views.....the gov should be in the business of protecting us from ourselves and they clearly know what's best for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want over the counter LSD
Every drug (you might be able to make an argument for antibiotics to remain prescription only) should be "over the counter".

The fact that anyone here thinks the gov should be able to tell it's citizens what they can and cannot ingest into their own bodies is just laughable.  The drug warriors are no better than the rabid leftists they claim to despise.  In fact, they both use the exact same logic to defend their views.....the gov should be in the business of protecting us from ourselves and they clearly know what's best for us.
To a degree, yes. But for minor children I think a little oversight is in order. Parent's shouldn't be able to keep their kids on antibiotics year-round, for example. Or give them antidepressants without any guidance, as another example. Not so sure we should let parents give kids hormone treatments either. Or for that matter, allow unrestricted access to steroids when "roid rage" is a known thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a lot of experience maxidosing psilocybin in junior high in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

I haven't done drugs in over 40 years, but psilocybin brings back lots of warm, fuzzy memories.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Introspection is one helluva drug
View Quote
Stay away from mirrors, you might be there for a while.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Psychodelic drugs are nothing to fuck with.
View Quote
Wrong!
They were fun to fuck with
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have you got a link to that by chance?  I'd like to read it.  It would be interesting to see a clinical test done with veterans who are claiming they were exposed to chemicals via burn pits in Iraq.
View Quote
Unfortunately I do not have any links.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
JACK BLACK (ON DRUGS) TRIPPING WITH MUSHROOMS!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I just got back from a ketamine treatment an hour ago
View Quote
We used to call them raves
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife (upgraded model) has severe migraines and possibly cluster headaches.  I’d really like to see more research on this rather than giving her a migraine cocktail and having her lose a day of her life. Even with aggressive medical treatment she has at least two migraine days a week.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LSD is dangerous.  Shrooms are pretty fucking safe.
View Quote
Back in my day I always had the opposite experience.  I wasn't doing research chemicals either and usually never more than 1-3 tabs of acid over a 3-9 hour period or a cap- 1/16 of shrooms.

I don't think I could do psychedelics any more though.  The experiences were always pretty good, but I always seemed like I had less control on shrooms.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife (upgraded model) has severe migraines and possibly cluster headaches.  I’d really like to see more research on this rather than giving her a migraine cocktail and having her lose a day of her life. Even with aggressive medical treatment she has at least two migraine days a week.
View Quote
You need to find her some.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]
A husky had a long hard life.  Years spent away from the comfort of American soil took it's toll.  Four tours in the desert left his body and mind broken.  A lost job.  A crumbling marrige.  Bankruptcy.  Death of his daughter.  A methamphetamine addicted and suicidal spouse.  He was about to check out permanently himself.

The VA pumped him through every prescription in the pharmacy.  Side effects.  Side effects to the meds that were given to cover up side effects.  Therapytherapytherapy.  Shaking, sweating, racing thoughts.  Other things this husky would rather not mention.

His neighbor, a computer programmer, offered the suggestion to try microdosing.  At his wits end, he was desperate enough and gave it a shot.

Things changed slowly.  Mind got clearer each day.  Thoughts no longer racing.  Logical, rational decisions came easier.  Mood was more even and elevated.  Socialization was not crippling.  Processing emotions in therapy "clicked".  His life was easier to manage.  One by one, perscriptions were weaned down, then they were given up entirely.

This husky now has an appreciation for life that he never knew before.  A stable career.  Significant savings and investments.  A comfortable home.  Loving children.  A healthy mind, body and soul.

This husky I'm talking about seems to think microdosing worked out pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do your research.  As I posted above, a friend of mine used to go through Imitrex like candy and I'm pretty sure he hasn't refilled that script in some time now.  There are some disqualifying factors, primarily schizophrenia, BPD, etc.

Note- I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not offering any actual advice, I just find the subject fascinating and work has been slow so I've been reading up on it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A husky had a long hard life.  Years spent away from the comfort of American soil took it's toll.  Four tours in the desert left his body and mind broken.  A lost job.  A crumbling marrige.  Bankruptcy.  Death of his daughter.  A methamphetamine addicted and suicidal spouse.  He was about to check out permanently himself.

The VA pumped him through every prescription in the pharmacy.  Side effects.  Side effects to the meds that were given to cover up side effects.  Therapytherapytherapy.  Shaking, sweating, racing thoughts.  Other things this husky would rather not mention.

His neighbor, a computer programmer, offered the suggestion to try microdosing.  At his wits end, he was desperate enough and gave it a shot.

Things changed slowly.  Mind got clearer each day.  Thoughts no longer racing.  Logical, rational decisions came easier.  Mood was more even and elevated.  Socialization was not crippling.  Processing emotions in therapy "clicked".  His life was easier to manage.  One by one, perscriptions were weaned down, then they were given up entirely.

This husky now has an appreciation for life that he never knew before.  A stable career.  Significant savings and investments.  A comfortable home.  Loving children.  A healthy mind, body and soul.

View Quote
Glad you met that Husky.

Currently going through the ringer of antidepressants and honestly, having 5 or 6 medications to keep up with is really starting to weigh on me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol
Well he's right if you are schizophrenic, predisposed to schizophrenia or several other mental conditions or are taking MAOs and are thinking about trying ayahuasca.  There are some folks who should stay away from them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Glad you met that Husky.

Currently going through the ringer of antidepressants and honestly, having 5 or 6 medications to keep up with is really starting to weigh on me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you met that Husky.

@narphenal there are options.  This thread is a good example.

No matter what life throws at you, never give up.  Learn from your mistakes and use that knowledge to keep improving your outlook.

If you ever need help, just IM me.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Who produced that data?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#24]
It is difficult to remain depressed when you are laughing continuously for hours.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is difficult to remain depressed when you are laughing continuously for hours.....
View Quote
And when it wears off?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And when it wears off?
View Quote
You have less fucks to give, so less things bother you?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#27]
If it provides the patient relief of symptoms and the cost to said patient is minimal then it's a good treatment.

One of the problems will always be patients self medicating in addition to any other treatments...i.e. alcohol.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And when it wears off?
View Quote
Increased well being for days or weeks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I only recently tried shrooms.  But have done them 4 or 5 times now.  I had never done an illegal drug in my life before that.  The only reason I even considered shrooms was after researching their affects on depression.  Also typical drugs tests do not test for shrooms.  So you can enjoy them without risking your job, typically.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In before someone here claims that someone here says that "magic mushrooms" cure cancer, baldness, and dandruff.
View Quote
And inflammation.........and joint pain too!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is LSD dangerous?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
This^

I’m for freedom, except for shit I don’t approve of...
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They work.  Lets leave it at that...
View Quote
This, as does MDMA for depression and PTSD. Life changing. Both are being fast tracked
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They always worked for me.
View Quote
I stuck with macrodosing in my younger days.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Glad the Husky found his way back! Everyone should be able to walk that path, if they so choose.

Great book on the subject.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right ,they are to be used responsibly with great care.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Fukn Dems been on them for decades. Nanyt, Chuck, Adam, Nadler....the list goes on & on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wrong!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong!
Not for everyone.

Around 1969 I was sitting at the kitchen table (parents weren't home) trying to get a single-edged razor blade exactly centered on a tab of acid (White Lightning, I think it was).

I cut it and one-half goes shooting off the table and onto the floor. My mom had one of those 1960's speckled floor tile things going on -- camouflage for dropped food particles.

So I have my nose down on the floor trying to find it and look up to see our miniature Dachshund trying to help me, licking up molecules of bacon and cookies along the way.

I never found it, but that explained why the Dachshund was bug-eyed and scared and trembling an hour later.

I felt bad for her. Tripping wiener dog.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#42]
A guy I know ate some on a fishing dock in the Indian River lagoon in Florida while eating a full pack of bologna. A dolphin swam by and through a bunch of bioluminescent algae outlining the entire dolphin in electric blue colors. He said it was mind blowing. More bologna was eaten.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#43]
It's interesting how a bunch of illegal, stigmatized, naturally occurring substances that costs next to nothing to produce have these fantastic properties without the side effects that come with legal, socially acceptable, expensive, man-made pharmaceuticals.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#44]
DOPERS!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's interesting how a bunch of illegal, stigmatized, naturally occurring substances that costs next to nothing to produce have these fantastic properties without the side effects that come with legal, socially acceptable, expensive, man-made pharmaceuticals.
View Quote
It's weird right? Almost as if there is an ulterior motive to keeping these things illegal and making it extremely difficult to do research on their possible benefits.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's weird right? Almost as if there is an ulterior motive to keeping these things illegal and making it extremely difficult to do research on their possible benefits.
View Quote
No money in free treatments and cures.

Pretty simple, really.

And a sad commentary.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Neither are these guys;

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' Ta Fuck Wit (HD) Best Quality!
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#48]
LSD was probably the single most life changing thing that ever happened to me. I’ve done shrooms before as well and they definitely showed me some things but after doing lsd, I was wide awake. I went through life asleep and didn’t even know it. It flipped a switch in my brain and made me see the world completely differently. It also made me start listening to the Grateful Dead and the string cheese incident
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I just got back from a ketamine treatment an hour ago
View Quote
I know I said it in the last thread but awesome.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#50]
What about macrodosing LSD?

Page / 3
Top Top